ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs USA Today predicts Chiefs at 4-12 for 2014 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284220)

New World Order 06-09-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10680864)
It's possible, but not very likely barring significant injury. The Chiefs could finish 4-12 if they lost almost all their one score games and the teams they play don't have important injuries. If they win them all, they probably go 10-6. Those games, like fumble recoveries, are coinflips that tend to normalize over a long period of time.

The Chiefs were kind of like the 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates and 2012 Orioles: a mediocre team that caught a shitload of breaks in the regular season. Same thing happened to the 2010 Chiefs. If it goes the other way, like 2012, you have seasons like that.

That avatar is just fantastic and I agree. The 2012 season the Chiefs caught absolutely no breaks and then caught every break during 2013.

I fully expect our secondary to get eaten up.

Gadzooks 06-09-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10680775)
Albert is not replaceable easily. He was a borderline blue chip player.

He'll be replaced easily by the first overall pick from the 2013 draft, much like Tamba will be replaced by 1st rounder Dee Ford.

The Chiefs have always been a step ahead.

milkman 06-09-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10680378)
National media doesn't know as much but also is probably not riding as much unabashed hope as Chiefs fans must in several key spots.

The Chiefs need a LOT of things to go right to improve as a team. Odds of all of those happening are not tremendous.

They do need a lot of things to go right, and if only a couple of them go right, they could easily lose 10 games.

What if only one goes right?

11 games?

I think 4-12 is a very realistic prediction with all the questions and the schedule.

If everything goes right, it could go the other way.

My guess, before camp and preseason, 10 losses.

How things look in the preseason can change that.

Mr. Laz 06-09-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 10680845)
Of all these awesome starters, who would you have resigned assuming you would had to match the deals they got with other teams given out cap situation?

**** you and your stupid ass cap bullshit

if cap was really a problem we should have be trading and cutting high dollar vets on the downside and picking up younger guys. We could have been reworking contracts to free up money. Virtually no other NFL team gets 'trapped' by the salary like this.

but we didn't, we did almost nothing

If we win 10 games this year, Dorsey should give Reid half his salary.

King John Dorsey taking after King Carl

last year was nothing but gawd dam PR season and now we are rebuilding/retooling and cleaning the cap.

**** John Dorsey

RobBlake 06-09-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10679346)
It'd be hilarious if we went 4-12 and decided not to renew Smith. LMAO

I'd dance about in homer graves, singin' hallelujah!

so you rather your team lose because you think the qb of your team, which helped lead your team to the playoffs, is bad when you want a qb that could be even more of a headache? lol

Hammock Parties 06-09-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 10681055)
so you rather your team lose because you think the qb of your team, which helped lead your team to the playoffs, is bad when you want a qb that could be even more of a headache? lol

Yeah man a real franchise QB would be such a headache compared to these retread checkdown artists.

TEX 06-09-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 10681055)

Yep. He's wired like that. Partly to stir shit. His mind is a SCARY place...:huh:

duncan_idaho 06-09-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10680524)
LMAO

Come on, man. Kendrick Lewis? Dexter? Asamoah? Geoff Schwartz? Branden Albert?

We lost the most significantly replaceable veterans I've ever seen.

The only thing significant about that talent was how bad this team's drafting has been.

It's not about the individual players lost. It's about how many of them were lost in one offseason and how many question marks the Chiefs have.

If you're looking at it from a non-fan perspective, the Chiefs have big question marks at:

LT
RT
RG
OL (in general... when 60 percent of your line is unknown, you're OL is generally a question mark)
WR3
TE2
ILB
FS

And the Chiefs are underwhelming at the following positions that have known commodities at them:

LG
WR1 (below average WR1)
WR2 (Below average WR2)
CB1
CB2
NCB

There are just a lot of potential holes. Odds are that the Chiefs will plug some of them with internal candidates.... but still have more holes than can be plugged just by working the roster from within.

It's not like they had a killer draft with a bunch of picks that plugged holes with high picks, either.

PHOG 06-09-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10679326)
I could see it happening but really 6-8 wins seems pretty doable.

AFC West

Broncos 12-4 (2): Could be better than 2013 team even if wins and offensive output dip. But schedule is murderous.

Chargers 8-8: Last year's schedule allowed late-season charge. This year's could easily produce late-season slide.

Chiefs 4-12: Tight salary cap meant crippling free agent defections, and they didn't sufficiently reload in draft.

Raiders 3-13: Best thing influx of over-the-hill vets can do is change culture. Carr, Mack promise brighter days ahead.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...colts/9767615/

That's about right, give or take2 games....STFU

ILChief 06-09-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10680932)
**** you and your stupid ass cap bullshit

if cap was really a problem with should have be trading and cutting high dollar vets on the downside and picking up younger guys. We could have been reworking contracts to free up money. Virtually no other NFL team gets 'trapped' by the salary like this.

but we didn't, we did almost nothing

If we win 10 games this year, Dorsey should give Reid half his salary.

King John Dorsey taking after King Carl

last year was nothing but gawd dam PR season and now we are rebuilding/retooling and cleaning the cap.

**** John Dorsey

way to dodge the question

Mr. Laz 06-09-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 10681218)
way to dodge the question

i'm not dodging anything.

There is no point to your question. It's not about one player, it's about us losing talent and not adding it.

6 starters out, 1 starter and some scrubs in

coach'em up Marty!!

http://110.imagebam.com/download/46n...d_peterson.jpg

xztop123 06-10-2014 01:03 AM

No this team is better than last year by a little(if the o-line plays well).... the pass D should be drastically improved. Last year we got lucky a few games (philly) and the road will be tougher this year. If we're close to 8-8 or 9-7 it will be a super bowl type team.

The only team i fear is denver truthfully

xztop123 06-10-2014 01:06 AM

We were not an average team toward of the end last year. Had we had pass rush and average CB's we could have made a super bowl run LAST YEAR.

We essentially beat a very good SD team with our second string players.

The offense was very scary at the end of last year.

TEX 06-10-2014 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10681289)
i'm not dodging anything.

There is no point to your question. It's not about one player, it's about us losing talent and not adding it.

6 starters out, 1 starter and some scrubs in

coach'em up Marty!!

http://110.imagebam.com/download/46n...d_peterson.jpg

Exactly this. The Chiefs got worse over the off season. If someone doesn't see it, or doesn't want to, its on them. At the very least, not all players counted on to step up will be able to.

ILChief 06-10-2014 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10681493)
Exactly this. The Chiefs got worse over the off season. If someone doesn't see it, or doesn't want to, its on them. At the very least, not all players counted on to step up will be able to.

I didn't say they got better or worse. I simply asked which starters that left would people have matched the deals they got.