ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:On first play at camp, Chiefs show their new look (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274833)

SAUTO 07-27-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9838169)
You seem to want to label the defeated, doomsayers as "skeptical"... and then want to label the remotely positive or open-minded people as "blind faith homers."

so let's be honest...

There are a vocal dozen that have already mailed in the season as failed.
(you really want to call them merely "skeptical?")

There are others who have many doubts, but are excited and hopeful.
(thinking all is not sunshine, yet they could very well be a 6-8 team and improve further the next season)

There are those with some doubts, but overall, expect a good season.
(thinking a 9 or 10 win season, and a good start to building a long-ish-term playoff contender)

There are exactly ZERO people that have complete blind faith and are expecting a SB ring this season.
(and if there are, then point them out)

link to anyone other then clay labeling the season as failed?
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC 07-27-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9838189)
I don't think those here are upset with not taking a qb at 1, there wasn't one worth it. It's that based in what we've heard they're potentially going to tie themselves to another qb who they ( the pessimistic here) view as someone who another team thought wasn't good enough.

Give it a few years why they look for a guy of their own/develop. Alex Smith is going to help us get to the playoffs NOW why we are building this thing.

If Alex Smith doesn't play well he will be replaced. We all know Reid isn't like Pioli. He'll try again if he fails with Alex.

Messier 07-27-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9838189)
I don't think those here are upset with not taking a qb at 1, there wasn't one worth it. It's that based in what we've heard they're potentially going to tie themselves to another qb who they ( the pessimistic here) view as someone who another team thought wasn't good enough.

We'll see if they tie themselves to Smith. They haven't yet.

Marcellus 07-27-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9838192)
One, my wife has several clients in the KC area that has offered her tickets. I'm not paying for shit.

Second, even if I needed to pay for tickets, I would do so to see some guys I haven't seen in a long time, as well as meet some folks I've been wanting to meet. Football is secondary.

Third, do you know the exact date you became such a whining ****?

Look you said you weren't spending a dime on this franchise not me. Me asking why you are changing your mind does not make me a whiner.

Your approach to this team for a long time has been border line hatred, dont call me out as a complainer.

Ive been here almost 10 years now through a lot of shit with the Chiefs and it has NEVER in the last 10 years been this foul here.

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9838213)
We'll see if they tie themselves to Smith. They haven't yet.

Really?

I'd say spending two early R2 picks on the guy is a rather large commitment.

Sandy Vagina 07-27-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838209)
Posted via Mobile Device

Other than the people who have posts that I respected, I don't really pay much attention to usernames. Might not be a dozen, to be honest, but there are a handful. Not much point in denying that much.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9838207)
I thought you had season tickets?

not me... Life is too hectic lol
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838214)
Look you said you weren't spending a dime on this franchise not me. Me asking why you are changing your mind does not make me a whiner.

Your approach to this team for a long time has been border line hatred, dont call me out as a complainer.

Ive been here almost 10 years now though a lot of shit with the Chiefs and it has NEVER in the last 10 years been this foul here.

We've got ourselves another dimestore psychologist, Sauto.

keg in kc 07-27-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9838178)
That's how I feel when people say we should have drafted a 2nd round QB first overall.

We know what the trend for this franchise at QB is, and it doesn't have anything to do with the draft, either in 1983 or 2013, or any other year. So it's a bit out there to call something a trend when it hasn't happened in more than 20 years, and it's even more nuts to say that doing it for the first time in more than two decades would establish it as one.

(And that's a philosophical comment, it doesn't have anything to do with Geno Smith in particular.)

Eventually people have to stop being afraid.

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838217)
not me... Life is too hectic lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, let me know if you end up with seats.

Marcellus 07-27-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838209)
Posted via Mobile Device

You cant be serious.

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9838221)
We know what the trend for this franchise at QB is, and it doesn't have anything to do with the draft, either in 1983 or 2013, or any other year. So it's a bit out there to call something a trend when it hasn't happened in more than 20 years, and it's even more nuts to say that doing it for the first time in more than two decades would establish it as one.

(And that's a philosophical comment, it doesn't have anything to do with Geno Smith in particular.)

Eventually people have to stop being afraid.

Messier 07-27-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9838215)
Really?

I'd say spending two early R2 picks on the guy is a rather large commitment.

That's high compensation. What have they committed to Smith?

O.city 07-27-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9838210)
Give it a few years why they look for a guy of their own/develop. Alex Smith is going to help us get to the playoffs NOW why we are building this thing.

If Alex Smith doesn't play well he will be replaced. We all know Reid isn't like Pioli. He'll try again if he fails with Alex.

Smith will get 2 years for sure. If he has a decent year this year, I'd imagine well see a contract extension.

That's great if he gets us to the playoffs, that's why you make the move and that's what these moves say " we're winning now". That's great, but with that, I'm also expecting to win now.

It can't go both ways.

"Don't be negative, they're trying to win now" " you're setting them up to fail thinking they'll win 10 and make the playoffs"

It's either or.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 01:05 PM

My dad has them. He's petty sick right now so I would expect I'll go to most games this year. Not looking like he will make it to any
Posted via Mobile Device