ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs CHIEFS ***OFFICIALLY*** SIGN TYLER BRAY (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272676)

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-31-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9847564)
If this dude gets his head on straight...he can be scary good. Future could be bright in KC.

Even though he's rough, he's already flashing.

Tribal Warfare 07-31-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9847488)
Bray must have been told to quit tweeting everything he is doing throughout the day.

Hasn't said shit since returning to KC.

taking this opportunity seriously and honing his craft.

ptlyon 07-31-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9847750)
taking this opportunity seriously and honing his craft.

Bet he is since he hasn't seen his gf since he left for camp.

EDIT: oh I thought you said shaft

RealSNR 07-31-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9847645)
right again! Bray is soooo much better than Osweiler! KC is gonna dominate! :thumb:

Osweiler was an erratic and inaccurate QB in college.

He had an arm and size. And an "attitude" whatever the **** that means.

Good luck making a QB out of him. Those guys never ****ing work out.

Doesn't mean Bray is much better off, but at least he could occasionally connect right on the button on long throws.

DJ's left nut 07-31-2013 12:55 PM

Bray fans - he's presently terrible.

I watched him on Monday and a friend of mine went out on Tuesday and came back with the same reports. Tyler Bray doesn't belong on the same field with Smith or even Daniel right now. He has no understanding of the offense and his mechanics are just brutally terrible.

I desperately want the guy to succeed and in the end I think he will, but he is so so so very far away.

He was doing shit you'd yell at HS quarterbacks for doing out there. The worst I saw was on a swing pass he didn't move his lower body at all. He dropped back, hit his drop, stepped forward turned his shoulders 75 degrees to the rest of his body and threw the ball straight at the RBs feet. It was the staggeringly awful. No lower body movement at all - just a spike straight into the dirt. I'm not sure if I'm rooting for lazy or stupid there, but it was one of the two that led to that kind of piss-poor effort.

And it wasn't much different for anything else he did on Monday. He clearly looks the part (he could easily see the field on his drop backs) and on a throw or two in the individual drills he looked very good. But in team drills and full contact drills, there was little/no separation between his performance and Stanzi's. I can't overstate just how bad he was out there.

You guys need to slow down on Tyler Bray. He's incapable of winning football games at this level right now. The talents there, but I was shocked at just how far he has to go before he even reaches below average.

Tribal Warfare 07-31-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9847969)

We will find out, this is the first "horrid" outing report thus far since we've been hearing he's been getting better in each practice. We will find out this preseason where he's at.

DJ's left nut 07-31-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9847979)
We will find out, this is the first "horrid" outing report thus far since we've been hearing he's been getting better in each practice. We will find out this preseason where he's at.

I wasn't at the Tuesday practice where he got pretty good reviews, my friend just wasn't impressed by him. But on Monday, he was brutal.

Pre-season games will tell us a lot. But like I said, you fellas know I'm a fan of Brays and have been for awhile. I was stunned by how green the kid was.

I wanted to be in awe of him. And when I stood behind the line and watched the plays, I understood why coaches are so enamored of height in their QBs - it really was amazing how much easier he could see the field than Daniel and even Smith - he just didn't seem to know what to do with what he saw.

There are skills there, but don't be surprised if he looks like shit on a fair occasion. There are a ton of warts there as well.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-31-2013 01:05 PM

First bad report I have read on Bray.

Thanks for your opinion.

DJ's left nut 07-31-2013 01:53 PM

As an aside (and because I don't feel like posting a new thread about it), Knile Davis looked freakin' outstanding. He runs with outstanding power and balance. I don't think he's all that shifty, but when he saw a seam he hit it and with authority.

I saw a fumble, but I don't know if it was him that was carrying. I don't think it was; it's tough to keep track of who's on the field all the time.

And I also saw one of the strangest things I've ever seen on a football field. On the first play of contact STs play, Travis Kelce rocked Colquitt. It would've been a late hit even if it wasn't a practice. Kelce literally power dropped the guy; picked him and drove him into the ground. Odder still was the fact that he hesitated before he did it...then did it anyway. Needless to say, Reid got in his ear and then another coach I didn't recognize did the same. I couldn't for the life of me understand what he was thinking there.

Titty Meat 07-31-2013 02:06 PM

DJ is the first to report that Bray has looked awful

Dante84 07-31-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9848166)
As an aside (and because I don't feel like posting a new thread about it), Knile Davis looked freakin' outstanding. He runs with outstanding power and balance. I don't think he's all that shifty, but when he saw a seam he hit it and with authority.

I saw a fumble, but I don't know if it was him that was carrying. I don't think it was; it's tough to keep track of who's on the field all the time.

And I also saw one of the strangest things I've ever seen on a football field. On the first play of contact STs play, Travis Kelce rocked Colquitt. It would've been a late hit even if it wasn't a practice. Kelce literally power dropped the guy; picked him and drove him into the ground. Odder still was the fact that he hesitated before he did it...then did it anyway. Needless to say, Reid got in his ear and then another coach I didn't recognize did the same. I couldn't for the life of me understand what he was thinking there.

CUT HIS ASS!

NO ONE ****S WITH THE COLQUITT.

NO
ONE.

Fritz88 07-31-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9847969)

I watched him on Monday and a friend of mine went out on Tuesday and came back with the same reports. Tyler Bray doesn't belong on the same field with Smith or even Daniel right now. He has no understanding of the offense and his mechanics are just brutally terrible.

I desperately want the guy to succeed and in the end I think he will, but he is so so so very far away.

He was doing shit you'd yell at HS quarterbacks for doing out there. The worst I saw was on a swing pass he didn't move his lower body at all. He dropped back, hit his drop, stepped forward turned his shoulders 75 degrees to the rest of his body and threw the ball straight at the RBs feet. It was the staggeringly awful. No lower body movement at all - just a spike straight into the dirt. I'm not sure if I'm rooting for lazy or stupid there, but it was one of the two that led to that kind of piss-poor effort.

And it wasn't much different for anything else he did on Monday. He clearly looks the part (he could easily see the field on his drop backs) and on a throw or two in the individual drills he looked very good. But in team drills and full contact drills, there was little/no separation between his performance and Stanzi's. I can't overstate just how bad he was out there.

You guys need to slow down on Tyler Bray. He's incapable of winning football games at this level right now. The talents there, but I was shocked at just how far he has to go before he even reaches below average.

Thanks DJ. Your report does put things in perspective.

The guy has the talents, he needs time. I hope he can make the team.

DJ's left nut 07-31-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9848256)
Thanks DJ. Your report does put things in perspective.

The guy has the talents, he needs time. I hope he can make the team.

He'll make the team. Like I said, the talent was unquestionably there but it only really flashed in the individual drills. I'd be shocked if the guy doesn't make the team.

And maybe I just caught him on a bad day.

I really hope that's all it is because I still have very high hopes for the guy. I was more excited about watching him perform on Monday than anyone else there. We followed the QB group all around the field(s) so we could get as good a look as possible on them. He just didn't have it.

The O-Line got abused for most of the day, so that may have had something to do with it. Smith and even Daniel are going to be a little more accustomed to the maelstrom of an NFL game. Perhaps they were just a little less rattled than Bray was.

RealSNR 07-31-2013 02:26 PM

One problem with going by training camp reports alone without preseason action:

The reporters (the bloggers, journalists, etc.) don't know anything, or are biased in their coverage.

I'm glad to have DJ's report on Bray. I'm still excited to watch him play in preseason, and I still think Buttchin sucks dick. But the same criticisms and caveats we were all talking about with Bray during draft talk and also after he immediately signed with us appear to still be a huge gaping issue. The positive reports from camp about all the pretty throws he made shouldn't be tossed out the window, but they shouldn't be the only thing we examine when trying to evaluate what Bray can really potentially do.

ChiefRocka 07-31-2013 02:27 PM

Kelce is a badass! I like him...