ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What kind of HC do you want next? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265653)

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 03:31 PM

I wouldn't mind Haley w/o the headscratching stupidity...

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9049153)
Yeah, Wade went 9 years without winning shit.

Cowher went 14.

If the Steelers weren't the most loyal team in the NFL, he wouldn't have lasted as long as he did.

Wade got fired after going 16-16 with the Falcons, 29-19 with the Bills, and 34-22 with the Cowboys. You'd have to be stupid to say he's a bad coach.

Funny how Tomlin did what Cowher took 15 years to do in 4 seasons.

LMAO

Wade Phillips.

LMAO

Clearly, you weren't old enough to watch his teams in DENVER (not Atlanta) or Buffalo. And he is absolutely the reason why the Cowboys were unable to advance in the playoffs.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9049092)
Yeah, that's what people say when alot of guys get their second chance.

JFC, your stupidity has no bounds.

Nolan was given a talented team and the number one overall draft choice. He burned through coordinators for 4 years and couldn't field a winning team.

He's an excellent 3-4 defensive coordinator and that's where his ability ends.

chiefzilla1501 10-25-2012 03:42 PM

Yes! Finally, somebody on the Gus Bradley bandwagon. Here's another thing I really like about the guy. He was a great quality control coach. That job tells you a lot about his organization skills, how efficient he is with his time, and that he would nail the administrative side of coaching (RAC is a complete failure here).

Keep in mind this is a guy that Monte Kiffin said to Jim Mora: ""J.L., listen to me. I have got a guy here in Tampa that is one of, if not, the finest football coaches I have ever worked with. He's an A-plus. He's a once-in-a-lifetime coach. You need to talk to him." Kiffin then convinced Carroll to hire him. He must have made one hell of an impression on Kiffin.

If you're still not sold on the guy, read this article:
http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybr..._brewer06.html

This sounds to me like a guy who can motivate the hell out of players.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9048708)
Defense, defense, defense.

Offensive head coaches want to tinker with the offense or even run it altogether. There's just too much complexity in NFL schemes these days for me to think that someone that is running his own offense is also as effective as a head coach.

The guys that pull it off like Payton have a quarterback that is so versed in the offense that he becomes a de facto OC.

A guy like Chip Kelly is going to want his paws all over that offense and is going to be a mad tinkerer. I just don't like it.

I want my coach to instill toughness, discipline and attitude in his players. Those are traits more commonly found in defensive coaches/players. The swagger from a football team generally builds through its defense.

You absolutely need a good offense to win these days, but I think you get that from a qualified, creative OC working under an organized, focused HC.

I think Gus Bradley is still my guy.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 03:45 PM

Mmm.....

DJ's left nut 10-25-2012 03:45 PM

Thanks for the article, 'zilla. I hadn't seen that one.

I like the guy more and more every time I look.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 03:46 PM

Damn, I'm beginning to think DJ has become some kind of clairvoyant, CP-savant...

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9048890)
You hire a leader and organizer as your HC, then you go get a guy that can scheme the shit out of things as your OC.

The two skill sets aren't terribly related.

This is what I've said across multiple threads.

It's early, but I like what Joe Philbin has been able to accomplish for a talent depleted football team. The Dolphins traded away their best offensive and defensive players, drafted a rookie QB and are currently sitting at 3-3 and are a few plays from 5-1.

Regardless of who their GM is in 2013, this team will be poised to make a move because they won't need to tie up their first round pick on a QB and have a pair of second and third round picks.

Philbin wasn't the "hot" coordinator. By all accounts, he didn't even call the plays. But what he was before being hired as a head coach was a pure football coach that was organized, detailed and level headed. His age (51) didn't hurt him at all.

THAT'S the type of guy I want to lead the Chiefs. Not a one-year-wonder like Chud or whomever.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9049285)
Thanks for the article, 'zilla. I hadn't seen that one.

I like the guy more and more every time I look.

Which essentially means that if Hunt doesn't act early (December 1 at the latest), this guy will be gone.

There will be several teams looking for a GM and head coach in 2013 and if he doesn't act fast, he'll be left holding the bag (again).

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9049288)
Not a one-year-wonder like Chud or whomever.

LMAO

Fansy the Famous Bard 10-25-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9049276)
Yes! Finally, somebody on the Gus Bradley bandwagon. Here's another thing I really like about the guy. He was a great quality control coach. That job tells you a lot about his organization skills, how efficient he is with his time, and that he would nail the administrative side of coaching (RAC is a complete failure here).

Keep in mind this is a guy that Monte Kiffin said to Jim Mora: ""J.L., listen to me. I have got a guy here in Tampa that is one of, if not, the finest football coaches I have ever worked with. He's an A-plus. He's a once-in-a-lifetime coach. You need to talk to him." Kiffin then convinced Carroll to hire him. He must have made one hell of an impression on Kiffin.

If you're still not sold on the guy, read this article:
http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybr..._brewer06.html

This sounds to me like a guy who can motivate the hell out of players.

I would love to see Bradley in KC.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9049296)
LMAO

I don't mean to bust Billay's balls but I didn't care for the Chud nomination and this year, Carolina has fallen off the cliff.

DJ's left nut 10-25-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9049293)
Which essentially means that if Hunt doesn't act early (December 1 at the latest), this guy will be gone because there will be several teams looking for a GM and head coach in 2013.

The good news w/ Bradley is that he isn't so vested that he can demand control over personnel. So if Hunt doesn't have the stones to can Pioli, we could still bring him in.

The bad news is that Bradley has probably never even met Bill Belichick...so he's out if Pioli's doing the hiring.

Yup - we're hiring Pepper Johnson.

!@#$

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9049299)
I don't mean to bust Billay's balls but I didn't care for the Chud nomination and this year, Carolina has fallen off the cliff.

ROFL I thought "Chud" was some made-up bullshit.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 03:52 PM

I have faith.

Pioli will be shitcanned.

This team is GETTING Geno.

And we're getting a damned good HC for him as well.