ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

Direckshun 04-20-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9607783)
I'm sure when Reid is fired in 8 years, Hunt will cite his bullshit handling of the '13 off-season.

Swap the names out and I'm sure you were saying the same thing in 2009.

RealSNR 04-20-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9607904)
I just hope this goes up in flames, they keep albert, end up trading with Miami anyway and drop to 12, and draft basically anybody who isn't a left tackle.

(course that ain't happening, but i can dream)

That would be interesting, because Dorsey's purported final four of Joeckel, Fisher, Jordan, and Geno Smith would most likely all be gone, but there would still be the chance that Geno would remain.

I can't think of any greater "put up or shut up" moment for that "BPA" draft philosophy bullshit that gets pedaled by Dorsey/Reid like Pioli and the Patriot Way. Props to them if they actually DO stick to the board at that point and draft Geno. If they don't, they're lying frauds.

Direckshun 04-20-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9607871)
@PFCentral: Dolphins Only Offering Third Round Pick For Albert http://t.co/uI4AnrK6hg

I will pass on that.

Albert for a 2nd is already a deal. He's a franchise LT.

That's 1st round value, which we're offering for a one-round discount because of the contract you'll have to sign him to.

I am not taking a 3rd for Albert. I will keep him on the tag, keep trying to sign him, and threaten to tag him in 2014 if I have to. Worked on Bowe, did it not?

Of course, that means the 1st overall would be a far more difficult selection for me. I still don't want Jordan there, the Chiefs still don't like Geno, and both tackles now are probably going to play RT for at least 1 year, maybe more if I legitimately sign Albert.

I personally would just take Geno. But I don't know anymore.

ILChief 04-20-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9607910)

Joeckel is considered by many as the best player in the draft. Jackson was considered by no one to be a top 3 player

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-20-2013 03:39 PM

Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki 3h

Hearing #Dolphins & Brandon Albert are negotiating a new contract. Dolphins would send one of their two second rounders to #Chiefs.

Might be a Q

Hammock Parties 04-20-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9607938)
Joeckel is considered by many as the best player in the draft. Jackson was considered by no one to be a top 3 player

And picking both of them resulted/results in basically 0 improvement for the team, especially relative to the draft position.

Bowser 04-20-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9607941)
Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki 3h

Hearing #Dolphins & Brandon Albert are negotiating a new contract. Dolphins would send one of their two second rounders to #Chiefs.

Might be a Q

A second round pick for a franchise player. We SHOULD get both of their second rounders. We're essentially taking it in the ass here, especially considering this move will force us to take Joeckel/Fisher at 1.1.

Direckshun 04-20-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9607946)
A second round pick for a franchise player. We SHOULD get both of their second rounders. We're essentially taking it in the ass here, especially considering this move will force us to take Joeckel/Fisher at 1.1.

Nah, a 2nd rounder is fair value.

Ideally we'd land the 2a. If we land a 2b, I hope we soften the blow with an additional low-rounder.

Direckshun 04-20-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9607938)

How does that respond to my argument, exactly?

DeezNutz 04-20-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9607910)

'09 in a vacuum didn't get Pioli fired. His steadfast commitment to it, however...

And if he weren't such an insecure one who sucks the penis, he'd still be with KC anyway.

Bowser 04-20-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9607950)
Nah, a 2nd rounder is fair value.

Ideally we'd land the 2a. If we land a 2b, I hope we soften the blow with an additional low-rounder.

On that note, aren't we SUPPOSED to get a first rounder for a franchise player if he's traded, or am I missing something? We got a first and a third for Jared Allen, afterall....

Direckshun 04-20-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9607959)
'09 in a vacuum didn't get ***** fired. His steadfast commitment to it, however...

What was the other option? Bailing on Jackson quickly out of the gate?

The stunningly underachieving Jackson put him in a no-win situation.

Jackson put ***** in the crosshairs. Those crosshairs lifted in the 2010 playoff season, but Todd Haley's epic meltdown and the Crennel cluster**** sealed it.

No one draft pick helps, but Jackson was not exactly the straw that broke the camel's back. He was the anvil weighing down the camel in the first place.

DeezNutz 04-20-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9607963)
What was the other option? Bailing on Jackson quickly out of the gate?

The stunningly underachieving Jackson put him in a no-win situation.

Jackson put ***** in the crosshairs. Those crosshairs lifted in the 2010 playoff season, but Todd Haley's epic meltdown and the Crennel cluster**** sealed it.

No one draft pick helps, but Jackson was not exactly the straw that broke the camel's back. He was the anvil weighing down the camel in the first place.

Really talking Cassel with my previous post, not Jackson.

In hindsight, though, it's more than fair to say that Pioli was the perfect storm of GM ineptitude.

Direckshun 04-20-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9607960)
On that note, aren't we SUPPOSED to get a first rounder for a franchise player if he's traded, or am I missing something? We got a first and a third for Jared Allen, afterall....

Jared Allen was a Top 3 DE under a different CBA. His value was sky high.

You're telling the Dolphins that you want a 1st round pick for Albert.

Albert's going to be pretty (very) expensive. He does apparently have durability concerns. And he's six-to-eight years older than the guy you maybe want in the 1st.

If you want to get Albert out the door, a 2nd rounder is a fair discount that can help the team longterm, ostensibly.

MagicHef 04-20-2013 03:59 PM

The Broncos got two second rounders from the Dolphins for noted headcase Brandon Marshall.

Just in case you were wondering.