ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life -- How do you all feel about chili cheeseburgers? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284175)

Simply Red 06-06-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 10675756)
McCormicks powdered gravy.

I could come close, I imagine - pretty peppered up stuff though, huh?

Some of those envelopes aren't bad if you're in a hurry to just PUMP out a quick meal, I'm not saying all of the time.

Dad can't cook like you and I - so he buys one at the hyvee and eats it over biscuits, pretty sure he likes it prepared according to package instruction.
Then I think he'll fry a couple of eggs off to the side. Dad isn't that good of a cook, he lives out in Blue Springs.

cdcox 06-06-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10675757)
Have you tried baking chili into cornbread? ****ing incredible.

Yep. Make your chili in a cast iron skillet, and top it with a butter milk corn bread batter with some corn kernels and jalapenos mixed in and bake that bad boy in the oven.

Simply Red 06-06-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 10675765)
Yeah I'm a big fan of the poppy seed bun. It combines the visual appeal of black on tan, the texture of grinding those little guys between my teeth, the nutty-fruity flavor profile, and the thrill that comes with risking 12 years in a Turkish prison due to a failed drug test.

yup - tests will show pot present - or THC I think.

srvy 06-06-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10675752)
Aesthetically it looks like Fred & Reds. You know - I duplicated Fred & Red's chili-mac? Ya - There is even a thread I did w/ cooking instructions & everything.

If I set my mind to it - I can mimic other tastes. I've always been good at that sort of thing.

For example:

I can come really close to KFC Original recipe - and I'm going to go ahead and say - white pepper and baking soda (oddly) are two of those ingredients. I fear what you all will start eating once I'm not around to guide.

:D

Personally I think chilli Burgers are very common in about any greasy spoon mom and pop diner or burger joint. Just have disappeared in the sterile environments of corporate chain restaurants and fast food burger places

mlyonsd 06-06-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 10675697)
Found this over a year ago and wife reminded me..have never made it though.

http://www.food.com/recipe/chili-sau...-316545/review

Way too much cinnamon IMO.

If you want a tried and true chili sauce for dogs try this:

1 lb. ground beef browned and drained
3/4 t oregano
3/4 t cumin
3 T chili powder
1 small onion chopped fine
1/2 t salt
2 C water
1/4 t Cayenne pepper
Tiny pinch of cinnamon

Combine all ingredients and simmer for at least one hour.

It will seem like to much liquid when done but it is meant to be spooned onto a hot dog with a regular spoon.

Deberg_1990 06-06-2014 10:21 PM

How do you feel about Arthur Treachers?

cdcox 06-06-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10675768)
I could come close, I imagine - pretty peppered up stuff though, huh?

Some of those envelopes aren't bad if you're in a hurry to just PUMP out a quick meal, I'm not saying all of the time.

Dad can't cook like you and I - so he buys one at the hyvee and eats it over biscuits, pretty sure he likes it prepared according to package instruction.
Then I think he'll fry a couple of eggs off to the side. Dad isn't that good of a cook, he lives out in Blue Springs.

See post 120.

The only envelope I've used in the last 30 years is Old El Paso taco seasoning for taco salad. Can't top that from my spice cabinet for some weird reason.

cdcox 06-06-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10675772)
yup - tests will show pot present - or THC I think.

Opiates. Poppy seed comes from poppy plants.

GloucesterChief 06-06-2014 10:22 PM

I like hatch green chili burgers.

srvy 06-06-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10675776)

They were the king until they skated from KC

cdcox 06-06-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

They don't serve mushy peas.

listopencil 06-06-2014 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10675762)
Sure - Chili pie? Yes sir.

You know - I can't do the corn though - like when your Aunt brings it to the Family reunion. It always has actual corn kernels in it - I don't like that addition.

Sacrilege. Heresy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 10675769)
Yep. Make your chili in a cast iron skillet, and top it with a butter milk corn bread batter with some corn kernels and jalapenos mixed in and bake that bad boy in the oven.

Oh, hell yeah. I've goofed around with it a bit. I'll make polenta (corn mush) and put a shallow layer in a round glass pie pan overnight in the fridge. Take it out the next morning and let it come to room temp. Then add thick chili on top of the polenta "crust." Now make your cornbread batter with corn kernels, minced jalapeno and finely diced sharp cheddar added in. Poor that over the chili carefully making sure to get in in between the chili and the sides of the pie pan. Bake that shit and you are going to get some serious chili pie.

Simply Red 06-06-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

I feel it's odd that they have one at Hartsfield Airport and no others in Atlanta - But yes. I went to the one on Noland as a child.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Adfr_4jLCmc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cdcox 06-06-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10675784)
Sacrilege. Heresy!

Oh, hell yeah. I've goofed around with it a bit. I'll make polenta (corn mush) and put a shallow layer in a round glass pie pan overnight in the fridge. Take it out the next morning and let it come to room temp. Then add thick chili on top of the polenta "crust." Now make your cornbread batter with corn kernels, minced jalapeno and finely diced sharp cheddar added in. Poor that over the chili carefully making sure to get in in between the chili and the sides of the pie pan. Bake that shit and you are going to get some serious chili pie.

Nice touch with the polenta. I can tell that you are dedicated to your craft.

Simply Red 06-06-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 10675778)
Opiates. Poppy seed comes from poppy plants.

I see - makes sense. ha - and actually I knew that - i'm just senile at times.