ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Installing a passenger side mirror? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270970)

Exoter175 03-11-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9485316)
You're a ****ing crook. If it takes 2 hours to do a job, and you bill it at 2.4, **** you for being a thief. Charge whatever the **** you want per hour. Just don't lie about the number of hours. That is outright theft.

Then every mechanic you know, including Sauto is a crook.

Also, it shows to me that you know nothing about the business.

let me give you a hypothetical of how this works.

My labor hour is $80 an hour
My labor hour markup is 10%
You Car is booking at 2.2 Hours to fix (2.0 standard)
It takes me 45 minutes to fix.

Every business is going to charge you that 2.2 Hours to fix, unless they are the 1% of business out there that don't mark their labor hour up. In which case you get charged for 2.0 hours.

It still took us 45 minutes to fix, and you get charged 2 hours.

Are we crooks then?

If you say yes, then it appears to me that you haven't read a god damned thing in this thread, and are only trying to troll at this point, because your lack of business sense or reading comprehension are low or non existent.

Old Dog 03-11-2013 12:40 PM

It's a rare day indeed when I agree with Saul Good very many times, but I must agree. It appears to be pissing off Extorter, but I've always believed in calling a spade a spade (or a thief a thief in this instance).

Reps to Saul

seclark 03-11-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9485315)
One thing is certain, Hootie can start a run-of-the-mill thread and it almost always ends up being entertaining.

i know...i wonder if the dude that kicked the shit out of that mirror had any idea what he was starting.;)
sec

Exoter175 03-11-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9485330)
The only enlightenment you've done is to highlight what a ****ing shyster you are.

Actually, I think there would a lot of people who disagree with you, I'm just unveiling what goes on behind the scenes at every shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9485342)
Passive aggressive? Who is being passive aggressive? I'm not dropping subtle, backhanded digs. I'm saying flat-out that you are a crook. Nothing passive aggressive about it.

You are now, but you weren't before saying that there are "crooks on this board" when you were clearly talking to me.

Funny thing is, I am no crook, I'm the one here walking through the business process step by step with everyone so they know how to work.

You call me a shyster, but your best buddy Sauto who claims to be a master tech, couldn't even explain to me which tests he took to become a master tech.

If anyone is the Shyster, it is him. But that is an argument for another thread, just like your passive aggressive posts should be kept to another thread.

The problem with that? You have a hardon for me because I insulted Sauto and you are his right hand man, he gives, you take, its a happy marriage between you two.J

Get off my nuts Saul, you aren't ready for them.

notorious 03-11-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9485349)
i know...i wonder if the dude that kicked the shit out of that mirror had any idea what he was starting.;)
sec

ROFL

Hootie 03-11-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9485339)
That's $10 more than I'd ever spend on an XBox Live Avatar.

If you can piss away $10 on an avatar, the $40 to pay a shop to make sure your window gets put on correctly is going to be a bargain.

yeah my roommate LOL'd at me when I did it...

but Scary Berry 29 looks pretty fly with his Air Jordan 12s

Exoter175 03-11-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9485348)
It's a rare day indeed when I agree with Saul Good very many times, but I must agree. It appears to be pissing off Extorter, but I've always believed in calling a spade a spade (or a thief a thief in this instance).

Reps to Saul

Explain to me how I am a thief, I'd love to hear that.

Not a single business in this country charges their labor hour based on the actual time spent. Not even ol' buddy Sauto can claim that with a straight face.

Steron 03-11-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9485344)

Every business is going to charge you that 2.2 Hours to fix, unless they are the 1% of business out there that don't mark their labor hour up. In which case you get charged for 2.0 hours.

Are we crooks then?

If you say yes, then it appears to me that you haven't read a god damned thing in this thread, and are only trying to troll at this point, because your lack of business sense or reading comprehension are low or non existent.

Forgive me if this question is crazy. I really have no idea how the auto repair business works. Is the Labor Hour price fixed? Or is it based on the experience of the mechanic doing the work? If a mechanic with 20 years experience fixes my car, is the charge more than if one with 1 year is doing it?

Saul Good 03-11-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9485344)

Are we crooks then?

Yes. You are an unethical crook. Padding hours is theft.

notorious 03-11-2013 12:45 PM

You won't get charged more for the job, but the per hour charge will be higher.

Experienced guy = less time for same price

Typically that is how it ends up.

Exoter175 03-11-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steron (Post 9485363)
Forgive me if this question is crazy. I really have no idea how the auto repair business works. Is the Labor Hour price fixed? Or is it based on the experience of the mechanic doing the work? If a mechanic with 20 years experience fixes my car, is the charge more than if one with 1 year is doing it?

The Labor Hour Price is not only fixed for every business, but it SHOULD be visibly posted for you to see, so you can be the judge of what is going on. It should not be hidden, and it should be posted in multiple locations.

Labor Price will depend on the shop. Some ships will charge more than others, some will undercut for business, some will increase it so they can slow down the number of cars coming in because they are swamped.

It can, however, change at any time, but it should NEVER change for you once you walk in that door.

Saul Good 03-11-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steron (Post 9485363)

They can raise their rates up to whatever they want. Rounding up hours is borderline unethical. At the very least, it should be disclosed that they bill based on full hours, minimum labor charges, book times, etc. Simply fabricating hours that were never worked and never should have been worked is theft. (It's also illegal.)

Source: I used to work as an insurance adjuster.

Exoter175 03-11-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9485368)
Yes. You are an unethical crook. Padding hours is theft.

You don't understand how business works and you just called your buddy Sauto a crook as well.

We don't charge based on how long it takes us to fix it. We don't charge based on flat book hour as well, 99.9% of the time that book hour is marked up.

Did you also know that both Mitchell and Alldata have different book hours for everything? So I can pick and choose what I want to book if I was really that interested in spending that much time to steal your monies.

I've had times where it took me over book hour to fix something, I didn't charge them more.

Somehow I'm a crook. Sweet.

DeezNutz 03-11-2013 12:49 PM

Mechanics don't punch a clock in and out on a job. From my understanding, most repairs have a "set time" in the books for how long they should take. If the mechanics finish early, customers aren't catching a break on cost.

Steron 03-11-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9485371)
You won't get charged more for the job, but the per hour charge will be higher.

Experienced guy = less time for same price

Typically that is how it ends up.

Even if both are working at the same shop? I would guess that the more experienced tech gets the more difficult jobs.

Just for argument's sake.

Hootie's mirror is a 2 hour job. A newer guy gets this assignment. Is there still the 2.4 hour quote or based on simplicity, does it get a 2 hour quote?

Say my transmission is an 8 hour job. An experienced guy gets that assignment. Does the labor hour quote get the added .4 based on having to pay that tech more?

**Nevermind** It got answered as I was posting this**