ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Matt Barkley... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272550)

tredadda 08-17-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9893749)
For not drafting one yes I can. It's his job to better the team for long term and build a winner with.

His history says he will draft one in the first round, it has to be the right one. You are picking and choosing what you want to trust.

tredadda 08-17-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9893754)
It's risky of course it's all a risk and no damn guarantee in the NFL. I know it's always a risk with every player but to do the same damn thing and expect different results is definition of CRAZY or INSANITY.

You didn't answer my questions.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893761)
You didn't answer my questions.

Yes I would have been happy with Matt Barkley I'm not going say yes to Nassib because I don't have much of an opinion on him haven't really seen him play so I'm not going judge him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9893699)
They would have been better options than Alex Smith and we could have kept our 2nd or 3rd round pick next years draft to use and possibly look and take another quarterback if need be. We wouldn't have to be stuck just on this years draft class and we wouldn't be stuck with Alex ****ing Smith.

We could have had a quarterback competition with a pick this year and next years class.

We don't do that here.

tredadda 08-17-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9893795)
Yes I would have been happy with Matt Barkley I'm not going say yes to Nassib because I don't have much of an opinion on him haven't really seen him play so I'm not going judge him.

You want a front office that builds winners and yet you want them to waste a #1 pick on a QB who ultimately went in Round 4 just for the sake of drafting one in Round 1? That would have set this team back farther trying to get him to pan out than passing on a QB this year. Had we passed on Luck or RGIII then that would have been a different story.

tredadda 08-17-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9893823)
We don't do that here.

We also don't make good decisions with our second round picks, so it is good we don't have one next year then.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893860)
We also don't make good decisions with our second round picks, so it is good we don't have one next year then.

I'd be inclined to give Dorsey a shot at improving our 2cnd round output over trading the house for Axl Smith, wouldn't you?

tredadda 08-17-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9893866)
I'd be inclined to give Dorsey a shot at improving our 2cnd round output over trading the house for Axl Smith, wouldn't you?

I would also be inclined to think that Dorsey will draft a QB in round 1 when he feels the value is right, wouldn't you?

Rasputin 08-17-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893857)
You want a front office that builds winners and yet you want them to waste a #1 pick on a QB who ultimately went in Round 4 just for the sake of drafting one in Round 1? That would have set this team back farther trying to get him to pan out than passing on a QB this year. Had we passed on Luck or RGIII then that would have been a different story.

> Eric Fisher

Rasputin 08-17-2013 10:56 AM

Matt Barkley was a first rounder up until his shoulder. Doesn't seem to be an issue with him now. He would have been taken in the first round last years draft with all the stud QBs in it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893870)
I would also be inclined to think that Dorsey will draft a QB in round 1 when he feels the value is right, wouldn't you?

Yes I do. As I've said before, I was more excited about Dorsey than Reid, and the man-love acquisition of Axl did nothing to change that. I trust Dorsey more than Peterson, Herm, or Marty in the end, though one can not really call that group the drafting gurus of our age.

Though whoever signed off on Danielsssss has me truly ****ing perplexed...

tredadda 08-17-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9893878)
Matt Barkley was a first rounder up until his shoulder. Doesn't seem to be an issue with him now. He would have been taken in the first round last years draft with all the stud QBs in it.

And he effectively played his way out of first round consideration as the season went on. His shoulder is not the only reason why he plummeted to round 4.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893857)

I want the Chiefs to draft pick quarterbacks and develop them into winners so maybe we can win Championships down the road with.

tredadda 08-17-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9893880)
Yes I do. As I've said before, I was more excited about Dorsey than Reid, and the man-love acquisition of Axl did nothing to change that. I trust Dorsey more than Peterson, Herm, or Marty in the end, though one can not really call that group the drafting gurus of our age.

Though whoever signed off on Danielsssss has me truly ****ing perplexed...

Then why the freak outs when Dorsey passed on a QB in round 1 this year?

Setsuna 08-17-2013 10:59 AM

I have to say I may have been wrong about this guy. He looked good.