ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Unhappy with the Chiefs? Get your new team here. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270619)

Al Bundy 03-02-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9456599)
How's that working for them? :LOL:

A hell of a lot better than rolling out 2nd round picks for Casshole and Alex Smith.

Dave Lane 03-02-2013 08:37 AM

Hit me

Rain Man 03-02-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9456624)
Hit me

You (and anyone else who wants a new team) have to sign up in the poll. I'm traveling at the moment, so it's the best way for me to keep track of who's been assigned. Muchas gracias.

DonTellMeShowMe 03-02-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9455012)
My cousin, Lynn Dickey, played for the GB Packers... so, I've always "kinda" liked them...

I love the San Francisco Giants, but hate the San Francisco 49ers... especially their retread QBs.

Hate the 49ers? But like the giants?

Rain Man 03-02-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9455012)
My cousin, Lynn Dickey, played for the GB Packers... so, I've always "kinda" liked them...

I love the San Francisco Giants, but hate the San Francisco 49ers... especially their retread QBs.

I have some distant memory of a Packers game in his era where he was on the sidelines in a wheelchair or a halo brace or something. Did he have some major injury on the field?

EagleRob 03-02-2013 09:47 AM

I tried this extreme a few years ago to try to see if the grass was greener elsewhere. After the Eagles blew up the year after the Super Bowl loss I decided to drop football cold turkey and didn't watch NFL for a year. The second season I decided to pick a new team - but not at random. I chose the Cowboys and only watched games involving the Cowboys that year, read the Dallas Morning News online, even ordered me a Marion Barber jersey and wore it to my Philly-based fantasy draft. What I realized was that
1) even our rivals bitched about their team, their owner, and their players
2) it's less fun to root for a team that's not the home team because the home team has a million people around you with a similar interest and even with the Internet in 2007 you were still starved for information about remote out of market trams (not as bad now) and
3) you never stop loving that bitch that hurts you over and over again and you go back to her whether you want to or not because its home and you know her best.

WakkaWakka 03-02-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9456597)

DisgruntledFan - Cincinnati Bengals. Is Pacman on the straight and narrow now?

**** me...

Terribilis 03-02-2013 01:11 PM

Retry- I was missed on the last batch

Dayze 03-02-2013 02:41 PM

Te last 3 yrs I've watched more and more NCAA football. I may have watched 2 or 3 non chiefs games.

I suppose I would probably root for the Steelers.

DaFuq W DisPlace?! 03-02-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9456597)
Okay, finishing up the March 1st group:

colt459 - Cincinnati Bengals. Why do you guys still have Marvin as your coach?

DaFuq W DisPlace?! - New England Patriots. Before you get cocky, recognize that they haven't won back to back Super Bowls in almost a decade.

**** this Franchise - Atlanta Falcons. So what do you think about them cutting Turner and Abraham?

DisgruntledFan - Cincinnati Bengals. Is Pacman on the straight and narrow now?

East Side Rogelio - Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Now go figure out who plays for them, okay? I don't know.

Exoter175 - Oakland Raiders. Oh, god. I'm sorry.

Lumpy - Houston Texans. You guys need a franchise quarterback.

Raiderhater58 - New England Patriots. They're getting old. Hopefully you're not joining Rome in 475 A.D.

Lol I can't even pretend to be a Patsies fan. Luckily I already have a team that I love (done done done the plot thickens)

Fritz88 03-02-2013 04:53 PM

Where's ma team?

Rain Man 03-02-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9457796)
Where's ma team?

Apologies. But you now get to embrace the storied history that includes cornerback Bobby Bryant, linebacker Jeff Siemon, and of course who can forget fullback Bill Brown. You, sir, are now assigned to be a Vikings fan.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-02-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9457369)
Te last 3 yrs I've watched more and more NCAA football. I may have watched 2 or 3 non chiefs games.

I suppose I would probably root for the Steelers.

Welcome to Team Sweet Dick!
Posted via Mobile Device

Setsuna 03-02-2013 05:45 PM

Can I haz one?

Rain Man 03-02-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9457947)
Can I haz one?

But of course. I was thinking that perhaps you should have one. However, you have to sign up for a time so I can keep track of them. Them's the rules.