ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A Levelheaded Review Wk17 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346784)

Chris Meck 01-03-2023 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 16705919)
Yes I am. And we need to fix the OT's so we will have time. They're so bad, when we play teMs with good pass rushers, we don't even have time for the short stuff.

How do you not see the correlation?

chiefzilla1501 01-03-2023 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 16705975)
Right... I wish we had an offense where the QB was the only one in the league to hit 5000 yards this year...

We have an offensive minded HC, TE and QB who are legitimately in the GOAT conversation at their positions. That is an obscene collection of talent.

Reality check is that kelce is 33 and can’t keep getting doubled and tripled. Kelces dominance hides a lot of our limitations of our WR room. We can’t approach the next few years assuming kelce keeps that up.

Our offense has been outstanding and on paper unstoppable. In the second half of the season we have run into plenty of issues.

I am proud of our offense. That is different from being content. For as good as we’ve been we are capable of much better.

-King- 01-03-2023 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 16705970)
Mahomes missed MVS twice yesterday, one was most likely a long TD. Mahomes even called himself out in his words at his press conference.

Yeah but that's the MVS story. Somehow two hall of fame QBs can't gel with him. Hence his career 50% catch rate.

crispystl 01-03-2023 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 16701924)
Yes, that was huge. I was ****ing screaming at the tv

I could be wrong but I thought that flag was thrown really late too. (When the contact actually happened early in the play)

-King- 01-03-2023 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16705832)
I really think there's a lot of irrational 'want' going on here.

We remember 'WASP', and we see Burrow throwing to Chase/Higgins/Boyd and we think-

MAN, I WANT THAT!

But reality is, 'WASP' is a pipedream with Brown and Wylie at OT, and The Bengals have all of those guys on rookie contracts still.

We're just in a different place now. You like Mahomes? Me too. But we're paying him now, and we have dogshit at RT, a mediocre LT that wants record setting money, and one good rookie DE and nothing else there. Things aren't changing other than continued growth this season.

and in '23, we have zero starting OT's, one starting level DE, no starting WR's under contract-33 guys under contract total, and somewhere around $45-50m to deal with it all.

We're not going to blow it all on a free agent WR-and there aren't any great ones in their prime available anyway.

We're going to have to grow our own, unless it's Toney-which if he can get his hammy issues under control I'd feel real good about, honestly.

I remember when we signed a bunch of guys despite having only $750 in cap space. It's almost like you can spread out cap hits so that they don't all impact one years salary cap.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-03-2023 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 16706247)
Yeah but that's the MVS story. Somehow two hall of fame QBs can't gel with him. Hence his career 50% catch rate.

Sunday was not on MVS... Mahomes flat out missed him.

Megatron96 01-03-2023 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 16707619)
Sunday was not on MVS... Mahomes flat out missed him.

My question is, how does Pat keep missing him? They haven't been in sync the entire season. And Pat has always been one of the most accurate deep passers since Day One.

It's to the point that when I see Pat uncork one in MVS' direction, before it starts coming down, I'm chalking it up to an INC. Sadly, most of the time I'm right.

DRM08 01-03-2023 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16707650)
My question is, how does Pat keep missing him? They haven't been in sync the entire season. And Pat has always been one of the most accurate deep passers since Day One.

It's to the point that when I see Pat uncork one in MVS' direction, before it starts coming down, I'm chalking it up to an INC. Sadly, most of the time I'm right.

I don’t agree regarding Mahomes’ deep ball accuracy. It’s the biggest weakness in his game. Weird thing is I think he was better at those deep shots in college.

Chris Meck 01-03-2023 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16706244)
We have an offensive minded HC, TE and QB who are legitimately in the GOAT conversation at their positions. That is an obscene collection of talent.

Reality check is that kelce is 33 and can’t keep getting doubled and tripled. Kelces dominance hides a lot of our limitations of our WR room. We can’t approach the next few years assuming kelce keeps that up.

Our offense has been outstanding and on paper unstoppable. In the second half of the season we have run into plenty of issues.

I am proud of our offense. That is different from being content. For as good as we’ve been we are capable of much better.

We're going to have to grow our own, which is why we spent a #2 this year on a WR, and snatched a '21 #1 pick from The Giants.

There's an emphasis on the position, and will continue to be, and some guys will work out, and some won't. But purchasing a #1 WR that is an upgrade from Juju is highly unlikely any time in the near future no matter how much some of you guys want to scream for it.

It's HIGHLY UNLIKELY. And wouldn't do KC any good anyway, with dumpster fires at OT and a subpar defensive line other than Jones. Karlaftis I have high hopes for, but you really need a speed rusher opposite.

Dream all you want, I'm done talking about it. You guys can all wring your hands and cry again this offseason about how we won't sniff the play-offs and all of the other teams got so much better, and then we'll go win the division again and compete for a SB anyway.

DenverChief 01-04-2023 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16707713)
We're going to have to grow our own, which is why we spent a #2 this year on a WR, and snatched a '21 #1 pick from The Giants.

There's an emphasis on the position, and will continue to be, and some guys will work out, and some won't. But purchasing a #1 WR that is an upgrade from Juju is highly unlikely any time in the near future no matter how much some of you guys want to scream for it.

It's HIGHLY UNLIKELY. And wouldn't do KC any good anyway, with dumpster fires at OT and a subpar defensive line other than Jones. Karlaftis I have high hopes for, but you really need a speed rusher opposite.

Dream all you want, I'm done talking about it. You guys can all wring your hands and cry again this offseason about how we won't sniff the play-offs and all of the other teams got so much better, and then we'll go win the division again and compete for a SB anyway.

I presume you believe that Niang and/or PTW will not ever be starters?

chiefzilla1501 01-04-2023 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 16708500)

I think wanagho is intriguing but RT is exactly the type of position you use the draft for because you can find talent in the late rounds. If you dont hit just keep swinging.

Chris Meck 01-04-2023 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 16708500)

I'm just not convinced The Chiefs believe either will be, or we'd have seen one or the other instead of Wylie, who blows goats.

Megatron96 01-04-2023 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 16707690)
I don’t agree regarding Mahomes’ deep ball accuracy. It’s the biggest weakness in his game. Weird thing is I think he was better at those deep shots in college.

Hmm. There's tons of Mahomes/Chiefs highlight reels on YT showing Pat dropping dimes on DRob, Conley, Sammy, Hill . . . even Sausage.

Even his misses many times were inches off, up to maybe a yard or two.

But he's been missing MVS by as much as 10+ feet; that seems to be new this season?

O.city 01-04-2023 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16709031)
Hmm. There's tons of Mahomes/Chiefs highlight reels on YT showing Pat dropping dimes on DRob, Conley, Sammy, Hill . . . even Sausage.

Even his misses many times were inches off, up to maybe a yard or two.

But he's been missing MVS by as much as 10+ feet; that seems to be new this season?

He's never been a good "deep ball thrower" here in terms of the traditional deep ball. THe deep crossers and such yes, but the outside or deep posts, not so much.