ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox Fall 2013: Sleepy Hollow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273051)

Raiderhater 09-18-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9990769)
Is Justified worth watching/catching up on?

My god, yes.

Bowser 09-18-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9990868)
I thought season one had a few bumps but season two and three were insanely good. I haven't watched season four because its not on Prime yet and I missed the broadcast on Fx.

But the DVR is set when it's in repeats.

Yeah, you're in for a treat when you get there.

Raiderhater 09-18-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9991453)
Yeah, you're in for a treat when you get there.

Good to know, because I'm a season behind as well.

Baby Lee 09-18-2013 07:08 PM

Though the late Elmore Leonard professed to be in awe of what FX turned his story into, it really owes it's greatness to his style and the archetypes he creates.

The draw of Justified is in the small and large moments. Shit goes down but there's always time for hilarious or dryly droll banter. Storylines are creative but remain utterly credible, as do the characters. It's always keeping you on your toes by mixing action and suspense and humor and absurdity and wit and terror and asskicking and more, small turn by small turn.

While I wouldn't say the first season is the weakest, it is decidedly different in form from what it has become. It started trying to tell more case of the week procedurals, so the strength of each episode depended on the strength of that week's plot. Since then it has mixed in a good deal more season-long arcs, in the vein of The Wire, so you're gripped from episode to episode with the big showdowns surely to come along, and how the sides are picked and pitted.

007 09-18-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9990768)
I don't have netflix or amazon myself.

(Well, actually I do have amazon prime, but I don't use it.)

As far as basic cable goes, I believe the last number I heard was that more than 90% of the country pays for it now, according to Nielsen.I think this is probably area an where pre-existing bias makes discussion somewhat...difficult for you. (Not a criticism, just a statement.)

I think that number is actually going down because there are a ton of cable cutters out there now due to the ever increasing costs of cable service.

ChiefsFanatic 09-18-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9990769)
Is Justified worth watching/catching up on?

I wasn't sure if you were joking or not. It just seems out of the realm of possibilities that someone that is on this site so much would even need to ask.

But as everyone has said, YES.

Frazod 09-19-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 9992445)
I wasn't sure if you were joking or not. It just seems out of the realm of possibilities that someone that is on this site so much would even need to ask.

But as everyone has said, YES.

When I sense there's a show I might like but missed out on, I deliberately avoid references to it, so I don't screw myself up with any spoilers.

Frosty 09-19-2013 12:52 PM

I finally got to watch this last night. It was interesting enough that I was willing to turn my brain off and just enjoy it. I like the supernatural aspect of it, though I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff

ChiefsFanatic 09-19-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9993496)
When I sense there's a show I might like but missed out on, I deliberately avoid references to it, so I don't screw myself up with any spoilers.

Makes sense. Justified has one of the best leads ever. Olyphant is perfect. And Coggins is absolutely brilliant.

ChiefsFanatic 09-19-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9993503)
I finally got to watch this last night. It was interesting enough that I was willing to turn my brain off and just enjoy it. I like the supernatural aspect of it, though I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff

Yeah, I like when shows are just off the wall sometimes. It lets me get out of my head for a little while.

Frosty 09-19-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 9993915)
Yeah, I like when shows are just off the wall sometimes. It lets me get out of my head for a little while.

The "agents of evil" that were shown in the preview for the season looked pretty cool.

Baby Lee 09-19-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 9993911)
Makes sense. Justified has one of the best leads ever. Olyphant is perfect. And Coggins is absolutely brilliant.

G

Baby Lee 09-19-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9993496)

A nice thing about Justified is that it isn't so much a show that you have to avoid spoilers for. Sure there are some things that it's nice to be surprised about, but the show's strength is in the performances more than plot twists.

Kind of like knowing that Michael joins the family business doesn't exactly 'spoil' The Godfather.

DaneMcCloud 09-19-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9994217)
A nice thing about Justified is that it isn't so much a show that you have to avoid spoilers for. Sure there are some things that it's nice to be surprised about, but the show's strength is in the performances more than plot twists.

Kind of like knowing that Michael joins the family business doesn't exactly 'spoil' The Godfather.

Spoiler!

Baby Lee 09-19-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9994363)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!