ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Forget the draft for now...is Pioli getting fired? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267822)

DaKCMan AP 12-19-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9224009)
No $3it?

That was kind of my point...

The limited information we DO HAVE is that the team went 2-14 and heads (multiple) rolled.

dirk digler 12-19-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9224007)
I wasn't cognizant of football until after Peterson became GM (I was 4 when that happened).

However, looking at the history of the franchise, any time the team had 4 or less wins (and it wasn't the first year under a new HC) there was a change made - whether it was GM, HC, or both.

Fair enough but he really only had 2 GM's (Steadman and Peterson) and he let them stay around WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long.

Rausch 12-19-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9224012)
The limited information we DO HAVE is that the team went 2-14 and heads (multiple) rolled.

Pretty low bar there Mr. Excellent...

DaKCMan AP 12-19-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9224022)
Fair enough but he really only had 2 GM's (Steadman and Peterson) and he let them stay around WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long.

True, but the NFL *was* different back then. There wasn't facebook or twitter or the NFL Network or even the internet presence that there is today. Things are scrutinized much more and much more information is available to all.

GloryDayz 12-19-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9224003)
If I thought for a second the decision was up to you I'd be carting your corpse to some very remote areas of Vegas as we speak...

It wasn't me, it was Clark.. He signed it doode! But if you wanna go to Vegas, I'm in...

DomCasual 12-19-2012 12:23 PM

Is Pioli getting fired?

Gosh, I hope not. That could set this franchise forward five years! :)

dirk digler 12-19-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9224032)
True, but the NFL *was* different back then. There wasn't facebook or twitter or the NFL Network or even the internet presence that there is today. Things are scrutinized much more and much more information is available to all.

very true

HC_Chief 12-19-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9223879)
LAZ: I'M A BILLIONAIRE. I HAVE FOUR WIVES AND THEY'RE ALL VICTORIA SECRET MODELS. I ONCE DUNKED ON LEBRON JAMES. I DRINK TEBOW BLOOD FOR BREAKFAST AND HAVE LANCE ARMSTRONG INJECT ME IN THE ASS WITH STEROIDS FOR DESSERT. ON THE WEEKENDS I TRAVEL TO MY OWN PRIVATE ISLAND THAT IS LARGER THAN BOTH THE STATE OF RHODE ISLAND AND PEYTON MANNING'S FOREHEAD.

CP: Prove it.

LAZ: PROVE ME WRONG.

Obvious lie, I own a globe and there are no islands larger than PM's forehead.

whoman69 12-19-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9223460)

Your hair is fired.

whoman69 12-19-2012 12:43 PM

I have a hard time believing that even with such a hands off owner as CHunt is, that he would retain a GM whose history is one step above Matt Millen.

BlackHelicopters 12-19-2012 12:54 PM

No.

DaKCMan AP 12-19-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9223495)
DaKCMan AP, in all his Awesomeness, has met Clark on two occasions. Both times Clark has been kind, gracious, and accommodating. He has never appeared rash, impulsive, or stupid.

Clark is not stupid.

Pioli will not be retained.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9223508)
Your awesomeness will be rated on this statement...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9223529)
My thoughts exactly.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...nhnao1_250.gif

DaKCMan AP 01-04-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9223495)
DaKCMan AP, in all his Awesomeness, has met Clark on two occasions. Both times Clark has been kind, gracious, and accommodating. He has never appeared rash, impulsive, or stupid.

Clark is not stupid.

Pioli will not be retained.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9223506)
He's still getting paid to be on the field shaking hands. DaKCMan AP met Scott on the field pregame when the Chiefs played in Tampa this year. His job pregame is to schmooze, shake hands, take pictures, and be all "Rah-Rah". For the amount of $$ he makes I'm sure he has no trouble putting on this act even with knowledge that he has only 2 performances remaining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9223508)
Your awesomeness will be rated on this statement...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9223529)
My thoughts exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9223560)
It's a business, and billionaires care about money. You know what else billionaires care about? Image. Right now the Chiefs are the laughingstock of the NFL. They're an embarrassment that reflects directly upon Clark. He's got to be seething.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9223720)
I dunno ... i've said all along that Pioli might stay because the team has talent and it's not playing up to that talent.

The coaching staff is gone ... all of them.

GM will be told to get a QB ... period

chance of Pioli being that GM?

40% chance Pioli stays

Pioli has acquire talent and made the Hunts a buttload of money ... A TON OF MONEY. We are talking about 100-200 million.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9223998)
No. The sample size isn't large enough with Clark. Herm went 4-12 after a 9-7 season. He blew things up, was given another year, and after going 2-14 we got a new GM & HC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9224012)

http://cupofzup.com/wp-content/uploa.../dopeindie.gif

CLX 01-04-2013 09:26 AM

Mutual agreement to part ways.

Translation:
Reid said it's me and a new GM or the deal is off.

Reality:
Pioli gone to appease Reid.

Future:
Questionable until a GM is hired that has a head for talent.

Results:
Good talent takes the Chiefs to a higher level.

Lack of effective scouting and adding worthwhile players, more of the same.

Conclusion:
If Clark Hunt is serious about having a winning franchise he will pull all the strings at his disposal to get only the best for each position, on the field and off.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-04-2013 09:35 AM

yes