ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life I am moving to the suburbs. What do I need to know? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299304)

mdstu 04-12-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 12174728)
In the city of Kansas City, since you pay earnings tax (1% of your income to KCMO) the only real perk you get for that is free city trash pickup.

The Cincinnati suburbs are the same way, they get me for 1.5%.
On top of the trash service, they have free yard waste removal (Leaves/Tree branches).
They also will deliver all the free mulch you want, you just call or email and they will come and dump it in your driveway.

Another interesting perk, you can reserve the city dump trucks for renovation/junk waste removal. They will park it in your driveway on Friday evening, you fill it up over the weekend and they pick it up Monday morning and dump it for you in the landfill.

Ming the Merciless 04-12-2016 05:43 PM

aerator / dethatch/ weed n feed (sounds like you can afford landscaper tho)

go with a sears craftsman lawnmower

dunno about pool tables but im assuming used is the way to go

uber fo shiz

10pm dial it back to a low roar and turn down the tunes a lil

i dunno im still looking for a damn barber

mcdonalds 1 dollar coffee drive thru

get a huge bazooka tube and blast some old school mega bass rap

Bugeater 04-12-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12175073)
aerator / dethatch/ weed n feed (sounds like you can afford landscaper tho)

go with a sears craftsman lawnmower

dunno about pool tables but im assuming used is the way to go

uber fo shiz

10pm dial it back to a low roar and turn down the tunes a lil

i dunno im still looking for a damn barber

mcdonalds 1 dollar coffee drive thru

get a huge bazooka tube and blast some old school mega bass rap

Oh god...no...no...NO. It's bad enough we have people recommending Toros in this thread.

Pablo 04-12-2016 06:13 PM

Your lawn is now your child.

Meatloaf 04-12-2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 12175097)
Oh god...no...no...NO. It's bad enough we have people recommending Toros in this thread.

FWIW, Consumer Reports recommends 4 or 5 models of Honda mowers as their top mowers. I think there's a Toro model thats also recommended, but it appears that Honda is the way to go.

BTW, I would highly recommend Art's Billiard Supply (it's over near Independence Center) if you're looking for a pool table. It's a family run business in pretty good sized store. Lots to choose from. Very nice folks too.

Pablo 04-12-2016 06:13 PM

I went suburban last year. Got myself a man cave. Now we're having a baby and my wife can't wait to put kid shit down there.

lewdog 04-12-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 12175133)
I went suburban last year. Got myself a man cave. Now we're having a baby and my wife can't wait to put kid shit down there.

Does she already have two black eyes?

If not............

Pablo 04-12-2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12175135)
Does she already have two black eyes?

If not............

She's pregnant now. I figure I'll wait until the baby is out before I give her the St. Joe eyeshadow.

eDave 04-12-2016 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 12175143)
She's pregnant now. I figure I'll wait until the baby is out before I give her the St. Joe eyeshadow.

LMAO

Buzz 04-12-2016 07:48 PM

When shit goes wrong, youtube, if you are too stupid to figure that out call dad or old white guy neighbor. Well, unless you pissed off the neighbor blocking his driveway moving in. Then **** you.

Iowanian 04-12-2016 07:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've got a man cave.....complete with walk in gun vault and animal mounts on the walls........and I never go there because it looks like a bus full of barbi dolls crashed into a bunch of #superherolivesmatter interstate blockade down there now....and I doubt anything other than some Disney channel has been on my tv since December.

I'm never giving up my man room.

Easy 6 04-12-2016 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12175020)
You're having kids.

That's a kids cave. Complete with crayon and spilled food covering your nice couches and chairs.

Enjoy.

:hmmm: lets just call it what it is / will inevitably become... and thats as it should be

Go get' em, Strongside

SAUTO 04-12-2016 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12174253)
Enjoy the shit ass commute into downtown if you have to deal with rush hour travel. The city's worst drivers can be found from 7-9am and again at 4-6:30 pm on I-35 between Lamar and 119th street every day of the work week. Avoid 435 if at all possible during those times as well.

ill attest to this.

I made this drive today in fact.

Bunch of dumb ****s

SAUTO 04-12-2016 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12174642)
Small town Louisiana, bud. We pay two separate companies for water and power. I guess it's possible that it's part of our power bill.

Small town here too. Mine is through the water bill

stevieray 04-12-2016 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12175405)
ill attest to this.

I made this drive today in fact.

Bunch of dumb ****s

It's horrible.