ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Ceej 10-02-2013 11:58 AM

Will Late Night be televised?

Reerun_KC 10-02-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10040802)

I doubt it. Probably would of been if we could of joined the SEC...

Ceej 10-02-2013 12:24 PM

I thought I read somewhere that it would be carried on ESPN3.

saphojunkie 10-02-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10040802)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10040875)
I doubt it. Probably would of been if we could of joined the SEC...

Yes, it is going to be televised. You can also watch on ESPN3.

**** the SEC. Welcome to the Jayhawks leading every discussion of CBB this year.

saphojunkie 10-02-2013 12:30 PM

http://www.kuathletics.com/news/2013...924134456.aspx

Late Night men 1
LAWRENCE, Kan. - The University of Kansas men's and women's basketball teams will celebrate the beginning of the 2013-14 season at the 29th annual Late Night in the Phog Friday, Oct. 4, in Allen Fieldhouse.

The 2013 Late Night in the Phog, presented by Hy-Vee, will run from 6:30 p.m. to approximately 9:30 p.m. Admission is free; doors will open at 5:30 p.m. Seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Children, 12 and under, will not be admitted without an adult, and the Fieldhouse doors will be closed when the arena reaches capacity.

With school in session, all university parking lots will be restricted by permit only until 5 p.m., with the exception of Lot 90 located across Naismith Drive to the east, and south, of Allen Fieldhouse which will be available for public parking at 3 p.m. During the day, public parking is available in the parking garage just north of Allen Fieldhouse with hourly rates. Parking in the garage for Late Night in the Phog after 4 p.m. will be $5 per vehicle. Additionally, for those driving to Allen Fieldhouse from the north or via I-70 (exit 202), Iowa Street remains under construction from Harvard Ave., north of 15th Street (or Bob Billings) to 19th Street.

As is the tradition at Late Night, fans are encouraged to bring nonperishable food items, which Kansas Athletics will donate to "Just Food" of Douglas County. Just Food will also be outside Allen Fieldhouse taking cash donations for those not able to bring a food item.

Time Warner Cable's Metro Sports will oversee the television production of Late Night in the Phog which will be seen live on the Jayhawk TV Network, including ESPN3. Television hosts will be Nate Bukaty and former men's basketball guard Greg Gurley. The entire Late Night in the Phog can be seen and heard via the internet via Jayhawk Digital Passport, KU's online network via KUAthletics.com. Additionally, 610 Sports Radio in Kansas City and KLWN Radio in Lawrence will provide coverage of the festivities.

The event will feature music by the KU pep band, skits by both basketball teams, video highlights from KU's award-winning Rock Chalk Video department, coach and player introductions, scrimmages by the KU men's and women's teams, and much more.

Requests for Sign Language Interpreting during Late Night festivities should be directed to Kim Bates at kimbates@ku.edu. Requests must be submitted to Bates no later than Sept. 30.

KUAthletics.com: The official online source for Kansas Athletics, Williams Education Fund contributions, tickets, merchandise, multimedia, photos and much, much more.

Bambi 10-02-2013 12:34 PM

KU's 3rd tier lone network already paying off in spades.

Already this season living in NYC I've been able to view all the football games and now late night. This has never happened before.

Also the exhibition games I'm reading will be televised which is also a first.

This is the model of the future of televised college sports.

Getting carriers to pick up a network on cable subscription is costly. See the problems the Longhorn Network is having. Going to be interested to see if all carriers jump on to the SEC network...

With KU you worry about nothing, see everything

Prison Bitch 10-02-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10040929)

Already this season living in NYC I've been able to view all the football games and now late night. This has never happened before.

Getting carriers to pick up a network on cable subscription is costly. See the problems the Longhorn Network is having. Going to be interested to see if all carriers jump on to the SEC network...

I think it's wonderful you and te other 40 Kansas fans in NY will be able to see it. But you have to feel badly for the 200,000 folks in the state who won't now. Man what a dumb deal by Shea. He will be getting roasted all winter for doing this to his own base.

HolyHandgernade 10-02-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10040952)
I think it's wonderful you and te other 40 Kansas fans in NY will be able to see it. But you have to feel badly for the 200,000 folks in the state who won't now. Man what a dumb deal by Shea. He will be getting roasted all winter for doing this to his own base.

You might be surprised how many KU fans live outside the state/metro area. I'm sure this is an evolving process, but, that money doesn't just magically come in. They're not paying big bucks for it "just because". I'm sure in the near future, the accessibility will grow.

Prison Bitch 10-02-2013 01:39 PM

The deal was a way for Time Warner to pay KU to get content that will prevent more local cable Subscriber losses. Period. Nothing more. They bought exclusive content. The explanations about nationwide distribution is nonsense and meant to obscure the obvious.

Bambi 10-02-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10040952)

If you can't figure out how to hook up espn 3 to your tv then you're helpless.

saphojunkie 10-02-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10041505)

It will probably be blacked out in that area, though.

chiefqueen 10-02-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10040929)

In this part of the country we hate it. This "Jayhawk Network" is nothing more than an attempt by Time Warner Cable to keep people from dropping them altogether once Google Fiber has been connected in their neighborhood. Since the "Jayhawk Network" has been formed (more than 3 months ago) only one contract with a cable company has been signed and that was in SW KS. Time Warner IMO has NO DESIRE to negotiate with other Cable providers (and certainly not Google Fiber).

chiefqueen 10-02-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10041523)
It will probably be blacked out in that area, though.

KU programming will be blacked out throughout KS & in the KC metro area, he's fine in NYC.

Silock 10-02-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10041505)

Not all providers carry espn3. So, it's not a matter of smarts. It's a matter of simple in accessibility.

Pablo 10-02-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10041549)
Not all providers carry espn3. So, it's not a matter of smarts. It's a matter of simple in accessibility.

And for this I am thankful for XBox Live.