ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith to ask for release (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269401)

cdcox 01-31-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9369058)
Just saying. Alex Smith was playing at an above average level before being replaced this year.

That much is fact.

It's not like he's ancient in age, either.

If they had more leverage and the ability to hold him "hostage" for lack of a better term...I bet they could get a late 1st for him. I mean, he's probably between the 15th and 20th best QB in the NFL and you could probably argue he's between 10 and 15 (though I'd disagree).

It's not what WE want, but if you had to give him a VALUE GRADE...it has to be at least a 2nd round pick. Lets not kid ourselves.

Let's call him 15th. It has been 10 years since the 15th best QB in the league won a Super Bowl. What message does it send to trade for the 15th best QB in the league? It says that you don't give a flip about winning the SB. So for a team that is interested in winning a SB, he is worth no more than a back up. He isn't worth more than a 4th round pick. He is totally worthless as a starter, as are all of the fully matured QBs in the bottom half of the league.

Tribal Warfare 01-31-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9369312)
Cassel was SP's personal project. He deluded himself into thinking that Cassel was Brady 2.0. I could be wrong, but I don't see Reid or Dorsey ignoring a players ability in order to keep them in the line up. I don't really want Smith in a trade, but I think Reid and Dorsey will not stop trying to find a better QB. They've always done it that way in the past, I don't know why they'd stop now.

depends on his contract if it is a 2- 3 year contract or a long term deal.

Of course it involves who they draft as the heir apparent too.

mcaj22 01-31-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 9369202)
The Ravens are in even worse shape. Ed Reed will be a FA and I would do the same for him

lol what

Dashon Goldson > Ed Reed and it's not even close

ForeverChiefs58 02-01-2013 12:05 AM

Draft Geno. Then draft another QB in later rd. (see Redskins)
If they bust and never play. It's ok, do it again until u get it right!!! KC needs to treat the QB position like it is as important as the D-line position.

I think this needs SOC.

The Chiefs organization NEEDS Save Our Chiefs. The team couldn't get things right. Many felt this was unacceptable. SOC got Clark Hunt's attention and let him know what the fans wanted.

Hunt thanked the fans by going after the best coach available.

I believe another banner letting the team know we want our QB drafted #1 is needed.

If the team goes after a FA, he better play S, CB LB, or WR. They get a freaking SF QB and it's the freaking 1990's again and it should scare the playoffs right out of you. We've been down this damn road and it leads to a dead end.

I say a banner- "30 years is too long" is needed.

The #1 overall pick is an opportunity that has been knocking on this franchise's door for 40 freaking years.

Answer the door Hunt...Geno's here.

RunKC 02-01-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 9369360)
Draft Geno. Then draft another QB in later rd. (see Redskins)
If they bust and never play. It's ok, do it again until u get it right!!! KC needs to treat the QB position like it is as important as the D-line position.

I think this needs SOC.

The Chiefs organization NEEDS Save Our Chiefs. The team couldn't get things right. Many felt this was unacceptable. SOC got Clark Hunt's attention and let him know what the fans wanted.

Hunt thanked the fans by going after the best coach available.

I believe another banner letting the team know we want our QB drafted #1 is needed.

If the team goes after a FA, he better play S, CB LB, or WR. They get a freaking SF QB and it's the freaking 1990's again and it should scare the playoffs right out of you. We've been down this damn road and it leads to a dead end.

I say a banner- "30 years is too long" is needed.

The #1 overall pick is an opportunity that has been knocking on this franchise's door for 40 freaking years.

Answer the door Hunt...Geno's here.

Eagles fans did that for Ricky Williams and look at what happened LMAO

Reid will make the pick he thinks is right. QB or not. I'm rolling with whatever decision he makes.

RealSNR 02-01-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9368980)
Like Geno v Baylor?

Terms you don't know:

Stockholm Syndrome
Garbage time

What else are you confused about?

Ceej 02-01-2013 12:19 AM

I KNEW THE CHIEFS SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED COLT BRENNAN!!!!

HIS STATS WERE THE UBER GOODZ.

RunKC 02-01-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9369383)
I KNEW THE CHIEFS SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED COLT BRENNAN!!!!

HIS STATS WERE THE UBER GOODZ.

I prefer Brandon Weeden myself.

Ceej 02-01-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9369386)
I prefer Brandon Weeden myself.

I prefer Case Keenum myself.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-01-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9369207)
Geno Smith is just as good as RGIII

in time...better.
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC 02-01-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9369388)
in time...better.
Posted via Mobile Device

JFC :doh!:

Smed1065 02-01-2013 12:26 AM

Chiefs Show Early Interest In 49ers QB Alex Smith

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/01/3...ing-to-report/

It wasn’t clear to me the other day whether Rapoport was just speculating on which teams could be interested in Smith or if he was actually reporting that they were.

Tonight, NFL.com began pushing the story a bit harder and they appear to be reporting the interest as the real deal.
Next came this report, yesterday:
So what teams are interested in Alex Smith?
So far: The Buffalo Bills, Arizona Cardinals, Philadelphia Eagles and Kansas City Chiefs. The New York Jets have not shown interest yet. (Of course, any official contact would be against league rules at this stage.)

Tonight, NFL.com dropped another article. This time they quote analyst and former NFL QB Trent Dilfer. According to Dilfer, Chiefs head coach Andy Reid was interested in Smith previously. The Dilfer quotes come from the San Francisco Chronicle.
Again, NFL.com:
“There was a courtship last year, to a certain degree,” Dilfer said.
Dilfer is a fantastic source on Smith news because the two men are close friends from their days together as teammates. Perhaps Reid at one point considered trading for Smith or the Eagles thought about signing Smith as a free agent last year.
“I don’t know a whole lot. I just know there was a courtship. It was not even an inside source, you know what I mean? It was just kind of the scuttle in the offseason,” Dilfer said.
Smith does fit the profile of a potential Reid quarterback.
“I think Andy wants to change a little bit offensively,” Dilfer said. “Alex is a guy with a huge capacity (to learn). You can give him a lot and he can handle it. Andy has always been able to get the most out of guys that don’t have extreme talent.”

cdcox 02-01-2013 12:28 AM

Just kill me.

Smed1065 02-01-2013 12:32 AM

Yeah, that would just be ****tastic.

RealSNR 02-01-2013 12:36 AM

When Alex Smith talk started a month or so ago, I jokingly said I wouldn't take Smith unless Jim Harbaugh came as part of a package deal.

I don't even want that. I don't want 2011 Alex Smith. I don't want 2010 Cassel. I don't want Trent Green. I don't want Joe Montana.

I want a Kansas City Chief QB. Selected by us and coached by us.

I don't want compromises. Hearing Trent Dilfer say shit like, "Andy has always been able to get the most out of guys that don’t have extreme talent.” is already making me step off this team as a fan.

I'm not putting up with it. Not any more. **** it all if this is the route we choose.

ForeverChiefs58 02-01-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9369344)
lol what

Dashon Goldson > Ed Reed and it's not even close

I agree. The last two years Goldson has been amazing, this year I thought was his best yet. He's just peaking. But I don't see the 49ers letting him go. Another tag?

The Ravens are said to be like 20 mill over after they sign Flacco to his big deal. Reed is def on the decline, but I would take him in a heartbeat.
I would like to see the Chiefs get some S help, either Elam and Hartman starting makes for too long of a day.

Berry with a really good vet would help take our D to another level.

Tribal Warfare 02-01-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Rapoport
Chiefs figure to be in mix of teams interested in Alex Smith (along w Bills, Cards, maybe Eagles). Interest will be real for a 1-year rental

If this happens then KC could still draft Geno, and cut Smith the following year.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-01-2013 12:43 AM

would anyone really surprised if we wuss out yet again? Not me. Im used to this franchise doing EVERYTHING wrong. We step in chicken salad more often than we make it.
Posted via Mobile Device

ForeverChiefs58 02-01-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9369369)
Reid will make the pick he thinks is right. QB or not. I'm rolling with whatever decision he makes.

RB < QB

It's not a RB driven league though

We've had elite RB's before. How many SB rings does JC have?

RunKC 02-01-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 9369412)
RB < QB

It's not a RB driven league though

We've had elite RB's before. How many SB rings does JC have?

That wasn't the point. LMAO

007 02-01-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368903)
I bet the 49ers can get a 2nd for Smith...maybe even with a condition on it that ups it to a 1st.

Not a chance of that happening.

ForeverChiefs58 02-01-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9369443)
That wasn't the point. LMAO

I believe it is the point. Everyone knows the most important position on the field is QB. It's different than any other position. This franchise has been chicken for drafting a QB in the 1st for 30 freaking years. First time with the first overall pick.

If they screw it up, the team got a tiny glimse of how bad the fans could turn on them. It's QB or bust.

B14ckmon 02-01-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9369378)
Terms you don't know:

Stockholm Syndrome
Garbage time

What else are you confused about?

Fully aware of both terms.

Clearly you don't know what garbage time is though if you think your team has to be losing for it to be garbage time.

RealSNR 02-01-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9369458)
Fully aware of both terms.

Clearly you don't know what garbage time is though if you think your team has to be losing for it to be garbage time.

I know that a shootout does not mean the game is in garbage time mode LMAO

What planet are you ****ing from?

B14ckmon 02-01-2013 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9369463)
I know that a shootout does not mean the game is in garbage time mode LMAO

What planet are you ****ing from?

Marshall W 69-34
James Madison W 42-12
Maryland W 31-21
Texas Tech L 49-14
Kansas State L 55-14
Syracuse L 38-14

Yea look at those shootouts.

If you are going to hurt your knees blowing him all offseason you could at least watch ALL of his games like us real fans.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smed1065 (Post 9369392)
Chiefs Show Early Interest In 49ers QB Alex Smith

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/01/3...ing-to-report/

It wasn’t clear to me the other day whether Rapoport was just speculating on which teams could be interested in Smith or if he was actually reporting that they were.

Tonight, NFL.com began pushing the story a bit harder and they appear to be reporting the interest as the real deal.
Next came this report, yesterday:
So what teams are interested in Alex Smith?
So far: The Buffalo Bills, Arizona Cardinals, Philadelphia Eagles and Kansas City Chiefs. The New York Jets have not shown interest yet. (Of course, any official contact would be against league rules at this stage.)

Tonight, NFL.com dropped another article. This time they quote analyst and former NFL QB Trent Dilfer. According to Dilfer, Chiefs head coach Andy Reid was interested in Smith previously. The Dilfer quotes come from the San Francisco Chronicle.
Again, NFL.com:
“There was a courtship last year, to a certain degree,” Dilfer said.
Dilfer is a fantastic source on Smith news because the two men are close friends from their days together as teammates. Perhaps Reid at one point considered trading for Smith or the Eagles thought about signing Smith as a free agent last year.
“I don’t know a whole lot. I just know there was a courtship. It was not even an inside source, you know what I mean? It was just kind of the scuttle in the offseason,” Dilfer said.
Smith does fit the profile of a potential Reid quarterback.
“I think Andy wants to change a little bit offensively,” Dilfer said. “Alex is a guy with a huge capacity (to learn). You can give him a lot and he can handle it. Andy has always been able to get the most out of guys that don’t have extreme talent.”

In other words, the Chiefs "interest" in Alex Smith STILL hasn't been CONFIRMED.

I can't believe people haven't learned this lesson with Peyton Manning, or ANDY REID.

Being mentioned this early in the game all but GUARANTEES he won't being coming here.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9369316)
How the **** do you know that? Teams have done this before. The Seahawks and Redskins are perfect examples.

The Seahawks? I certainly hope you're not comparing Matt Flynn and his ONE WHOLE GAME against Alex Smith and his multiple years as a start in this league.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9369369)

He took the QB. Oopsie.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9368920)
AP is equally on board with not taking Geno.

Arrowhead Pride, like all Chiefs boards, including THIS ONE, is pretty split on the topic actually.

The difference is that here, some of the most active members in terms of per day volume, are on-board with taking Geno.

Volume of posts does not equal a majority of PEOPLE.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368984)
do people argue that Geno should go #1 because of his stats?

Of course not.

But we always have to have somebody playing the BlackBob role now for some reason.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9369144)
who is saying anyone is trading for him to be a backup?

SEVERAL people here.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9369264)
Really depends on what Dorsey and Reid think. I know this isn't popular here, but if Reid and Dorsey don't feel that there is a QB in this class that is capable of taking this team to a SB and want to sign Alex Smith while they wait to see if that QB was in the next class, then I have no problem with it.

And then next year, when Teddy Bridgewater goes #1 overall and the guys left where we're picking in the late teens are garbage, it will be "let's roll with Alex Smith one more year and get a QB in 2015."

And then in the 2015 draft, when 3 QBs go off the board in the top 10, and we're picking 21st, it will be "hell, just give Smith an extension, we'll find a QB eventually."

We've been through this, over and over and over, for THIRTY YEARS. It's ridiculous and it needs to end, NOW.

Deberg_1990 02-01-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9369574)
And then next year, when Teddy Bridgewater goes #1 overall and the guys left where we're picking in the late teens are garbage, it will be "let's roll with Alex Smith one more year and get a QB in 2015."

And then in the 2015 draft, when 3 QBs go off the board in the top 10, and we're picking 21st, it will be "hell, just give Smith an extension, we'll find a QB eventually."

We've been through this, over and over and over, for THIRTY YEARS. It's ridiculous and it needs to end, NOW.

Exactly this. Alex Smith is that type of QB whos "Just good enough" to keep you from drafting a top level talent.

O.city 02-01-2013 08:13 AM

Ah,I see RunKC is back on the ABG bandwagon.

Bringing in A. Smith would be doing the same thing we've always done. Afraid if we draft our QB and try and develop he might not work out, but we know what Smith is, even if it's not good enough to win, it's good enough not to get us fired.

If they decide to bring him in and don't draft a QB at 1, trying to wait and see if a guy falls into the second round to grab him, then someone they like doesn't fall, thats the first huge black mark on this regime. There will be no "well, we didn't have a chance to draft one" anymore. If you miss on one in this draft, its on them.

BossChief 02-01-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9369559)
Arrowhead Pride, like all Chiefs boards, including THIS ONE, is pretty split on the topic actually.

The difference is that here, some of the most active members in terms of per day volume, are on-board with taking Geno.

Volume of posts does not equal a majority of PEOPLE.

You, evidently, missed the polls we have done that show an almost unanimous consensus that this site wants Geno Smith with the top pick.

Enough with the "vocal minority" stuff or the "the board is split" stuff, please.

BossChief 02-01-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9369574)

:clap:

whoman69 02-01-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9369600)
You, evidently, missed the polls we have done that show an almost unanimous consensus that this site wants Geno Smith with the top pick.

Enough with the "vocal minority" stuff or the "the board is split" stuff, please.

He's right. About 80% said QB or bust in the polls I made.

O.city 02-01-2013 08:29 AM

This is playing out exactly the same as the 2008-2009 offseason. We had the 3rd pick and most normal Chief fans were terrified we were taking a QB, then we went with all warm and fuzzy feeling Matt Cassel cause we knew what he was and what he could do, he will save us.

And here we are 4 years later, in the same place. So enough with this "I'll trust whatever they do" rhetoric. They've talked about building thru the draft and thats how you win. If they go get the most important player of the franchise, not thru the draft, but by taking on another teams backup who you know his ceiling and it's not a SB winning guy, well, tell me how thats different from what Scott Pioli did?

BossChief 02-01-2013 08:32 AM

I bet if we posted a poll today of Geno -or- anything else with our top pick, it would be another 80% outcome...or close to it.

BossChief 02-01-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9369612)
This is playing out exactly the same as the 2008-2009 offseason. We had the 3rd pick and most normal Chief fans were terrified we were taking a QB, then we went with all warm and fuzzy feeling Matt Cassel cause we knew what he was and what he could do, he will save us.

And here we are 4 years later, in the same place. So enough with this "I'll trust whatever they do" rhetoric. They've talked about building thru the draft and thats how you win. If they go get the most important player of the franchise, not thru the draft, but by taking on another teams backup who you know his ceiling and it's not a SB winning guy, well, tell me how thats different from what Scott ***** did?

This time it would be different.

This.

Time.

Unicorns and rainbows.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9369600)

Dude, 1/20th of the total user base posts here actively.

The "Geno bandwagon" absolutely IS a vocal minority.

There's PLENTY of people out there that don't want a QB. But they're not daily participants in the discussion.

Try listening to talk radio in Kansas City for any length of time. The "Luke Joeckel and Alex Smith" and "Geno is overrated" crowds outnumber the Geno supports TEN TO ONE.

O.city 02-01-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9369628)
This time it would be different.

This.

Time.

Unicorns and rainbows.

Exactly. How is this different?

Anyone?

Is it because of where Smith was drafted that makes it ok?

htismaqe 02-01-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9369617)
I bet if we posted a poll today of Geno -or- anything else with our top pick, it would be another 80% outcome...or close to it.

Because the majority of people that actually participate on a daily basis and care enough to even lodge a vote is the group of people you see right here.

The same 20-30 people over and over.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9369633)
Exactly. How is this different?

Anyone?

Is it because of where Smith was drafted that makes it ok?

He was being sarcastic.

O.city 02-01-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9369632)
Dude, 1/20th of the total user base posts here actively.

The "Geno bandwagon" absolutely IS a vocal minority.

There's PLENTY of people out there that don't want a QB. But they're not daily participants in the discussion.

Try listening to talk radio in Kansas City for any length of time. The "Luke Joeckel and Alex Smith" and "Geno is overrated" crowds outnumber the Geno supports TEN TO ONE.

Yes.

And it absolutely baffles me. Do these people not watch other teams play football? The other teams that have been kicking the dog shit out of us for the past decade?

Successful teams draft their own QB's. Free agent QB's are actually HARDER to win with and have a higher failure rate than first round draft picks.

O.city 02-01-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9369641)
He was being sarcastic.

Oh, I know.

I'm being serious. How is this any different than what Pioli did?

htismaqe 02-01-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9369612)
And here we are 4 years later, in the same place. So enough with this "I'll trust whatever they do" rhetoric. They've talked about building thru the draft and thats how you win. If they go get the most important player of the franchise, not thru the draft, but by taking on another teams backup who you know his ceiling and it's not a SB winning guy, well, tell me how thats different from what Scott ***** did?

Answer?

IT ISN'T.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9369603)
He's right. About 80% said QB or bust in the polls I made.

How many people voted in that poll, 100? 150?

The "ban BlackBob" poll was one of the highest voter turnouts in the HISTORY OF THE BOARD, and managed just over 200 votes.

That's an infinitely small sample size.

BigMeatballDave 02-01-2013 08:41 AM

LMAO @ this place

Everyone was super-excited about Reid and Dorsey last month.

Now, people have to be talked off the ledge.

I'm gonna wait to freak out when and if I need to.

O.city 02-01-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9369655)
LMAO @ this place

Whats the fun in that? Message boards were created for freak out places.

:LOL::evil:LMAO

htismaqe 02-01-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9369645)
And it absolutely baffles me. Do these people not watch other teams play football? The other teams that have been kicking the dog shit out of us for the past decade?

I'm sure some of them do watch other teams. But those teams aren't the Chiefs, so they're surely wrong.

It's amazing to listen to callers on the radio. You know what 2 Super Bowls in the last 20 years get mentioned more than ALL THE REST COMBINED?

2000 and 2002.

O.city 02-01-2013 08:43 AM

I don't understand why the media is driving this Alex Smith stuff.

Reid and Dorsey's history shows taht they absolutely will draft their own QB.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

LMAO @ this place

I'm certainly not freaking out.

I think the chances of landing Alex Smith are somewhere between slim and none.

BossChief 02-01-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9369639)
Because the majority of people that actually participate on a daily basis and care enough to even lodge a vote is the group of people you see right here.

The same 20-30 people over and over.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267010

178 total votes

145 for Geno

33 for ANYTHING ELSE

htismaqe 02-01-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9369659)
I don't understand why the media is driving this Alex Smith stuff.

Reid and Dorsey's history shows taht they absolutely will draft their own QB.

To get hits/readers/listeners.

Why did they drive the Manning to Miami talk?

Where did the Andy Reid is going to Arizona GUARANTEED talk come from?

I would get too worked up about anything. All of the rumors swirling about Alex Smith are just that, rumors.

If anything, the brief history of NFL coverage on Twitter has taught me that if we're the front runner for Alex Smith NOW, there's zero chance in hell he's coming here.

bevischief 02-01-2013 08:45 AM

This is getting stupid and old. The majority of Chiefs fan listen to the crap that is KC sports radio and TV sports news casters who don't know crap and just repeat whatever their opinion of the day is.

O.city 02-01-2013 08:46 AM

I will give KC sports radio some credit, the majority of those guys are banging the "draft a Qb at 1 overall" drum fairly hard.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9369661)
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267010

178 total votes

145 for Geno

33 for ANYTHING ELSE

So I was right.

There's over FIFTY THOUSAND people in Arrowhead on any given Sunday.

And you're resting on the opinions of 178 people.

Go over to Facebook for a while and then see what you think.

It's been said since this board was conceived - the opinions here are not indicative of Chiefs fans.

bevischief 02-01-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

LMAO @ this place

I have been saying this was going to be a long off-season.LMAO

O.city 02-01-2013 08:48 AM

I'm trying to get the "more SB's have been won by first round QB's than any other place combined" rhetoric out there to some of the radio guys. Been tweeting it too them for a little bit.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9369664)
I will give KC sports radio some credit, the majority of those guys are banging the "draft a Qb at 1 overall" drum fairly hard.

810 is about 80% "take a QB". The problem is that the callers are about 90% the other way.

I actually heard a caller say "Chiefs NEED Geno" this morning, first time in probably 3 weeks.

Petro is pretty wishy washy. I appreciate that the guy is a stat freak and likes to play the analytical game. I just get tired of him NEVER just coming out and saying "**** it, this is what needs to happen".

He's Mr. Careful.

Keitzman has started hanging up on people, pretty funny.

O.city 02-01-2013 08:49 AM

I've actually started to like listening to Keitzman during this off season.

BossChief 02-01-2013 08:50 AM

Parker: the vocal minority on this site wants Geno. About 20-30 people. The board is actually split on the topic.

Me: huh? That's not true.

Parker: ummm, yeah it is.

Me: posts poll where it shows how this site wants Geno Smith almost unanimously.

Parker: I was right.

???

O.city 02-01-2013 08:51 AM

Well, those who voted in that pole, yeah, they want Geno. But thats a small amount of Chiefs fans.

I think thats all Parker is saying.

Deberg_1990 02-01-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9369665)
So I was right.

There's over FIFTY THOUSAND people in Arrowhead on any given Sunday.

And you're resting on the opinions of 178 people.

Go over to Facebook for a while and then see what you think.

It's been said since this board was conceived - the opinions here are not indicative of Chiefs fans.

Id venture to guess most fans on here are the hardcore "more informed" fans. Most Facebook fans are the causual "Less informed" type of fan. Thats why you get those sort of reactions.

BossChief 02-01-2013 08:54 AM

We weren't talking about the reeruned fanbase as a whole. Just the specific boards.

Acting like it's just a vocal minority of posters here that want Geno (the same 20-30 people over and over) is completely wrong.

Now, if we were talking about the fanbase as a whole, I'd agree completely that it's probably a 50:50 split.

BossChief 02-01-2013 08:55 AM

This fanbase loves their BBQ

Bullshit
Backup
Quarterbacks

Shox 02-01-2013 08:56 AM

I think Reid would like to have his own guy, the problem is are any of the QBs really going to project to be a franchise QB. We can wish it is the case, but it does not make it so. I still hope we take Geno Smith, but I can see Reid going a different direction to hedge his bet.

I think he will trade for Foley OR get Smith if the 49ers release him, which I really don't think will happen. Someone is going to step up and give the 49ers a 2nd rounder for Smith.

Foley is not the kind of QB which will work in Chips offense. So I could see the Chiefs trading the conditional 3rd round (I assume they will get a 3rd for Carr) to get Foley.

Deberg_1990 02-01-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9369703)
This fanbase loves their BBQ

Bullshit
Backup
Quarterbacks

I dont know if they truly love backup QBs.....but they have been conditioned to think "play the safe choice" Which means play a QB who can basically just get you to the playoffs.

Keeps the tailgates goin, the BBQs lit, the beer flowin and my Sundays are happy.....WooHoo!

O.city 02-01-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9369708)
I think Reid would like to have his own guy, the problem is are any of the QBs really going to project to be a franchise QB. We can wish it is the case, but it does not make it so. I still hope we take Geno Smith, but I can see Reid going a different direction to hedge his bet.

I think he will trade for Foley OR get Smith if the 49ers release him, which I really don't think will happen. Someone is going to step up and give the 49ers a 2nd rounder for Smith.

Foley is not the kind of QB which will work in Chips offense. So I could see the Chiefs trading the conditional 3rd round (I assume they will get a 3rd for Carr) to get Foley.

First off, you can't trade comp picks. It would have to be the first pick in the third round.

Secondly, you're wrong. Atleast one of these guys will be a franchise QB. Dunno which one, but chances are one will be.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9369685)
Parker: the vocal minority on this site wants Geno. About 20-30 people. The board is actually split on the topic.

Me: huh? That's not true.

Parker: ummm, yeah it is.

Me: posts poll where it shows how this site wants Geno Smith almost unanimously.

Parker: I was right.

???

How many of those people that vote "yes" for Geno have actually posted in the Geno thread?

The answer? 20-30.

You manage to get 145 votes "for". And yet those people don't care enough to actually participate in the discussion.

I guaran-damn-tee you if you posted a "would you be ok with Alex Smith" poll, you'd get 3:1 "for".

Most people, while leaning one way or the other, just simply DON'T CARE that much.

BossChief 02-01-2013 09:00 AM

Mankind is a qb for the eagles?

htismaqe 02-01-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9369708)

Foley?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_O1p5dF-Rlv.../MattFoley.jpg

BossChief 02-01-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9369721)
How many of those people that vote "yes" for Geno have actually posted in the Geno thread?

The answer? 20-30.

You manage to get 145 votes "for". And yet those people don't care enough to actually participate in the discussion.

I guaran-damn-tee you if you posted a "would you be ok with Alex Smith" poll, you'd get 3:1 "for".

Most people, while leaning one way or the other, just simply DON'T CARE that much.

Not even close.

I'd be surprised if yes got 30% of the votes.

Post the poll, let's find out.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9369736)
Not even close.

I'd be surprised if yes got 30% of the votes.

Post the poll, let's find out.

I didn't add any qualifiers, like "either draft a QB or Smith".

I simply said "would you be OK with Alex Smith".

The number would likely be much higher than if you added a qualifier.

I really don't care one way or another but you're dramatically underestimating the fail that has infected this fanbase.

BossChief 02-01-2013 09:14 AM

We are talking about cp, right?...not the reeruned fanbase.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-01-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9369762)
We are talking about cp, right?...not the reeruned fanbase.

Exactly. Geno is an overwhelming favorite here. If I was talk about how much I like Joeckel as a prospect it, Id have to preface the statement with "now I'd still take Geno no. 1, but".... otherwise neg rep bombs

ncCHIEFfan 02-01-2013 09:24 AM

This fan base should be ok with any "veteran" QB not currently on the Chief's roster. However, that does not change the fact that Geno Smith (at least for now) is the best option at the #1 pick of the draft for the KC Chiefs.

SAUTO 02-01-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9369474)
Marshall W 69-34
James Madison W 42-12
Maryland W 31-21
Texas Tech L 49-14
Kansas State L 55-14
Syracuse L 38-14

Yea look at those shootouts.

If you are going to hurt your knees blowing him all offseason you could at least watch ALL of his games like us real fans.

where is the baylor game you were referencing?

RyFo18 02-01-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncCHIEFfan (Post 9369773)
This fan base should be ok with any "veteran" QB not currently on the Chief's roster. However, that does not change the fact that Geno Smith (at least for now) is the best option at the #1 pick of the draft for the KC Chiefs.

I like Geno Smith at #1, but I wouldn't go around calling it a "fact" that it's the best option.