ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Grand Theft Auto V Trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274400)

AussieChiefsFan 09-11-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoShox (Post 9961998)
For sure. San Andreas is one of my favorite games ever, so many fun missions and areas. Starting out in the ghetto, then going to the countryside, then to a huge city, then to Vegas. The game is beautifully made and the missions are pretty diverse, especially later on in the game. Toreno is also one of my favorite characters in any game I've played.

I'm hoping GTA 5 goes back into the ghetto in LA a lot, I always preferred those gangs to what the other GTA games have to offer.

It's just an incredible game. I should probably take my own advice some time and play it again aswell. And yeah, I really hope GTA V is even close to San Andreas.

ThaVirus 09-11-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoShox (Post 9961998)
For sure. San Andreas is one of my favorite games ever, so many fun missions and areas. Starting out in the ghetto, then going to the countryside, then to a huge city, then to Vegas. The game is beautifully made and the missions are pretty diverse, especially later on in the game. Toreno is also one of my favorite characters in any game I've played.

I'm hoping GTA 5 goes back into the ghetto in LA a lot, I always preferred those gangs to what the other GTA games have to offer.

Grove Street 4 life!

bgguitarman 09-11-2013 09:37 AM

Map of Los Santos Leak

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthi...5s-los-santos/

DMAC 09-11-2013 09:46 AM

Geez. That is massive.

Dayze 09-11-2013 10:11 AM

I can't wait for this. my $50 gift card is going to come in handy

Titty Meat 09-11-2013 10:21 AM

Will flying the airplane be like those flight simulator games on Microsoft?

DMAC 09-11-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9962676)
Will flying the airplane be like those flight simulator games on Microsoft?

Exactly like that.

Dayze 09-11-2013 11:16 AM

the thing I love about GTA and RDR etc, is even if I'm not in the mood to jack around with missions, I can roam/do whatever I want. Great Great games.

wow - I've checked out a few videos on youtube from game reviewers etc. Holy shit - it looks even better than the trailer. Everything is explained etc. There is SO much shit to do.

Wallcrawler 09-11-2013 01:30 PM

Im digging the idea that when you switch characters, they are actually doing their own thing, not just sitting around like a puppet waiting to be picked up.

You can see in the video there that the player switched over to Trevor, and the guy was in the midst a full on police chase, and the player is dropped right into the middle of that craziness.

The gunplay looks really awesome especially for a GTA title. GTA's gunplay has always been a little on the annoying, inconsistent side. This looks like a nice mix between Max Payne and Red Dead Redemption.

6 days left.

Dayze 09-11-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 9963431)
Im digging the idea that when you switch characters, they are actually doing their own thing, not just sitting around like a puppet waiting to be picked up.

You can see in the video there that the player switched over to Trevor, and the guy was in the midst a full on police chase, and the player is dropped right into the middle of that craziness.

The gunplay looks really awesome especially for a GTA title. GTA's gunplay has always been a little on the annoying, inconsistent side. This looks like a nice mix between Max Payne and Red Dead Redemption.

6 days left.

Yes! Seemed like GTA IV (and others) consisted of nothing but driving people around. This game is going to kick so much ass. Next weekend I'll be pretty worthless. I'd better let the wife know now

Wallcrawler 09-11-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9963491)
Yes! Seemed like GTA IV (and others) consisted of nothing but driving people around. This game is going to kick so much ass. Next weekend I'll be pretty worthless. I'd better let the wife know now

The biggest knock I had against GTA 4 was that it felt like they tried to ground it way too much in reality.

In San Andreas, Im hauling ass in these cars and handbraking around corners, doing insane jumps and all that cool stuff. I flew around with a jetpack for a while for Pete's sake. I could get the FBI after me and still make a clean getaway after crashing a few cars and combining some fancy shooting with some hotfooting. Hilarious, fun action almost all the time.

GTA 4 comes along and the cars are just ridiculously hard to control at high speeds, and if I ever got into any shootouts with the cops, they didn't play out like the ones in any previous GTA games. They were all over pretty quick. I think there was even a pain in the ass achievement to get in GTA 4 that involved staying alive for FIVE MINUTES against 5 stars of wanted level.

It just wasn't a whole lot of fun to play in several different instances. I know what would actually happen if I got into it with cops in reality. I don't need to see it in my videogame.

Dayze 09-11-2013 02:10 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R75ilrOqQLM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MrpSUT5Wtjs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-King- 09-11-2013 02:21 PM

Just got a $50 gift card from my job. Looks like I'll be getting this on release day. Was going to hold off for a while, but **** it, only $10 out my pocket on release day? Why not.

Wallcrawler 09-11-2013 02:27 PM

This certainly looks like the pinnacle of gaming on the XBOX 360.

Dayze 09-11-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9963555)
Just got a $50 from my job. Looks like I'll be getting this on release day. Was going to hold off for a while, but **** it, only $10 out my pocket on release day? Why not.

who did you have to blow?

Zing!
:D