ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Kanye's "Yeezus" leaks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273827)

Reaper16 06-27-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9777034)
On the second listen of "Run the Jewels." It's no surprise to me that in a week of a ton of hyped hiphop releases (Mac Miller, J Cole, and Kanye) the best album gets released to very little fanfare.

That's not fair. This is a new week. The week of Run the Jewels and Dessa's Parts of Speech.

NewChief 06-27-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9776764)
Thanks. This album blows ill checkout the Wale album.

I liked the Wale album despite pretty bad reviews from a lot of critics. The production is kind of a throwback, but I like the sound of it.

To play off what Reaper16 said... it's interesting that last week was hyped as a week of huge hiphop releases, with three topping the charts... but I think the three albums released this week (Wale, Dessa, and Run the Jewels) are all cumulatively superior to the releases last week.

-King- 06-27-2013 11:17 AM

Born Sinner > WMWTSO > The Gifted > Yeezus

NewChief 06-27-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9779408)
Born Sinner > WMWTSO > The Gifted > Yeezus

Hah! I pretty much go in opposite order.

Priest31kc 06-27-2013 12:07 PM

Wrekonize "The War Within">>>>>>>>>Yeezus>The Gifted>Born Sinner

Out of recent releases...Wrek blows them out of the water IMO.

Dont understand the hype & praise J Cole gets...Born Sinner is very meh.

Yeezus is average. New Slaves, Hold My Liquor, Blood on the Leaves & Bound 2 are my favs.

Wale's album is decent I guess...

Haven't listened to Mac Miller's...

ToxSocks 06-27-2013 01:02 PM

Nah i dont like it. His inflated ego pours through the album too much. I like New Slaves and Blackskinhead. The rest of it.....

I can't **** to it. I can't work out to it. I can't drive to it. I can't smoke to it. I can't play games to it. WTF am i suppose do with it?

I know people wanna jock it because it's unique and all artsy, but that's not what i value in music. I like music that creates an emotion that amplifies whatever im doing at the moment. And this doesn't do anything for me, aside from the two tracks i mentioned.

And tbh, i only like Blackskinhead because he sampled Marilyn Manson's version of Personal Jesus, which has a great, driving drum and bass. And I enjoyed the way he delivered the lyrics in New Slave as well as the pacing of the song....till the end at least.

The rest of the album just feels like he wanted to express his artistic side without ever considering whether or not the song is any good. There is such a thing as "too artsy".

Setsuna 06-27-2013 05:39 PM

Country music rocks!

Brock 06-27-2013 06:19 PM

I don't even like kw, but this has its hooks in me.

Pablo 06-28-2013 09:59 PM

Born Sinner is boring as ****.

NewChief 06-28-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9782873)
Born Sinner is boring as ****.

It's funny how Yeezus has seemingly sort of change the paradigm of discussion of hip hop albums. We now expect an album to surprise us or do something interesting. I thought about this while listening to Wale's as well as J. Cole. They're okay albums, but they're just sort of bland. I think that a good thing for the genre, because fans are expecting more.

That being said, Run the Jewels did nothing surprising And still kicked ass.

Titty Meat 06-28-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9782887)
It's funny how Yeezus has seemingly sort of change the paradigm of discussion of hip hop albums. We now expect an album to surprise us or do something interesting. I thought about this while listening to Wale's as well as J. Cole. They're okay albums, but they're just sort of bland. I think that a good thing for the genre, because fans are expecting more.

That being said, Run the Jewels did nothing surprising And still kicked ass.

I disagree. I want a good hip hop album. Its seemed to move away to experimental garbage.

I can enjoy any Jay-z, common, etc. Because they don't get change it up.

Titty Meat 06-28-2013 10:26 PM

Its obvious J.Cole is just another mixtape rapper with a boring flow.

ThaVirus 06-29-2013 06:21 PM

"I know you're tired of loving with nobody to love!!!"

LMAO That part always gets me.

ThaVirus 06-29-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9782931)
Its obvious J.Cole is just another mixtape rapper with a boring flow.

I like J. Cole but I can agree his music is a bit on the boring side. He's like the new school Nas, in my eyes. Lyrically speaking he's tight as **** and he has great content and flow, but he just hasn't quite mastered the hit music-making ability that guys like Jay-Z and Lil Wayne have in spades.

Anyway, I know this is a Kanye thread, but while we're on the topic of Cole, here's a track I heard featuring him the other day. It's smooth as hell; you should give it a quick listen:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J31CHIDC9jY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-King- 06-29-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9784138)
I like J. Cole but I can agree his music is a bit on the boring side. He's like the new school Nas, in my eyes. Lyrically speaking he's tight as **** and he has great content and flow, but he just hasn't quite mastered the hit music-making ability that guys like Jay-Z and Lil Wayne have in spades.

Anyway, I know this is a Kanye thread, but while we're on the topic of Cole, here's a track I heard featuring him the other day. It's smooth as hell; you should give it a quick listen:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J31CHIDC9jY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It has turned into a general hip hop thread for the most part.