ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will a blackout work? - Mellinger (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266658)

Bearcat 11-16-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9123525)
On the note of negative things being said about SOC and the blackout, there is a post in the Chiefs Crowd facebook today where a woman has decided that SOC has promoted violence against other fans and players, including possibly throwing things at or even SHOOTING at Matt Cassel.

:facepalm:

I'm sure they're waiting for the moment they can call the blackout a failure... Barry will probably have 8 podcasts dedicated to the amount of black in the crowd.

The ignorance and stupidity is overwhelming.

hometeam 11-16-2012 02:29 PM

Digging a little deeper, there is a whole faction over at CC who believe that the SOC movements motto is 'Divide our fans' and that we are contacting national and local media to destroy the reputation of Chiefs fans around the league. These people are living in SUCH a fantasy world. Reminds me of scientologists or something.

Sorter 11-16-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9123596)
Digging a little deeper, there is a whole faction over at CC who believe that the SOC movements motto is 'Divide our fans' and that we are contacting national and local media to destroy the reputation of Chiefs fans around the league. These people are living in SUCH a fantasy world. Reminds me of scientologists or something.

ROFL, seriously?

Wow. I guess BlackBob's origin makes a little more sense now.

Bearcat 11-16-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Some of the posts I read on FB give me flashbacks to high school... people are far more concerned about what others (the media) think of them than why they show up. It's not about wins, and even if it is, it's nothing compared to our reputation as a fanbase. Give me a freakin' break. Even when ESPN picks up on the drama of supposedly cheering Cassel's injury, they move onto the next shiny drama a day later and everyone goes back to not caring about this or any other fanbase.

Cephalic Trauma 11-16-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9123633)
Some of the posts I read on FB give me flashbacks to high school... people are far more concerned about what others (the media) think of them than why they show up. It's not about wins, and even if it is, it's nothing compared to our reputation as a fanbase. Give me a freakin' break. Even when ESPN picks up on the drama of supposedly cheering Cassel's injury, they move onto the next shiny drama a day later and everyone goes back to not caring about this or any other fanbase.

Well said.

R8RFAN 11-16-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9123387)
I think you might be the worst financial advisor on this board.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/24696719.jpg

bevischief 11-16-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Wow. ROFL.
With all the radio and TV time this movement has gotten. Just can't get thru to some people...

Nzoner 11-17-2012 07:36 AM

Heard Sam on 610 yesterday and he will not be wearing black although they are predicting that some of the media will be.

Deberg_1990 11-17-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9124644)
Heard Sam on 610 yesterday and he will not be wearing black although they are predicting that some of the media will be.

I thought the media was supposed to stay impartial?

bevischief 11-17-2012 07:53 AM

I will have my black underwear on for tomorrow's game.

BigRedChief 11-17-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9124659)
I will have my black underwear on for tomorrow's game.

For the love of God, no pictures please.

AussieChiefsFan 11-17-2012 08:13 AM

LMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9124682)
For the love of God, no pictures please.

BigRedChief 11-17-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9123525)
On the note of negative things being said about SOC and the blackout, there is a post in the Chiefs Crowd facebook today where a woman has decided that SOC has promoted violence against other fans and players, including possibly throwing things at or even SHOOTING at Matt Cassel.

The only option is to ignore these people. You will not change their mind, they have to do this on their own. And if you take that time to speak truth to them, you get bogged down and don't keep moving forward.

Rausch 11-17-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Digging a little deeper, there is a whole faction over at CC who believe that the SOC movements motto is 'Divide our fans' and that we are contacting national and local media to destroy the reputation of Chiefs fans around the league.

They have a big case of internets penis envy...

WhiteWhale 11-17-2012 08:58 AM

In my eyes, this wearing black stuff is just hand wringing.

Clark will fire Pioli if he cares enough to win football games. If he's stupid enough to keep drinking the kool-aid after this shit show, I'm not watching the chiefs until he's fired. I'm done.

Regardless of if you wear black at this point the opinion of the fanbase is pretty well known to anyone paying attention at all. The ball is in his court. I'm done flailing my arms about it.