ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Do you support "the banner"? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264729)

Rausch 10-07-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8984785)
I am actually okay with Pioli's team, other than the egotistical decisions at head coach and QB.

Other than that bleeding head wound President Lincoln what did you think of the play?...

el borracho 10-07-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8984785)
I am actually okay with Pioli's team, other than the egotistical decisions at head coach and QB. However, I don't think any coach wants to work for him. And I don't trust him with the QB decision.

I don't really believe that. You are talking about a multi-million dollar job. If Al Davis could find coaches, Scott Pioli can find coaches.

Iowanian 10-07-2012 09:34 AM

I'd like to see a plane roll back in when the fans are leaving in the 3rd quarter that says "Told you So, Clark"

Rausch 10-07-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8984920)
I'd like to see a plane roll back in when the fans are leaving in the 3rd quarter that says "Told you So, Clark"

"WHEN CLARK STARTS TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY I WILL..."

el borracho 10-07-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8984812)
I like Pioli's team as well, but if he going to ride with Cassel he can GTFO.

Can't argue with that.

Coogs 10-07-2012 09:42 AM

I support the banner. I can't wait until this team is done with both Pioli and Cassel.

But I do believe the ball started rolling a long time ago... fueled by our very own ChiefsPlanet in the bashing threads we have started and that came together in the Decleration Thread. Instead of just mindless bashing, the Planet is ahead of the curve with stats that back up the bashing. And those stats have been sent to local and national media... who have picked up on this prior to the banner.

The banner IMO is needed to further educate the folks who are not like us at the Planet and drink nothing but the kool-aid that Clark puts in front of them.

And while we get our fair share of negativity from many folks...

CHIEFSPLANET RULES!!!!

chiefzilla1501 10-07-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 8984918)
I don't really believe that. You are talking about a multi-million dollar job. If Al Davis could find coaches, Scott Pioli can find coaches.

If you are a candidate in demand, you're not going to go to a team with a General Manager who has a history of micro-managing all the way down to forcing the coach to play a bad QB.

Secondly, Pioli has shown ZERO ability to think outside Erhardt-Perkins and 2-gap 3-4. So that right there eliminates 99% of your good head coach candidates.

So Pioli's short list is going to be small and unimpressive. If he looks beyond that short list, he's going to have to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 09:46 AM

We planted the seeds of revolution in the minds of many this summer.

Now our work is bearing fruit.

chiefzilla1501 10-07-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8984906)
Other than that bleeding head wound President Lincoln what did you think of the play?...

Exactly. I think the supporting cast he's built is better than people suggest.

But the most important positions were botched. And in my opinion, the biggest problem wasn't talent evaluation as much as it was ego.

Coogs 10-07-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8984990)
We planted the seeds of revolution in the minds of many this summer.

Now our work is bearing fruit.

Yep! :thumb:

Omaha 10-07-2012 09:58 AM

I wonder what effect it will have? I can see Pioli getting pissed & digging his heals in & insisting that Cassel is the starting QB until people just stop showing up. He seems to be THAT GUY. More likely, though, he'll just ignore it.

Sure-Oz 10-07-2012 09:59 AM

If anything the banner will make Pioli more insecure

DeezNutz 10-07-2012 10:00 AM

Sam Mellinger ‏@mellinger

So how many NFL teams are getting ready to play under a banner calling for the GMs firing and QBs benching? Just the one? #Chiefs

GloryDayz 10-07-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8983419)
Clearly there is a lot of energy around the banner, but I generally understand the criticisms that have been posted from others around teh internets. Anyway, the pollster in me is curious to know how many actual detractors we have (and I don't necessarily mean to imply that's a bad thing).

Anyway, intentionally anonymous poll to follow.

It needed to happen, it was past due, and it's part of a process. Many will say it means little to nothing, but that's like politicians who say THEY don't look at polls. Right! And even if Chunt's folks have covered his eyes so he doesn't see it, or images of it, but with the press talking about it I'm not sure they can protect his virgin ears from this reality. Now, will he do something once he knows the masses don't like him? Prolly not, he's doesn't strike me as anything but a drooling fool who will just play the part of the victim-owner! For us, it's the foot in the door of reality for him...

As for others around the Internet.....who cares? I'm sure if they're from cities and towns where their team isn't horrible this is reason for concern. If the end-game was just started, they may have another team to contend with sooner than later.

But I'm not sure they need to worry. As long as Chunt ownes this team, there's little chance they'll be good at anything but soccer. So tell them to pipe down...

noa 10-07-2012 10:07 AM

I think it feels good for us to be able to express our frustration, and that alone makes it worth it. I certainly don't think the banner is going to be detrimental to a team that's already playing this shitty.