ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Even after his last two seasons, would you still trade Alex Smith for Phillip Rivers? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274905)

Chief Roundup 07-29-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9844037)
Then I guess you're the greatest QB of all time

ROFL

BossChief 07-29-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9844029)
My comments have absolutely nothing to do with the color of his helmet.

If Rivers is so great, why does he have 47 turnovers in the past two years?

What's his playoff record, BTW?

Maybe it's a medical issue...? Maybe its a surrounding talent issue.

Who cares? When the guy had talent around him, he was a major reason his team won big games.

He has 3 playoff wins.

3 times as many as a certain someone.

Gadzooks 07-29-2013 08:53 PM

Silly Question...

Rivers should turn it around this season. The WR corps looks good and the OL looks like shit. Mike McCoy and Ken Whisenhunt are going to deploy an offense with shorter routes, unlike Norf's vertical throwing game. This should help Rivers' completion % and avoid INTs.

Rivers will have a better year than Smith this season.

ViperVisor 07-29-2013 09:02 PM

In the Playoffs
Rivers has 8 TDs and 9 INTs in 7 games
Smith has 5 TDs and 0 INTs in 2 games

GordonGekko 07-29-2013 09:10 PM

To me this is a no brainer.

Philip Rivers can have 30+ td seasons with low interception totals, he's done this before.

While he doesn't have the devastating running game he had earlier in his career (Tomlinson), 26 td's and 15 picks is not a bad year, in fact is it about on par with Elway's better years.

As pointed out Rivers can throw for 5,000 yards in a seas if the right conditions. He can make all the throws.

Alex Smith sucks ass. He is a game manager with some mobility.

Rivers plays for the Chargers, which is kind of a cursed franchise so not sure if this is a factor. Also, every year the Chargers have had Rivers they've been competitive at the least, cannot say the same for Smith and 9ers.

Buck 07-29-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9844006)
Haha

What are you talking about?

Phillip Rivers has been benched like 4 times for trash players, lost whole seasons to injury and has only been in 2 playoff games in his career.

If he were to get that Arrowhead on his helmet, though, I'd say we have a "10 win floor"

Rivers has only been pulled a few times in garbage time and yes never missed a season due to injury.

Your post is completely wrong.

And you guys are saying you wouldn't trade a guy who has only had 2 good seasons for a guy who has only had 2 bad seasons, where he had no blocking at all?

DeezNutz 07-29-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9844066)
Rivers has only been pulled a few times in garbage time and yes never missed a season due to injury.

And you guys are saying you wouldn't trade a guy who has only had 2 good seasons for a guy who has only had 2 bad seasons, where he had no blocking at all?

:facepalm:

GordonGekko 07-29-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperVisor (Post 9844057)
In the Playoffs
Rivers has 8 TDs and 9 INTs in 7 games
Smith has 5 TDs and 0 INTs in 2 games

Both combine for 0 Superbowl victories. A push here.

Regular season...

Rivers = 189 td's and 93 picks

Smiff = 81 td's and 63 picks

Rivers also didn't play much his first two seas in the league. So while Rivers has been in the league a little longer, both have had 7 seasons to compile these stats. Clearly Rivers has proven superiority in the past and is still superior with much higher end in potential.

BossChief 07-29-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Hahaha

Read it again.

You'll get it.

GordonGekko 07-29-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9844044)
...He has 3 playoff wins.

3 times as many as a certain someone...

Damn I heard that slap in the face from across the internet. Knowledge is power.

GordonGekko 07-29-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

I sure as shit am not saying this. I'd take Rivers in a planck second.

Buck 07-29-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9844081)
Hahaha

Read it again.

You'll get it.

I'm stupid.

splatbass 07-29-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9843412)

Another two years wasted, but I can wait.

What a stupid comment. It is way too early for anyone to say that there will be two wasted years with Smith.

Titty Meat 07-29-2013 09:37 PM

No Rivers is washed up

Canofbier 07-29-2013 09:39 PM

The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" kind of league, so I think I'd take Smith over Rivers at this point. Not that I am really expecting Alex to elevate our team to anything beyond what it "could be", I know that Rivers has downright lost games for his team over the last couple of years. In my opinion, it will be interesting to see who will be able to bring his team to success this year: the play-maker or the play-planner?