ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

aturnis 01-24-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10391681)
You must have a really noisy house - do you turn the TV up to 100 so that you can hear everything that is going on in your games?

I do turn it up quite a bit. You must not have kids? 3yr old don't stop for anything. Then girls, don't get me started. Get them cackling and the don't stop.

aturnis 01-24-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10391708)
I think I've got you beat. I have 4 kids, a wife, 2 dogs, a cat, 6 lizards, & 2 fish. I had more fish but one of the guys that is still alive ate like 4 of them. ****er.

Is it an Oscar? B/c **** Oscars.

Mr. Plow 01-24-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10391726)
I do turn it up quite a bit. You must not have kids? 3yr old don't stop for anything. Then girls, don't get me started. Get them cackling and the don't stop.

15, 8, 8, 6.....youngest is a girl.....I know the feeling. LMAO

Mr. Plow 01-24-2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10391736)
Is it an Oscar? B/c **** Oscars.

No, just a mean ass goldfish of some sort. In his life with us, he literally has killed close to 15 fish. I'm about to flush him down the toilet but I'm afraid that we'll have a sewer goldfish eating puppies or something.

aturnis 01-24-2014 04:31 PM

Nuke him. If you don't have a bomb, microwave works.

Damn that sick.

htismaqe 01-24-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10391701)
But really, what you are saying that is that if you are in a loud room and trying to give your Xbox commands it will have trouble determining your command through all the noise. That is a pretty logical flaw to anything that uses voice commands.

And hence why, for me and many others, using voice commands is an absolutely useless feature. The fundamental issue here is that the Kinect is not OPTIONAL.

I see no reason to pay a $100 premium for something I don't want and couldn't use very much even if I wanted to.

007 01-24-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10391671)
Or if your family likes to **** with you...

Imagine your wife being pissed b/c you're not helping with children and saying "Xbox off" right in the middle of an online game or boss battle almost won etc.

The real problem though, is that Xbox is going to have one he'll of a time understanding YOUR commands with all the extra noise, screaming, talking, playing going on in the background.

Hmm, maybe I should reconsider my stance. That would be fun to do to my kids when they go into not listening to my parents mode.

Don't want to clean your room? Fine. Xbox off.

007 01-24-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10391751)
And hence why, for me and many others, using voice commands is an absolutely useless feature. The fundamental issue here is that the Kinect is not OPTIONAL.

I see no reason to pay a $100 premium for something I don't want and couldn't use very much even if I wanted to.

Pretty much the main reason I don't want it. Not to mention, developers are exactly clammoring over themselves to come up with ways to use it effectively and not just as a novelty. I am not referring to using it as a TV remote either. To me, that is a completely worthless feature.

Talisman 01-24-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10391785)
Hmm, maybe I should reconsider my stance. That would be fun to do to my kids when they go into not listening to my parents mode.

Don't want to clean your room? Fine. Xbox off.

We fake my 3 yr old out all the time. She knows I can stop a Netflix show by talking to the Kinect. When we're having dinner with a show on and she won't eat, I yell out "Xbox, she's not eating." She grabs a bite right away to keep her show going.

What's funny is that most of the time we're watching something we DVR'd and the 360 isn't even on. Eventually she'll catch on.

htismaqe 01-24-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10391792)
Pretty much the main reason I don't want it. Not to mention, developers are exactly clammoring over themselves to come up with ways to use it effectively and not just as a novelty. I am not referring to using it as a TV remote either. To me, that is a completely worthless feature.

Yeah, that's a big deal actually and was mentioned in the Game Informer snippet I posted - the developers aren't stepping up to use it. If game developers aren't going to adopt it, how is it ever going to be more than just an expensive experiment?

Pitt Gorilla 01-24-2014 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talisman (Post 10391820)
We fake my 3 yr old out all the time. She knows I can stop a Netflix show by talking to the Kinect. When we're having dinner with a show on and she won't eat, I yell out "Xbox, she's not eating." She grabs a bite right away to keep her show going.

What's funny is that most of the time we're watching something we DVR'd and the 360 isn't even on. Eventually she'll catch on.

That's pretty awesome.

B_Razz 01-24-2014 11:16 PM

lol of all the people I have talked to personally love the xbox one and kinect and haven't had any issues with it so far. The kinect is pretty awesome and picks up what I say 97% of the time. All I was saying earlier is if u have a bunch of people over talking it might not work so well but usually when your having a party your socializing as well and not telling your xbox what to do. I think most of the people that have it don't bother going online to brag about it because it does exactly what it was promised to do.

aturnis 01-25-2014 12:20 AM

Again, families provide as much noise as most parties.

007 01-25-2014 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10392302)
Again, families provide as much noise as most parties.

Yeah, thats why I stuck my 360 in the basement after we got kinect for it. Got tired of hearing Kinect this and kinect that over and over.

I don't want to talk to my electronics. Same with Siri on apple products. Cute gadget for all of about 5 minutes. Then you stop giving a shit about it and wish you could get rid of it.

htismaqe 01-25-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Razz (Post 10392239)
lol of all the people I have talked to personally love the xbox one and kinect and haven't had any issues with it so far. The kinect is pretty awesome and picks up what I say 97% of the time. All I was saying earlier is if u have a bunch of people over talking it might not work so well but usually when your having a party your socializing as well and not telling your xbox what to do. I think most of the people that have it don't bother going online to brag about it because it does exactly what it was promised to do.

So what then is the excuse for all of the critics?

Is Game Informer just making shit up to bash the Xbox One?