ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Texas A&M LT Joeckel is coming out for draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268622)

RunKC 01-08-2013 04:54 PM

I'm not advocating that we take an OT over QB, but this point needs to be said.

Duane Brown is much better in the LT ranks than Matt Schaub is at the QB position. The same thing applies for Joe Staley and either Niners QB.

Those were bad examples.

O.city 01-08-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9297241)
I'm not advocating that we take an OT over QB, but this point needs to be said.

Duane Brown is much better in the LT ranks than Matt Schaub is at the QB position. The same thing applies for Joe Staley and either Niners QB.

Those were bad examples.

Yet Brown wasn't hurt last year during the playoffs.

But yes, they are probably better. But it still doesn't matter.

I'm not sure why you are going to every length to argue against drafting a QB first overall?

I mean that's 95% going to happen at this point, it's just a matter of which one.

RunKC 01-08-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9297252)
Yet Brown wasn't hurt last year during the playoffs.

But yes, they are probably better. But it still doesn't matter.

I'm not sure why you are going to every length to argue against drafting a QB first overall?

I mean that's 95% going to happen at this point, it's just a matter of which one.

I actually used this to support us drafting a QB at 1.

Matt Schaub is clearly holding the Texans back and I don't think Kaepernick will outperform Aaron Rodgers.

Can you imagine if Peyton chose the 49ers over the Broncos? They might be 16-0 right now.

O.city 01-08-2013 05:03 PM

Yeah, I don't really get that move. The Broncos are good, but the 9ers with Manning>the Broncos with Manning.

redsurfer11 01-08-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9296398)
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
Texas A&M LT Luke Joeckel is skipping his SR yr to enter NFL draft, per source as initially reported by @billyliucci
Retweeted by Matt Miller
Expand

If Joeckel grades out to be the top prospect in this draft. Turn in the card.

Red Dawg 01-08-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 9296428)
YOU CAN'T REACH FOR A QUARTERBACK JUST BECAUSE WE NEED ONE DRAFT FOR VALUE

BUT IF WE DON'T SIGN ALBERT, WE HAVE TO GET JOECKEL BECAUSE WE NEED A LEFT TACKLE FORGET THE OTHER POSITIONS

Forget the other positions? QB IS THE ONLY POSITION THAT MATTERS FOR US THIS YEAR!

DJ's left nut 01-08-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsurfer11 (Post 9297296)
If Joeckel grades out to be the top prospect in this draft. Turn in the card.

Good call.

Let's make sure we draft this guy so we can let one of our few established young starters walk.

I love this plan. Let's use the most valuable pick this franchise has ever had to provide, at best, a marginal improvement on the guy we had during a season when we went 2-14.

How does this not sound like a god-awful idea to more people?

duncan_idaho 01-08-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9297322)
Good call.

Let's make sure we draft this guy so we can let one of our few established young starters walk.

I love this plan. Let's use the most valuable pick this franchise has ever had to provide, at best, a marginal improvement on the guy we had during a season when we went 2-14.

How does this not sound like a god-awful idea to more people?

Martyball leftovers?

Fear?

Not doing the homework on Geno Smith (or even Tyler Wilson) and listening to much to the talking heads on ESPN? (Who don't know shit, especially at this point?)

I'll go with the last one.

DaWolf 01-08-2013 05:24 PM

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

Reminder: A player being ranked No. 1 overall doesn't mean the #Chiefs will or should take him. Rankings aren't mock drafts.

htismaqe 01-08-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9296977)
Luke Joeckel is an injury-prone, one year wonder who converted from TE. ****ing dumbass

Hyperbole is great, isn't it?

I took lessons from you.

htismaqe 01-08-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9297340)
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

Reminder: A player being ranked No. 1 overall doesn't mean the #Chiefs will or should take him. Rankings aren't mock drafts.

Matt Miller has said several times on WHB that the Chiefs should take Geno, FWIW.

The Franchise 01-08-2013 05:28 PM

A good majority of this fan base is beyond ****ing reeruned.

Strongside 01-08-2013 05:28 PM

Last years number one pick's last name was Luck. Clearly he's brought that to the Colts.

Some people want us to draft a guy whose last name has the sound of the word 'joke' in it. That's exactly what the pick would be. A ****ing joke.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-08-2013 05:28 PM

Good for him. He can stay the **** away from KC.

DeezNutz 01-08-2013 05:30 PM

Get our LT, move Albert over to guard, and our line is in place. People have long argued the need to get the line right before drafting the QB.

(ducks)