ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Vermeil on MNF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267092)

Hammock Parties 11-27-2012 09:11 AM

Croyle was shitty regardless of injury. I think the pro game was too fast for him.

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9156229)
How you can say with a straight face that Herm has a "good eye for talent" when he picked Brodie Croyle to be the Chiefs QBOTF.

The most important position in the NFL... Herm looked at Croyle and thought he was a legit NFL QB.

:facepalm:

Fact is, most Qbs bust.

Your view here is unreasonable.

Hali, Bowe, Albert, Carr, Flowers, Charles.

Getting that kind of talent in 3 drafts is pretty good.

Croyle doesn't kill that.

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9156244)
Croyle was shitty regardless of injury. I think the pro game was too fast for him.

It was. But he could sling it.

I have no problem with them giving him a shot.

It failed. Move on.

loochy 11-27-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9156244)

maybe he could have caught up to the speed if he could play for more than a couple of games a season.

rabblerouser 11-27-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9155484)
who have been DV's offensive coordinators, curiosity.

Don'f know about Philly, but in St L it was Martz and KC was Saunders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9155714)
Yeah, I'm not even gonna think about that. IIRC, It's also the year when thy wouldn't let T Green audible against Philly and they cam back from 17 down.
We win that game, or the one against Dallas, where Fujita knocked the ball away from Green, and we have a chance at the SB.
Although we would probably end up playing the Colts, and have another punt less game.

Or the Buffalo game that year, when we found Jordan Black couldn't play by starting him at LT...

:banghead:

Chiefnj2 11-27-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9154727)
You can suck off Dick all you want.

The D was shit and it was obviously not a priority to fix it.

They wasted a SB offense.

Completely untrue that it wasn't a priority to fix the D. Vermeil let Carl get the players the DC wanted. Robinson brought in his guys. Cunningham brought in all the guys he loved. They brought in a lot of free agents and spent a lot of early draft picks on the D. They made the wrong choices but they certainly didn't ignore it.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9156345)
Completely untrue that it wasn't a priority to fix the D. Vermeil let Carl get the players the DC wanted. Robinson brought in his guys. Cunningham brought in all the guys he loved. They brought in a lot of free agents and spent a lot of early draft picks on the D. They made the wrong choices but they certainly didn't ignore it.

Shawn Barber was the FIRST high-dollar free agent to sign with ANY team that offseason. The defense wasn't only NOT ignored, it was a PRIORITY. They just failed.