ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who Would You Cut? Bray or Daniel? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283623)

patteeu 05-21-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10643675)
Daniel has so far proven nothing in the league. We know he's not Tyler Palko and that's about it.

For all we know, he could be a terrible backup should he have to start a few games.

It's not like he's Kyle Orton or anything like that.

Did you read who the alternative is?

gonefishin53 05-21-2014 04:33 PM

I think Reid really enjoys developing QB talent. Bray has the arm talent that a good coach can develop if the player is willing to work at it. Pre-season should show if Bray has and will work for Reid.

kcjoker 05-21-2014 10:22 PM

Cut Bray...Daniel played really well in that San Diego game and he did his part to win it....Succup missed a 41 yard FG that would've won the game. Daniel had 21 completions with 30 attempts for 200 yards 6.7 average with 1 TD and no INT.

RealSNR 05-21-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10643676)
Did you read who the alternative is?

Two unproven QBs who cost nothing.

Versus an unproven who has only started one game in his career. Oh, and he's going to come with a $4 million price tag next year.

Unproven or unprovens?

I'll take unprovens.

okcchief 05-22-2014 10:38 AM

We are screwed of Smith gets hurt anyway. You know Daniel will never be a starter in the league. You don't know about Bray or Murray. Cut Daniel.

okcchief 05-22-2014 10:40 AM

Bray has a cannon. I don't see how you could give up on him at all. If he picks up the mental part he could be great. If he doesn't you're out nothing.

duncan_idaho 05-22-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10645086)
Bray has a cannon. I don't see how you could give up on him at all. If he picks up the mental part he could be great. If he doesn't you're out nothing.

It's going to come down to them feeling comfortable with the guy they have to roll out there if Smith is hurt.

They'd have to feel comfortable with Bray being able to step in for a game or two in the middle of a playoff hunt and win some games to cut Daniel at this point.

They're clearly comfortable with Daniel in that role, and he performed well in it in the one opportunity he got last year. He performed nearly as well against San Diego as Alex Smith did, on the road and with backups around him.

I'd take it as a very good sign for Bray's development if they're comfortable enough with him to cut Daniel, and wouldn't be upset (might even get the smallest bit excited about Bray for the first time).

I have a hard time believing that's what will happen, though. If Bray is cut, it means he's basically still the same guy who went undrafted (to me). He's got the size and arm, but the mental side of the game (decision making, working on the playbook, etc) had a long way to come (as did his off-field behavior). If they cut him, to me that says he hasn't progressed much if at all in those areas.

keg in kc 05-22-2014 10:59 AM

I think it's more about ascertaining whether they can turn Bray into a player who has trade value down the road. If they believe they can, then they have to keep him, regardless of whether he'll be ready to step into a playoff game in 8 months

Reerun_KC 05-22-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10643313)
"and" ?

:spock:

Yes "and"

duncan_idaho 05-22-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10645124)
I think it's more about ascertaining whether they can turn Bray into a player who has trade value down the road. If they believe they can, then they have to keep him, regardless of whether he'll be ready to step into a playoff game in 8 months

I'm fine with that and on-board with that.

But if they're trying to "win" this year, will Andy Reid and co. be fine with that?

Part of me suspects they wouldn't have drafted Murray if they were pleased with the progress Bray was making.

patteeu 05-22-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10645117)
It's going to come down to them feeling comfortable with the guy they have to roll out there if Smith is hurt.

They'd have to feel comfortable with Bray being able to step in for a game or two in the middle of a playoff hunt and win some games to cut Daniel at this point.

They're clearly comfortable with Daniel in that role, and he performed well in it in the one opportunity he got last year. He performed nearly as well against San Diego as Alex Smith did, on the road and with backups around him.

I'd take it as a very good sign for Bray's development if they're comfortable enough with him to cut Daniel, and wouldn't be upset (might even get the smallest bit excited about Bray for the first time).

I have a hard time believing that's what will happen, though. If Bray is cut, it means he's basically still the same guy who went undrafted (to me). He's got the size and arm, but the mental side of the game (decision making, working on the playbook, etc) had a long way to come (as did his off-field behavior). If they cut him, to me that says he hasn't progressed much if at all in those areas.

Perfect, IMO.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-22-2014 01:17 PM

Tyler Bray
22 Years Old
6'-6"
215 lbs.
$498,333

Chase Daniel
27 Years Old
6'-0"
225 lbs.
$3,400,000

*Niether will win you the Super Bowl this year if Alex goes down.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-22-2014 01:18 PM

5 years younger.
6" taller
$3,000,000 cheaper
Higher ceiling.

Well if you put it like that, it's a no-brainer.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-22-2014 01:34 PM

Trade Daniel, please.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-22-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 10645390)
Trade Daniel, please.

No one is going to trade for him.

Especially with that stupid contract.