ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Pete Prisco on Geno Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271558)

penbrook 03-29-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9537572)
I guess it all depends on if we can trade out of it. If we absolutely cannot find any trade partners to to trade down, and Geno is considered their BPA then I'll be happy with it. I just can't believe there isn't a team out there that we can't get a few picks out of for 1:1.

Only teams that are interested in Geno are the Bills and Eagles.

RealSNR 03-29-2013 01:01 AM

"You're over."

What does that mean, Dane? I might interpret that as a personal threat if I didn't know you were a ****ing pussy.

penbrook 03-29-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9537575)
"You're over."

What does that mean, Dane? I might interpret that as a personal threat if I didn't know you were a ****ing pussy.

Dane has been a douche as of late...

Started going off on me saying we have 6 holes to fill on this team.

ArmyChief 03-29-2013 01:50 AM

Interesting. I've never thought he was worth the #1 overall anyway. He's getting hyped up by the media. He has potential to be a good QB, gut he's not Day one starter material. That's the point of drafting a QB #1 overall.

keg in kc 03-29-2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmyChief (Post 9537589)
He's getting hyped up by the media.

I'm trying to think of anybody in the media who's been hyping him up at all at any point.

PA Chiefs 03-29-2013 04:39 AM

Wondering in a trade back situation is Dion Jordan (or another pass rusher)+EJ Manuel better then just Geno because who ever we pick up is going to sit and learn for a year or two and then the pass rusher can be used from day one

AdumbGuy 03-29-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9536617)

I'd seriously like to know who in this draft has done more at their respective positions than Geno has done at his.

Who are these mythical Top-10 guys that Geno doesn't fall into/can't beat out that have shown more potential at the next level for their position than Geno?

Werner? Jones? Lotulelei? Joeckel? Fisher? Jordan?

Sorry, but I don't see it.

This. It's like while all the other positions are being compared to each other (Fisher to Joekel) Geno's being compared to Drew Brees and Tom Brady.

Also ridiculous that everybody thinks that somebody at 1.1 should come in and start immediately. Why? Because everybody else will think we're dumb? Santa forbid we let our franchise cornerstone acclimate before getting thrown into a game - people that still think Cassel is serviceable will think we're being silly!

To me, Geno, purported warts and all, is the best player at the most important position in this draft. If somebody can present an argument against that statement, I'm willing to listen, but otherwise, kiss my shiny metal ass.

We can draft Geno at 1.1 or we can trade for picks and hope the QB next year is better AND that our picks are high enough that we can get him. Seems a far bigger gamble than just picking up Geno.

R8RFAN 03-29-2013 05:03 AM

This reminds me of when the Cheap fans thought they were getting Manning LMAO

Mr_Tomahawk 03-29-2013 05:47 AM

Good Article.

Thanks for posting.

Geno is overrated on this board. Not that I wouldn't be ectatic if we selected him 1 overall. I just don't think he is an absolute sure thing as many do on this board. I see bust potential in him...

Chiefs=Champions 03-29-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9537618)
This reminds me of when the Cheap fans thought they were getting Manning LMAO

You have your own cesspool to worry about. Try finding something positive about the potential of trading for flynn

Chiefs=Champions 03-29-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9537631)
Good Article.

Thanks for posting.

Geno is overrated on this board. Not that I wouldn't be ectatic if we selected him 1 overall. I just don't think he is an absolute sure thing as many do on this board. I see bust potential in him...

http://chan.konata.cz/b/thumb/133642309685s.jpg

Mr_Tomahawk 03-29-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 9537633)

:LOL:LMAO

Kind of how I envision Geno homers when they read this article...."daaaaar, not true not true, Geno has a big penis, blah blah blah numbers,blah penis, blah irrelevant .jpg blah blah, hammmmmm."

ForeverChiefs58 03-29-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmyChief (Post 9537589)
Interesting. I've never thought he was worth the #1 overall anyway. He's getting hyped up by the media. He has potential to be a good QB, gut he's not Day one starter material. That's the point of drafting a QB #1 overall.

Geno has never been hyped by any media. I believe as chiefs fans we have seen all these other teams draft a QB who fell a little in the draft because they were not a media darling, eg. Rodgers, Flacco, Kaepernick, Wilson etc. The chiefs have gambled and lost getting their QB. We have wanted to draft a QB in the first and didnt. In hindsight, some of the QB's fans wanted didnt turn out. Who gives a shit? So draft another one. Fans also aren't paid scouts. Find the QB and draft him early. Stats show that usually pays off in the end playing the name of the game the chiefs owner invented.

patteeu 03-29-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9537577)
Dane has been a douche as of late...

Started going off on me saying we have 6 holes to fill on this team.

You joined in Feb 2013 and now you're our historian?

Chiefshrink 03-29-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9536188)
Meh.

i thought it was a fair article. He didn't really say anything that others haven't said about Geno already.

Geno isn't a perfect QB. I've never said that. But I've always felt that the raw talent is there and that it's worth taking a risk on. If the Chiefs drafted him and sat him until Alex flamed out, it's a win/win.

This a 1000x !!!