ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs PFT take on Albert and his twitter account (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270849)

BossChief 04-12-2013 07:38 PM

I usually click on the post # and it opens a new window and shows the pic.

Wouldn't it be sweet if they got a deal done! There have been a few LTs re-signed this offseason...his "fair market value" shouldn't be that hard to figure out at this point.

hometeam 04-12-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9581721)
He's at Arrowhead? :hmmm:

http://i.imgur.com/f6EJFY7.jpg

Prob at the royals game.

Mike in SW-MO 04-12-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9581760)

Wouldn't it be sweet if they got a deal done! There have been a few LTs re-signed this offseason...his "fair market value" shouldn't be that hard to figure out at this point.

I wondered about salary cap when I saw the post about the LB being signed. I was under the impression Chiefs were pretty tapped out pre-draft at this point.

Figured it meant Albert was going bye-bye or they had a long term deal to lower his cap number.

Hopefully the Chiefs and Albert have come together.

SAUTO 04-12-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9581760)

weird my phone doesn't show post numbers either
Posted via Mobile Device

jimw51 04-12-2013 08:44 PM

Show up and an play football

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2013 08:58 PM

Sign that deal!
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 04-12-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO (Post 9581952)
I wondered about salary cap when I saw the post about the LB being signed. I was under the impression Chiefs were pretty tapped out pre-draft at this point.

Figured it meant Albert was going bye-bye or they had a long term deal to lower his cap number.

Hopefully the Chiefs and Albert have come together.

The salary cap room is based on the highest 51 contracts we have...camp fodder signings don't effect that number.

Nice thought, though.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-15-2013 07:05 AM

Per PFT

Chiefs willing to trade Branden Albert for a high second-round pick

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 15, 2013, 8:43 AM EDT

AP
A month ago, the word out of Kansas City was that if the Chiefs were going to trade left tackle Branden Albert, they’d want more than just a second-round draft pick. But the Chiefs may be softening their stance on that.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated is hearing that the Chiefs would take a high second-round pick for Albert. So far, however, Kansas City has found no takers.

The Chiefs gave up their own high second-round pick to acquire quarterback Alex Smith, and they’d like to get a second-round pick back. The question, however, is whether any team would be willing to give up a second-round pick for Albert. This year Albert is guaranteed a base salary of $9.828 million, and he is looking for significant money on a long-term contract. So any team that acquires Albert for a second-round pick would have to spend a lot more money on (and devote a lot more cap space to) Albert than the second-round pick would cost.

The Chiefs are widely expected to draft a left tackle, either Luke Joeckel of Texas A&M or Eric Fisher of Central Michigan, with the first overall pick in next week’s draft.

O.city 04-15-2013 07:13 AM

He's good as gone.

Oh well, save some money and perhaps get a better player

tredadda 04-15-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9587570)
Per PFT

AP
A month ago, the word out of Kansas City was that if the Chiefs were going to trade left tackle Branden Albert, they’d want more than just a second-round draft pick. But the Chiefs may be softening their stance on that.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated is hearing that the Chiefs would take a high second-round pick for Albert. So far, however, Kansas City has found no takers.

The Chiefs gave up their own high second-round pick to acquire quarterback Alex Smith, and they’d like to get a second-round pick back. The question, however, is whether any team would be willing to give up a second-round pick for Albert. This year Albert is guaranteed a base salary of $9.828 million, and he is looking for significant money on a long-term contract. So any team that acquires Albert for a second-round pick would have to spend a lot more money on (and devote a lot more cap space to) Albert than the second-round pick would cost.

The Chiefs are widely expected to draft a left tackle, either Luke Joeckel of Texas A&M or Eric Fisher of Central Michigan, with the first overall pick in next week’s draft.

:facepalm:

They are determined to replace him with someone who is not any better than him if it means recouping the pick they blew on Alex Smith.

O.city 04-15-2013 07:15 AM

Why are we so sure fisher or joeckel won't be better? Maybe yet don't like Albert at lt in a pass happy offense.

Dante84 04-15-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9587570)
Per PFT

AP

So that is PFT quoting Peter King, and Peter King's article that this is taken from isn't really concrete. "I'm hearing..."

He's a Pioli fanboy, too, so I trust nothing he says.

Deberg_1990 04-15-2013 07:27 AM

It appears its more about getting a LT for cheaper. It doesnt appear the Chiefs or anyone else wants to pay Albert 9 mil per.

O.city 04-15-2013 07:29 AM

King might be a dipshit, but he has really solid sources in the nfl

BigRock 04-15-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9587592)
It doesnt appear the Chiefs or anyone else wants to pay Albert 9 mil per.

Perhaps this is the point they're hoping to get across to him.