ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Barbecue sauce (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273624)

Pablo 06-07-2013 10:41 PM

Night of the Living BBQ Sauce is the best all around BBQ sauce I've had. Love that stuff.

Exoter175 06-08-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9737121)
Ever tried Famous Dave's Wilbur's Revenge. Don't know if it even qualifies as a BBQ sauce, it is some hot shit. Mashup of habernero, honey, molasses and pineapple extracts. But has a little of everything, Worchestershire, Onion powder, turmeric, paprika, lemon, liquid smoke.

Blistering hot, but still delivers sweet notes.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-32784555675698_2261_65188

I have, we use that as more of a glaze than a sauce for wings on our little football watch parties.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9737298)
Night of the Living BBQ Sauce is the best all around BBQ sauce I've had. Love that stuff.

I'm not gonna lie, if I had to pick one sauce to live the rest of my life on, it would be the Night of the Living sauce.

I don't think I've ever heard someone say "i don't like that", but I don't really quantify it as a "commercial" type of sauce like you have with your Famous Dave's, KC Masterpice, Gates, etc.

Baby Lee 06-08-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9737298)

Add me to the list of 'one sauce to rule them all' acolytes.

NofLS, along with; Gates Extra Hot, Bandana's Spicy and their Sweet and Smoky, would make a nice well rounded quartet.

That gets you the perfect complex spicy in NofLS, straightforward black pepper and tomato in Gates, a decent NC mustard/vinegar/cayenne style in the Spicy and a real stick your ribs thick sweet and smoky in . . . well.

A Salt Weapon 06-09-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9732667)
"This from the restaurant in KC. I got the recipe when Mr Gates was on Martha Stewart."

Today:
http://s1034.photobucket.com/albums/...IMG_0273-1.jpg

Thank you sir, that brought back some good memories. Last time I've had it was at an @DEN game when the wife and I were tailgating with a bunch of other Chiefs fans.

KCUnited 06-09-2013 03:24 PM

Stopped by LC's today and was reminded just how much I don't care for their sauce.

SAUTO 06-09-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinny Blues (Post 9735765)
I made three batches a couple years ago. I think SAUTO and Groves had some of it. I started each batch with 25 pounds of fresh heirloom varieties of tomatoes from my patch. It was the best sauce I ever had, but different than most all store bought varieties. They are mostly ketchup based with various tweakings.

25 pounds of tomatoes and all the other vegetables wound up yielding 7 pints. Takes at least 4 days. Lots of peeling and chopping. I didn't use any sugar, substituted honey. I use honey instead of sugar for everything, not because I'm a health nut, I just love honey and don't care for sugar.

Anyway, I don't garden anymore. I haven't made a batch since then. I might hit the farmer's market this year and see if I can get a deal on a truckload of tomatoes. If there are any locals in Springville that wants to see how I do it, let me know, I have everything but the vegetables.

I didn't really work with a recipe, all the recipes I could google all started with ketchup. The only recipe I could find that started with fresh tomatoes was a ketchup recipe, so that was the basis. The rest was like a 4 or 5 day lab.

Dinny

sent from my laptop using huntNpeck

I got several jars. great stuff.

Ate at your favorite sandwich place here yesterday and find out they are moving to Lawrence :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Dinny Bossa Nova 06-09-2013 04:37 PM

Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!

I don't really think I'm okay with this.

BooHiss!!!!!!

Dinny

silver5liter 06-09-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9739502)
Stopped by LC's today and was reminded just how much I don't care for their sauce.

Really? I like their sauce. they're bbq isn't very good though.

Ceej 06-09-2013 04:43 PM

I must know more about Night of the Living Sauce.

KCUnited 06-09-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9739609)
Really? I like their sauce. they're bbq isn't very good though.

Ha, I have the exact opposite sentiment. I like their Q, just don't like the lack of punch and consistency of their sauce. I got their long ends today and while I understand KC sauces their ribs and I'm not a big sauce guy, they were absolutely over sauced.

They only open on Sundays for Royals/Chiefs home games, so I could've got the crew who give less ****s than usual there.

silver5liter 06-09-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9739627)
Ha, I have the exact opposite sentiment. I like their Q, just don't like the lack of punch and consistency of their sauce. I got their long ends today and while I understand KC sauces their ribs and I'm not a big sauce guy, they were absolutely over sauced.

They only open on Sundays for Royals/Chiefs home games, so I could've got the crew who give less ****s than usual there.

Really depends. If I want something sweeter I like lc's. but typically gates sauce is my favorite when i have it.

Groves 06-09-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinny Blues (Post 9735765)
I made three batches a couple years ago. I think SAUTO and Groves had some of it.

Anyway, I don't garden anymore.

That sauce is long gone at our household. Good stuff.

No garden? Is your back that painful?

Tribal Warfare 06-10-2013 01:59 AM

Gates BBQ sauce is my fav

SAUTO 06-10-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groves (Post 9740609)
That sauce is long gone at our household. Good stuff.

No garden? Is your back that painful?

I'm shocked to hear this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lonewolf Ed 06-10-2013 07:25 AM

I have my own barbecue sauce recipe. I made some when I was in Denmark for some friends who own a cafe and serve pulled pork sandwiches, which seems to be all the rage in Denmark now. However, it's not barbecue. Danes don't quite have that down yet. The sandwich to a Dane must be loaded with all sorts of veggies. The pulled pork sandwich I had was laden with cole slaw, and while a good sandwich, it was not a barbecue sammich. My sauce didn't help much with the slaw on it. In a few years, they might figure it out: barbecue is about the meat, and slaw is good as a side. If they start using hickory to smoke the pork, that will be a huge step forward as well.