ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football You guys really have weepy vaginas!!!!!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276193)

O.city 09-12-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9968906)
Not being a douche at the most important position is pretty important.
Posted via Mobile Device

It really hurts kaepernick. Or Rodgers. Or Big Ben.

Being stupid? Yeah problem.

A douche? Not so much

Nightfyre 09-12-2013 10:45 PM

On the whole, he looked like a rookie with potential to me. He made some great passes and when he was off the mark, the Pats punished him for it. He didn't hesitate to drop the ball in tight windows. The sacks he took largely could have been avoided, but he will develop that over time. Additionally he was slow through his progressions, which again will come with time. I think the jets are looking brilliant with this year's draft. I mean, Millner was toasted a few times - but outside of that.

Nightfyre 09-12-2013 10:46 PM

Also, Bray is a goddamned moron. If he grows up, he has high upside. But frankly, I doubt he will.

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9968903)
Are you telling me NOBODY was interested in the first overall pick at today's bargain prices? That's bullshit.

Why would have any team been interested in the #1 overall when there wasn't a clear #1 player and teams, for the most part, could just sit tight and the players they wanted?

Miami was dumb to trade into the #3 spot and the Raiders still got their guy. The Jets got a DB and a DT. The Eagles got a tackle, as did the Jags.

Which team was going to trade into the #1 spot and for whom?

ChiefsCountry 09-12-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9968851)
Yeah, and Cleveland has spent three first round picks on QB's since 1999 and what, exactly, has that done for them?

There is no "One Way" to win in the NFL.

Outside of Couch, they haven't drafted one in the top ten either. Makes a difference.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9968914)
Also, Bray is a goddamned moron. If he grows up, he has high upside. But frankly, I doubt he will.

So, 21 year olds never mature?

Oh, you're right. Case in point.

Titty Meat 09-12-2013 10:47 PM

Nobody wanted Alex Smith either guys Andy Reid and John Dorsey traded two 2s for fun.

Brock 09-12-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9968905)
So, you're not interested in debating this subject?

Okay.

:rolleyes:

It's a pretty simple calculus, you want to use Cleveland's lousy picks at qb to discount the fact that super bowls are won by qbs with the team that drafted them. KC has tried trading for qbs over and over again and it never works out. It isn't debatable.

RealSNR 09-12-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9968863)
Again, so were back to elite or bust, cause they're the only guys who can win consistently when things don't go their way.

So what's wrong with the bray route? He's got the elitest potential

We have no clue what an Alex Smith team would look like if his defense was just middle of the road. He morphed into this ideal game manager QB butterfly when Harbaugh took over, and that's what we've been told we need to compare him to, and not the Alex Smith that he was before that.

It would have been far more of an interesting experiment to see him get traded to a team like Buffalo or Cleveland. Those defenses aren't terrible, but they're nothing close to what Smith had in San Fran.

Or hell, let's go all the way and put him in Jacksonville. Talk about sink or swim.

I'd like to think he could keep a team going. That if Andy Reid and John Dorsey really do build a consistent winner with Alex Smith at the helm, they can keep winning even when decimated by injuries or if they have to let guys go because of salary cap issues. But we just don't know. From what I've seen in his San Fran career, I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

The wild card is if he improves and becomes a better QB. He absolutely could. Then it's a matter of how much better.

BigMeatballDave 09-12-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9968887)
Because picking a right tackle at 1.1 is a genius move...

Yeah, spin it.

You ****ers know damn well Albert's future with the team was still in question.

The only thing I liked about the pick was that it wasn't Joeckel.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-12-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God of Thunder (Post 9968738)
And remember, while I am out with my 'robot' entertaining people, visiting sick children in hospitals, you all are here with your hand down your pants beating off to pictures of Geno.

ROFL Well clearly that post didn't get you butthurt or anything.

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9968917)
Outside of Couch, they haven't drafted one in the top ten either. Makes a difference.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes and no. Rodgers was a late rounder.

The fact remains that some years are good for first round QB's and some are bad.

This year wasn't good.

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9968921)
It's a pretty simple calculus, you want to use Cleveland's lousy picks at qb to discount the fact that super bowls are won by qbs with the team that drafted them. KC has tried trading for qbs over and over again and it never works out. It isn't debatable.

Trading for Alex Smith is mutually exclusive to trading for Matt Cassel.

Nightfyre 09-12-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9968919)
So, 21 year olds never mature?

Oh, you're right. Case in point.

You are such a tool Dane. At no point did I say he would never mature in absolute terms. I simply said I doubted he would.

eDave 09-12-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9968852)
Yeah, you really told me, didn't you.

Na. Just trying to fit in ****ing place.