ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread, Part 2 **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280658)

KC_Connection 02-10-2014 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10426648)
Agree. The difference between Embiid in and out is ridiculous.

I think Self should consider playing some zone without him. I know he hates it, but the rest of these guys aren't good enough at man to get by without Embiid. We'll just see more games like tonight otherwise.

Buehler445 02-10-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10426651)
I think Self should consider playing some zone without him. I know he hates it, but the rest of these guys aren't good enough at man to get by without Embiid. We'll just see more games like tonight otherwise.

I think Black and Traylor can hold down the middle, but the guards are going to have to do A LOT better job of keeping their guys out of the middle. Sooooo many points of rotation errors when the big man has to help.

KC_Connection 02-10-2014 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10426665)
I think Black and Traylor can hold down the middle, but the guards are going to have to do A LOT better job of keeping their guys out of the middle. Sooooo many points of rotation errors when the big man has to help.

I honestly don't know if the guards have it in them, at least to do it over an entire game. There have been so many mistakes in that area all season. We're pretty stuck here and it might take the drastic measure (at least for Self, it's drastic) of going zone.

Prison Bitch 02-11-2014 12:10 AM

This game illustrates why Self is obsessed with shutting down the lane and preventing easy buckets. The entire 2nd half and OT, Ellis and Black kept hedging out on the 3 (because they were hot from outside) and KSU kept rolling to the basket for layups. In the college game you MUST keep them throwing up long jumpers because 90% of the time they will go cold. And if not, you lose, so what. But chip shots are killers.

This is the first team he's had here that gives up easy buckets. Embiid had masked that quite a bit since he became a starter but when he's out, our post D goes to shit

Bambi 02-11-2014 12:12 AM

Almost feel Self lost this game on purpose.

Why? I suppose we're about to find out...

Chiefspants 02-11-2014 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10426706)
Almost feel Self lost this game on purpose.

Why? I suppose we're about to find out...

LOL

Pants 02-11-2014 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 10426725)
LOL

I love the guy, but the things that come out of his mouth sometimes... LMAO

ArrowheadHawk 02-11-2014 08:05 AM

Game over, time to move on. Take care of business and wrap this conference up, it just got a little bit tighter.

Bearcat 02-11-2014 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10426705)
This game illustrates why Self is obsessed with shutting down the lane and preventing easy buckets. The entire 2nd half and OT, Ellis and Black kept hedging out on the 3 (because they were hot from outside) and KSU kept rolling to the basket for layups. In the college game you MUST keep them throwing up long jumpers because 90% of the time they will go cold. And if not, you lose, so what. But chip shots are killers.

This is the first team he's had here that gives up easy buckets. Embiid had masked that quite a bit since he became a starter but when he's out, our post D goes to shit

Exactly.

Prison Bitch 02-11-2014 08:20 AM

Also, Andrew's shooting is becoming a huge concern. He had those 2 games where he went off, I believe KSU and Iowa State but outside of that he is not hitting anything lately. I read recently he's shooting 23% off the dribble which is terrible. If we took out his layups and dunks he'd be about 30-35% from the floor. I don't see how anyone could trust him to score efficiently for 6 straight games in March. It's almost inconceivable at this time.

KC_Connection 02-11-2014 08:21 AM

Even without his shot, Wiggins can get to the line at will (as he showed last night again with 15 FTs). Not worried about his ability to score.

TambaBerry 02-11-2014 08:28 AM

We just missed Traylor big time last night, also we didnt see enough of Landon Lucas. I have no idea what this guy has to do to get playing time.

Prison Bitch 02-11-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10426886)
Even without his shot, Wiggins can get to the line at will (as he showed last night again with 15 FTs). Not worried about his ability to score.

His ability to score efficiently should scare the crap out of you. He took an enormous amount of shots last nite (both from the field and the FT line) to score so few points in an OT loss.

sedated 02-11-2014 08:43 AM

I can't help but think the defense suffered not only because of Embiid's lack of minutes but because Tharpe and Greene played so many minutes. They are both below average defenders on the perimeter.

KC_Connection 02-11-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10426910)
His ability to score efficiently should scare the crap out of you. He took an enormous amount of shots last nite (both from the field and the FT line) to score so few points in an OT loss.

Wiggins has scored efficiently all season precisely because he can get to the line at will and he makes his FTs at a high clip. His production would be the last thing I'm worried about on this team right now.