ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life **** OFFICIAL 2015 Flopnut's Fatties Weight-loss Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289731)

Dunit35 01-06-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski (Post 11247553)
Has anyone here actually, truly and completely, finished a round of P90x?

Results?

Not P90x but insanity. It was broken down into 2 4wk sessions. I knocked out the first session. It was a workout. Lost around 15 lbs, everybody said my body looked much thinner.

Then my wife and I had a child and my spare time went out the window. It required basically an hour a day/6 days a week.

Hootie 01-06-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Alex's Losses (Post 11247497)
Pretty soon this is going to catch up to you. You're not 25 anymore.

I want you to imagine yourself as a balding 35-year old with no muscles and a big fat gut, shopping the discount racks at JC Penny for XL tees because you piss away all your money on booze.

If you don't want that to happen...

why would I be balding? I can absolutely guarantee I will never bald. The other stuff, perhaps.

Hammock Parties 01-06-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11247587)
I can absolutely guarantee I will never bald.

Sure about that? No history of it in your family? It's inherited on the mother's side so look at your grandfather/uncle.

And drinking doesn't help.

Quote:

Alcoholism and Hair Loss

There are 3 reasons as to why alcohol causes hair loss:

Hair loss due to alcohol consumption is mainly due to the fact that alcohol affects the levels of estrogen and zinc in the body, which subsequently affect hair growth.

Excessive drinking RAISES the level of estrogen, high levels of estrogen result in hair loss.

Excessive drinking REDUCES zinc levels in the body. Zinc is essential for healthy hair growth.

In addition, constant consumption of alcohol can also induce a lower level of vitamins B and C in your body.

Furthermore, folic acid levels can also fall which is also vital in maintaining healthy and strong hair.

The fact that alcoholics rarely have a balanced diet can also add to vitamin deficiencies which contributes to weakened hair.

Frosty 01-06-2015 02:47 PM

Thanks to mother nature, at least I'm getting some workouts in. :cuss:

Hootie 01-06-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Alex's Losses (Post 11247594)
Sure about that? No history of it in your family? It's inherited on the mother's side so look at your grandfather/uncle.

And drinking doesn't help.

Oh, I'm positive. Mom's dad had a full head of hair his entire life, my dad full head of hair ... I have to get a haircut every two freaking weeks because my hair grows too fast.

It's one thing I never have to worry about.

MikeMaslowski 01-06-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 11247579)
Not P90x but insanity. It was broken down into 2 4wk sessions. I knocked out the first session. It was a workout. Lost around 15 lbs, everybody said my body looked much thinner.

Then my wife and I had a child and my spare time went out the window. It required basically an hour a day/6 days a week.

I've seen those two lumped together while scouring for the obligatory weight loss inspiration vids/pics. I found all of the p90x vids/manuals/diets online and am going to give it a shot. I assume that because of my back, I will miss out on some of the exercises but I will figure out an alternative.

Maybe I will cycle Insanity after the 90 days to change it up a bit, depending if I can find their vids online as well.

Make the wifey watch the kiddo and get to workin' out! :) I think I actually saw a video where the guy was working out with the baby on his back.

Dunit35 01-06-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski (Post 11247613)
I've seen those two lumped together while scouring for the obligatory weight loss inspiration vids/pics. I found all of the p90x vids/manuals/diets online and am going to give it a shot. I assume that because of my back, I will miss out on some of the exercises but I will figure out an alternative.

Maybe I will cycle Insanity after the 90 days to change it up a bit, depending if I can find their vids online as well.

Make the wifey watch the kiddo and get to workin' out! :) I think I actually saw a video where the guy was working out with the baby on his back.

Let me know if you want to try insanity. I can ship the disks to you. I don't know how to make copies or I'd do that. Just send em back when you're done.

Insanity is tougher on the knees. A lot more jumping. I didn't eat healthy during it, only less and I lost 15 doing it.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-06-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11247524)
A guy I work with who is a personal trainer says that the asperatame (or however the hell you spell it) in diet soda halts weight loss somehow. I wouldn't mind switching over though.

Bullshit. I lost 180lbs drinking a 6 pack of Pepsi Max a day. Couldn't hurt to try, right?

Buehler445 01-06-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11247312)
Does everyone want to just do monthly weigh ins? I'm going to create a spreadsheet that tracks everyone's weights.

I spreadsheet that bitch up. Weigh every night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski (Post 11247553)
Has anyone here actually, truly and completely, finished a round of P90x?

Results?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski (Post 11247613)

I did P90X. Hurt my shoulder early on and that hobbled me quite a bit. P90X is an hour and a half min. Insanity is a faster. Insanity has a lot of impact. A lot. P90X is a lot more controlled and probably easier on your back.

Really though it doesn't do much without changing diet. Get in the Fitness thread. Those guys can help you a ****load more than I can. They say you can't outwork a bad diet. They're right.

The Franchise 01-06-2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11247636)
I spreadsheet that bitch up. Weigh every night.

I meant for this thread. Does everyone want to track weight monthly in the OP.

bsroyals54 01-06-2015 03:10 PM

sounds incredibly obvious but the best 2 things you can do for weight loss is:

No refined sugars

Exercise

=

Profit

MikeMaslowski 01-06-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11247645)
I meant for this thread. Does everyone want to track weight monthly in the OP.

I am in for this.

Hammock Parties 01-06-2015 03:26 PM

This is a nice beginner's workout guide with videos.

http://velocity.t-nation.com/program...er_module.html

CaliforniaChief 01-06-2015 03:26 PM

I think a monthly report would be a good thing. I weigh weekly on Mondays, but for the purpose of this thread I think it would probably work. Up to the OP though.

MikeMaslowski 01-06-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 11247630)
Let me know if you want to try insanity. I can ship the disks to you. I don't know how to make copies or I'd do that. Just send em back when you're done.

Insanity is tougher on the knees. A lot more jumping. I didn't eat healthy during it, only less and I lost 15 doing it.

If it is tough on the knees I will definitely have trouble. But once the weight is down, I am sure I could give it a shot.

I am in Central America so shipping would probably cost as much as buying the program but I am absolutely amazed by your offer. I sometimes forget how kind and classy this board can be. (Mr. Flopnuts and Yourself have more common courtesy than most people I know in "real" life) So, thank you very much for that offer! :thumb: