ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music KISSTORY (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282813)

Omaha 04-10-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 10553822)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/PipnUtLdak8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Holy shit, that's awful.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 04-10-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 10553830)
Holy shit, that's awful.

ROFL

Omaha 04-10-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 10553828)
Even though his elevator didn't go all the way to the top, Ace was my favorite. Apparently he would get loaded, dress up like a Nazi soldier and knock on Gene's door while staying at a hotel. As a Jew, Gene didn't really appreciate that. For someone who dressed up as a Demon, Gene could be rather touchy.

Yeah, they talked about that in the book, too. Ace was always my favorite because I loved his Les Paul. I always thought Peter Criss had the best voice. (See the Black Diamond video earlier in the thread) It's really too bad Ace is such a sack of shit now.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 04-10-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 10553841)
Yeah, they talked about that in the book, too. Ace was always my favorite because I loved his Les Paul. I always thought Peter Criss had the best voice. (See the Black Diamond video earlier in the thread) It's really too bad Ace is such a sack of shit now.

Did you read No Regrets, Ace's autobiography?

htismaqe 04-10-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10553769)
Have you heard any of Porcupine Tree or Joe Bonamassa,I know not completely new but a lot of good music in the last 20 years or so.

I'm listening to Black Country Communion right now.

Easy 6 04-10-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 10553828)
Even though his elevator didn't go all the way to the top, Ace was my favorite. Apparently he would get loaded, dress up like a Nazi soldier and knock on Gene's door while staying at a hotel. As a Jew, Gene didn't really appreciate that. For someone who dressed up as a Demon, Gene could be rather touchy.

Gene never did have any sense of humor, always so self serious, watch this old interview from the Tom Snyder show... Ace is the life of the party, having a good time with it, cracking Snyder up over and over.

Every time the camera pans to Gene you can see him seething about it, he never got that sometimes rock stars are SUPPOSED to be crazy and irreverent, that it adds to the mystique to be that way... dudes the stiffest rock star of all time.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0jzve-Tmd70" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jiu Jitsu Jon 04-10-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10553969)
Gene never did have any sense of humor, always so self serious, watch this old interview from the Tom Snyder show... Ace is the life of the party, having a good time with it, cracking Snyder up over and over.

Every time the camera pans to Gene you can see him seething about it, he never got that sometimes rock stars are SUPPOSED to be crazy and irreverent, that it adds to the mystique to be that way... dudes the stiffest rock star of all time.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0jzve-Tmd70" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Few things are more insufferable than a self-righteous teetotaler...

htismaqe 04-10-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 10554099)
Few things are more insufferable than a self-righteous teetotaler...

It was a business for Gene.

Rasputin 04-10-2014 04:57 PM

NSFW

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/80PLMdnZcdo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

These are some of the best lyrics ever written. "Take it Off"

Omaha 04-11-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10553703)
always liked this one. like I said...I love the whole album.
also...there's a Frehleys Comet song out there about him almost dieing in a car crash I thought was pretty cool. can't remember the name of it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DO_6zoo4RZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edit : the car crash song is called Rock Soldiers.....it's terrible. hahaha.

Haha! I always thought the music to that song was cool, but the lyrics and the vocal melody are hilariously bad.

rockymtnchief 04-11-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10553310)
At home I typically don't (wish iPod had a remote) but I do in the car. If a song comes up that I don't care for, I give it three stars and then remove all three star songs later when I update the iPod. Awesome songs are given four stars so that I can have a playlist of those songs across artists and genres.

I have a bluetooth speaker that works great. The music plays out of the speaker. If I don't like the song, I reach in my pocket and change the song on the iPod (like a remote).

cosmo20002 04-13-2014 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10547754)
Why does that have to be understated?

The Who might have had a huge artistic and musical contribution but they didn't INFLUENCE hardly anybody.

Just had to post this when I read it:

Paul Stanley: It was never about the makeup. It was always about the kind of band we wanted to be. I was fortunate enough as a teen to have seen Humble Pie, Led Zeppelin — and I'm not talking about in arenas and stadiums, I'm talking about small places.
So Humble Pie, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Who — the list goes on and on. Those were the bands that inspired me.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kis...JKL6TgvT98b.99

Miles 04-13-2014 02:19 AM

For those of you that are into KISS there was a grantland piece you might enjoy.

http://grantland.com/features/chuck-...-hall-of-fame/

Easy 6 04-13-2014 12:18 PM

Miles, that's the single best read on KISS I've ever seen, and that covers an awful lot of ground... he manages to be a reverant fan while at the same time poking plenty of holes in their bullshit, that was an awesome read.

He cracks me up in several places, not the least of which is when he describes who they look like in one of their pics from the 80's ROFL... this guy is definitely a true KISS fan.

I disagree with a few opinions, like say, Dynasty... LOVE that album, but this ruled.

htismaqe 04-14-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10558925)
Just had to post this when I read it:

Paul Stanley: It was never about the makeup. It was always about the kind of band we wanted to be. I was fortunate enough as a teen to have seen Humble Pie, Led Zeppelin — and I'm not talking about in arenas and stadiums, I'm talking about small places.
So Humble Pie, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Who — the list goes on and on. Those were the bands that inspired me.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kis...JKL6TgvT98b.99

That's a great find.