ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Arkansas Prank Went Wrong (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281544)

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolltide2014 (Post 10439842)
THIS. I just had the entire local community college basketball team try to break into my apartment about a week ago, at least 6, but I think more like 10 6 foot+ tall black guys huddled around my door at 1 am. I grab my .357 and call 911 and it takes the cops 23 minutes to get there. We are 0.6 miles from TPD HQ, not to mention we have 2 TPD deputies living on-site as the property's security, who I never heard anything back from. Nothing done about it. They live right above me, and we've had numerous problems with them. I have 50+ documented instances I've reported them for and not a damn thing is being done by anyone. Of course the apartment complex management is going to always side with the side they are drawing 15 rent checks from a month, as opposed to my 1.

this story, it need more explanation please. Why, why were these basketball hooligans trying to break into your apartment? do tell....

GordonGekko 02-18-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10439854)
this story, it need more explanation please. Why, why were these basketball hooligans trying to break into your apartment? do tell....

Lol, everyone in this thread who is biased against calling the cops is going to have a 'story' where they called the cops and nothing happened or were 3 hours late or some shit, even though it's just a story of theirs and could be completely fictitious and in no way can be verified to what they are saying is accurate. We just have to take their word.

I've called the police once in my life and they were there in a few minutes if I remember correctly, so who knows.

RNR 02-18-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10439820)
Some of you guys are some crazy mother****ers. I can't imagine ever even considering firing a gun at someone in any circumstance other than a virtual certainty that my own life would be done if I didn't shoot. The idea of shooting at someone because of vandalism is unfathomable to me.

Sounds simple enough. If someone is on my property without invitation and causes me concern not going out to confront them is unfathomable to me. Calling the cops and hoping they just damage or steal what they want and move is something I will never do. I will confront them and it is entirely up to them if they end up getting shot~

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10439860)
Lol, everyone in this thread who is biased against calling the cops is going to have a 'story' where they called the cops and nothing happened or were 3 hours late or some shit, even though it's just a story of theirs and could be completely fictitious and in no way can be verified to what they are saying is accurate. We just have to take their word.

I've called the police once in my life and they were there in a few minutes if I remember correctly, so who knows.

lol, he neglected to mention he's the team's drug dealer?

Earthling 02-18-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

My philosophy is to call the cops first. If the problem persists then an alternative plan is required.

Bugeater 02-18-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

You can go **** yourself if you think I made that story up.

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 10439870)
My philosophy is to call the cops first. If the problem persists then an alternative plan is required.

this!

Jimmya 02-18-2014 06:11 PM

Up in Amarillo an owner waited for a teenager that had been slashing tires of his vehicles. The owner ended up killing the kid and never served a day in jail. It all depends what area in our country you are in. In some states the criminals have more rights than us. It's crazy to me that anyone defends people that mess with personal property.

Bugeater 02-18-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Ok Einstein, I'd love to hear an "alternative plan" that is not going to risk you getting in trouble with the law yourself. Go outside and politely ask them to wait for the police to show up?

You people crack me the hell up. LMAO

GordonGekko 02-18-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Nothing disagreeable here.

/thread

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 10439877)
Up in Amarillo an owner waited for a teenager that had been slashing tires of his vehicles. The owner ended up killing the kid and never served a day in jail. It all depends what area in our country you are in. In some states the criminals have more rights than us. It's crazy to me that anyone defends people that mess with personal property.

interesting story but I'm sure there's a lot more to this than just bang-bang. I don't care what you say, no law enforcement or civil government will allow unchecked vigilantism.

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10439880)
Ok Einstein, I'd love to hear an "alternative plan" that is not going to risk you getting in trouble with the law yourself. Go outside and politely ask them to wait for the police to show up?

You people crack me the hell up. LMAO

Here's what I would do: call the cops first, tell them I'm afraid for my life. They will want me to stay on the phone with them and I may or may not do that, depends on how "threatened" I feel. Now, since I'm a responsible gun owner, while I'm waiting for Johnny Law, I go get my pistol, then I go get my ammo, and I load up a magazine. Then I put the loaded mag into the gun and slide the receiver back, loading a cartridge into the chamber. I might also turn the safety off. All this will take me a few minutes because, I'm not rushing it, I'm just prepping for the worst. At the same time I may yell out my window "I'VE CALLED THE COPS AND THEY ARE ON THE WAY!" That right there may scare the perps away. If that does scare them away, when the cops arrive, I file a police report and then collect insurance, thank you very much.

If that doesn't scare the perps off, I secure my house and wait for the cops. Now if the perps try to break in, then I have a right to shoot. But I'm not going to endanger my future with some frivolous lawsuit because I'm Captain Blaster gun guy. As another poster said, the perps probably have more rights than me, the victim. Will I shoot one of these perps if they are dumb enough to try and come into my house, yep. Will I go outside and initiate a shooting, nope.

Bugeater 02-18-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10439897)
Here's what I would do: call the cops first, tell them I'm afraid for my life. They will want me to stay on the phone with them and I may or may not do that, depends on how "threatened" I feel. Now, since I'm a responsible gun owner, while I'm waiting for Johnny Law, I go get my pistol, then I go get my ammo, and I load up a magazine. Then I put the loaded mag into the gun and slide the receiver back, loading a cartridge into the chamber. I might also turn the safety off. All this will take me a few minutes because, I'm not rushing it, I'm just prepping for the worst. At the same time I may yell out my window "I'VE CALLED THE COPS AND THEY ARE ON THE WAY!" That right there may scare the perps away. If that does scare them away, when the cops arrive, I file a police report and then collect insurance, thank you very much.

If that doesn't scare the perps off. I secure my house and wait for the cops. Now if the perps try to break in, then I have a right to shoot. But I'm not going to endanger my future with some frivolous lawsuit because I'm Captain Blaster gun guy. As another poster said, the perps probably have more rights than me, the victim. Will I shoot one of these perps if they are dumb enough to try and come into my house, yep. Will I go outside and initiate a shooting, nope.

Oh. Come. On. LMAO

THEY'RE EGGING MY CAR AND THROWING MAYONNAISE ON IT AND I'M AFRAID FOR MY LIFE!!!!

And we covered the insurance aspect earlier, many people don't have their cars fully covered and even if they do there's this thing called a "deductible" which means money out of their pocket.

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10439903)
Oh. Come. On. LMAO

THEY'RE EGGING MY CAR AND THROWING MAYONNAISE ON IT AND I'M AFRAID FOR MY LIFE!!!!

And we covered the insurance aspect earlier, many people don't have their cars fully covered and even if they do there's this thing called a "deductible" which means money out of their pocket.

I'm going off the assumption that the guy who shot the kids had no idea what the kids were doing, that is, all he heard were loud/disturbing noises? However, if the guy shot the kids because of the egging and mayo then yes, this guy deserves to get judged by the law because it's obvious, he over-reacted!

rolltide2014 02-18-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10439854)

I almost posted the whole thing from the beginning, but figuring I'd get 50 tl;dr's, I figured it wasn't worth the time. Here you go:

So my fiance and I live in a 1-br apartment about 5 miles from the UA campus, and about 2 from the local community college. It's a brand new apartment complex that just opened this school year, and we were one of the very first applicants and requested a top floor 1-br so we wouldn't have to deal with anyone above us. Well how they constructed the buildings is the bottom 2 floors consist of 1, 2, and 3-br flats, and 4 and 5-br townhouses account for the top 2 floors, so we were SOL and stuck with a second floor 1-br below one of the townhouses. It just so happens that the 4 townhouses in our building are all taken up by the basketball team from the community college. We've had numerous problems from day 1 (mid-August 2013) and I have documented records of 50+ incidents we've had with them in basically 6 months. Ranging from loud music all hours of the night, people coming and going and slamming doors and yelling all hours of the night, at points they were stomping around or wrestling or something that drywall chunks broke out of the ceiling around our light fixtures in 3 different rooms on different occasions. Once they found out it was us reporting them, they've gone out of their way to antagonize us and found out how to get away with it. They'll stomp around and yell for a minute or 2 and then run down the stairs, sometimes stopping to pound on our door for a second before jumping in their cars and high-tailing it before the police or security even have a chance to respond.

The other night was totally different though. As previously referenced, they're normally obnoxious about it, but this was them obviously trying to be quiet and unnoticed and is a whole different ballpark as far as I'm concerned.