ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   A ton of Kiper tidbits, some involving the Chiefs. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281374)

Just Passin' By 02-17-2014 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10428962)
It wasn't hard for him to be our best TE in camp. The rest of them are slightly better than warm bodies.

But you're absolutely right. Alex Smith NEEDS a great TE. It's the absolute most important piece to the puzzle and could move this offense up dramatically...

Giving the quick look at the draft depth and the Chiefs needs, it would seem that

WR
TE
S

would be a pretty good order to start. I'm not sure that Alex Smith uses his TE enough to put that position at the top of the queue, unless the talent difference is pretty stark. If they are ok with the draft depth at WR and TE, a guy like Pryor would start looking pretty damned good in round one, I'd imagine.

OldSchool 02-17-2014 11:12 AM

Anyone know what's up with Demetrius Harris? How has he progressed on the PS?

htismaqe 02-17-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10437210)
Giving the quick look at the draft depth and the Chiefs needs, it would seem that

WR
TE
S

would be a pretty good order to start. I'm not sure that Alex Smith uses his TE enough to put that position at the top of the queue, unless the talent difference is pretty stark. If they are ok with the draft depth at WR and TE, a guy like Pryor would start looking pretty damned good in round one, I'd imagine.

When he had Vernon Davis, Davis was almost always the #1 target.

Just Passin' By 02-17-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10437519)
When he had Vernon Davis, Davis was almost always the #1 target.

I probably should have phrased my post better, so my apologies. I think the WR position needs a lot of help because I didn't like a lot of what I saw from Bowe last season. Right now, I'd put it a guy like Amaro (who would be my guess if the Chiefs picked TE in round 1, since I'm guessing the Jets go with Ebron, which seems to be consensus among the mock wonks right now) behind a pure WR in terms of need, even if Smith is going to target the TE a lot, because I think WR is that light for the Chiefs.

Put Maclin into the equation and I'd move TE up to the #1 spot, and drop WR down somewhere behind TE, S, and CB.

BossChief 02-17-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10425562)
Kelce isn't a dynamic TE when he's healthy.

I completely disagree.

milkman 02-17-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10437738)
I probably should have phrased my post better, so my apologies. I think the WR position needs a lot of help because I didn't like a lot of what I saw from Bowe last season. Right now, I'd put it a guy like Amaro (who would be my guess if the Chiefs picked TE in round 1, since I'm guessing the Jets go with Ebron, which seems to be consensus among the mock wonks right now) behind a pure WR in terms of need, even if Smith is going to target the TE a lot, because I think WR is that light for the Chiefs.

Put Maclin into the equation and I'd move TE up to the #1 spot, and drop WR down somewhere behind TE, S, and CB.

Let me rephrase your first post for you.

"I don't have a ****ing clue, but I'll weigh in with my ignorant ass opinion anyway."

Just Passin' By 02-17-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10438079)
Let me rephrase your first post for you.

"I don't have a ****ing clue, but I'll weigh in with my ignorant ass opinion anyway."

No, that's not correct. The issue with the WR/TE split regarding Kaepernick and Smith was widely talked about in the NFL, so it's not something I was missing. My point was that the WR position of the Chiefs is a hot mess, and has a higher level of need, regardless of how much Smith goes to the TE. The WR position needs a slot guy and an outside guy, and it looked as if Bowe took a step back for most of last year, meaning it would be even more important to get the WR.

But thanks for the input.

Chiefshrink 02-17-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10422946)
One of the biggest reasons why I endorse DE or OLB for our 1st rounder.

You need a pass rush in the 4th quarter especially when you have Manning and Rivers in your division. Bill Walsh said so if you want to win championships and I agree:thumb:

Our pass rush went to crap by mid-season whereas our offense kept getting better and better putting up more pts as the season went on with a mediocre WR corp at best to the point of scoring 38 in a playoff game that well we won't go there......

I agree let's get a serious pass rusher;)

OldSchool 02-17-2014 10:53 PM

I pray that Sutton decides to rotate our DL and not let any of them play more than 70% of the snaps next season. Be like the Seahawks and have a stable of solid but not spectacular pass rushers instead of spending high on a couple of stars who will get gassed from playing on virtually every defensive snap.

Easy 6 02-18-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10438638)
I pray that Sutton decides to rotate our DL and not let any of them play more than 70% of the snaps next season. Be like the Seahawks and have a stable of solid but not spectacular pass rushers instead of spending high on a couple of stars who will get gassed from playing on virtually every defensive snap.

You're not all bad, Bob.

htismaqe 02-19-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10437953)
I completely disagree.

You're entitled to be wrong.