ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Tarell Brown fired his agent for a really good reason. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274813)

DaneMcCloud 07-27-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9838111)
Oh I get your point about the agent's job to wipe this guy's ass as well especially with this younger generation that doesn't know a thing about real work ethic, responsibility,commitment, discipline, accountability, etc......

You're a ****ing moron.

Hiring a agent WAS his responsibility. He didn't negotiate the contract himself, then skip out the workouts. He hired an expert to negotiate terms in good faith, for HIMSELF, and was to be made aware of said terms, daily, if necessary.

This has absolutely nothing to do with your bullshit, soapbox post.

vailpass 07-27-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9838111)
Oh I get your point about the agent's job to wipe this guy's ass as well especially with this younger generation that doesn't know a thing about real work ethic, responsibility,commitment, discipline, accountability, etc...... BUT LET's see first if the agent was really negligent. And IF he wasn't negligent then it's just another lesson in, no matter how much you talk,yell,or scream the obvious you can't change or control another adult human being's actions or lack thereof.

Yes. If the agent was diligent in informing the player of the situation and the player choose not to comply then fault lies with the player.

Chief Roundup 07-27-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9838080)
The agent doesn't get paid until the player gets paid, so yes, the agent should be following up with the client.

And yes, the agent shroud be reminding his client everyday. Don't you understand that's the agent responsibility?

I wouldn't think an agent is suppose to be a babysitter on a contract that player signed. That player should be aware of every aspect of that contract before he signs his name.

How many athletes does each agent represent?
I don't know how all the exacts of these contracts work. But I see a huge difference in a bonus for simply showing up and an performance bonus. The agent should be entitled to the money because the player just had to be there it wasn't for performance. But I don't think the agent should of had to tell the player where he was suppose to be get 2 million dollars. The player should have had that marked on his calendar.

LoneWolf 07-27-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9838088)
You clearly do not understand the world of "talent", nor are you willing to step outside your bubble to do so.

Define "talent".

DaneMcCloud 07-27-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9838123)
I wouldn't think an agent is suppose to be a babysitter on a contract that player signed. That player should be aware of every aspect of that contract before he signs his name.

If necessary, absolutely. Unless said agent doesn't care about $60k or his rep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup
How many athletes does each agent represent?
I don't know how all the exacts of these contracts work. But I see a huge difference in a bonus for simply showing up and an performance bonus. The agent should be entitled to the money because the player just had to be there it wasn't for performance. But I don't think the agent should of had to tell the player where he was suppose to be get 2 million dollars. The player should have had that marked on his calendar.

How many players an agent reps is irrelevant. All that matters is that the agent performs his job.

Do yo inderstand how easy it is to set up an email and/or text reminder? It takes less than one minute. That's not worth $60k?

Chiefshrink 07-27-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9838117)
You're a ****ing moron.

Hiring a agent WAS his responsibility. He didn't negotiate the contract himself, then skip out the workouts. He hired an expert to negotiate terms in good faith, for HIMSELF, and was to be made aware of said terms, daily, if necessary.

This has absolutely nothing to do with your bullshit, soapbox post.

You and Brown were separated at birth weren't you ? :shrug:

What don't you get about not being able to wipe Dane's ass if Dane won't let you, because Dane wants to continue being a child in an adult body ?

Your above reply surprises no one except those children in adult bodies who continue to choose to be children on this board and there are many.:rolleyes:

Chief Roundup 07-27-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9838133)

How many players an agent reps is irrelevant. All that matters is that the agent performs his job.

Do yo inderstand how easy it is to set up an email and/or text reminder? It takes less than one minute. That's not worth $60k?

Yeah it is damn easy to set up a reminder. But that is work that the office staff would preform not the work that the agent would preform.
Just the same I would imagine that shortly after the contract is signed and approved by the NFL the agents office personnel would also have some paperwork for the player that would outline the contract with specific important dates as well. That paperwork should have to be signed for responsibility purposes by the player and agent.

I would think the number of athletes that you represent would make a big difference in the amount of time an agent has to spend with each client. If an agent has 25 athletes to represent he might have a little more time to spend with each of his clients on an individual basis. Whereas if he has 50 or more the agent doesn't have that time for each of his clients.

LoneWolf 07-27-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9838133)

You're correct. It easy to set up a email and/or text reminder. Why wasn't this player smart enough to do that? Oh, I forgot, he has "talent" so he is allowed to be a moron.

Tombstone RJ 07-27-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9838062)
When the agent is set to receive $60k dollars for said workouts, he should be emailing, texting and checking with his client on a daily basis to ensure that said client is participating.

If the agent in question can prove that he did so, the player is at fault. If he can't, the agent is at fault.

You don't seem to understand the fact that the agent is employed by the player, not the other way around.

If the agent informed the player of the clause then he shouldn't have to babysit the player. This agent probably has many clients, do you really think all he does all day is call, text, email over and over all the details of every contract to every client? I think once the contract is negotiated, the client is fully aware of what is in the contract and it's then up to the client to, yah know, fulfill the obligations of the contract so as to get, yah know, paid.

chiefzilla1501 07-27-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9838456)
If the agent informed the player of the clause then he shouldn't have to babysit the player. This agent probably has many clients, do you really think all he does all day is call, text, email over and over all the details of every contract to every client? I think once the contract is negotiated, the client is fully aware of what is in the contract and it's then up to the client to, yah know, fulfill the obligations of the contract so as to get, yah know, paid.

If you believe Brown, he was talking regularly to his agent and his agent knew he was going to workout on his own.

As an agent, don't you think he should... y'know... understand the terms of the contract he negotiated? If he told Brown that was okay, don't you think he should check back to the contract to make sure he was right? And as an agent, do you really think the agent would be passive about telling Brown he needs to go to camp? The agent knew he was missing out on a hefty commission by Brown missing camp -- that in itself indicates to me that his agent was completely clueless and didn't realize that this camp was mandatory. An agent should know that... period.

Tombstone RJ 07-27-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9838481)
If you believe Brown, he was talking regularly to his agent and his agent knew he was going to workout on his own.

As an agent, don't you think he should... y'know... understand the terms of the contract he negotiated? If he told Brown that was okay, don't you think he should check back to the contract to make sure he was right? And as an agent, do you really think the agent would be passive about telling Brown he needs to go to camp? The agent knew he was missing out on a hefty commission by Brown missing camp -- that in itself indicates to me that his agent was completely clueless and didn't realize that this camp was mandatory. An agent should know that... period.

I think the agent did tell Brown and also gave Brown a copy of the contract. I also think it's very possible that both the agent and Brown completely forgot about the clause. Ultimately, it's on Brown, not the agent IMHO.

With as much marijuana as these players smoke, I very much think that it was forgotten by Brown. I also think the agent probably didn't think about it either as he probably has many other clients to attend to. If this agent did forget to hold Brown's hand and make sure he fulfilled all the clauses then the agent lost money too.

vailpass 07-27-2013 04:50 PM

Ari Gold never would have let this shit happen.

DaneMcCloud 07-27-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9838147)
You and Brown were separated at birth weren't you ? :shrug:

What don't you get about not being able to wipe Dane's ass if Dane won't let you, because Dane wants to continue being a child in an adult body ?

Your above reply surprises no one except those children in adult bodies who continue to choose to be children on this board and there are many.:rolleyes:

You are a moron

DaneMcCloud 07-27-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9838730)
Ari Gold never would have let this shit happen.

Exactly.

Sully 07-27-2013 06:06 PM

If I'm paying someone 3% of my salary, they'd better remind me of bonuses, my wife's birthday, and when my produce is expired!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2