ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

kingme20 12-31-2012 03:27 AM

Don't Get mad at me ..

Mike Glennon, North Carolina State Plays today vs Vanderbilt at 12:00PM ESPN

We Might be looking at the Next Matt Ryan

RealSNR 12-31-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingme20 (Post 9257231)
Don't Get mad at me ..

We Might be looking at the Next Brock Osweiler

FYP

Bewbies 12-31-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Don't Get mad at me ..

Life is tough. Life is tougher when you're a ****ing dumb ****.

Molitoth 12-31-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Don't Get mad at me ..

Sweet, I can't wait to see him light up that stiff competition.

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9257304)
FYP

You're actually pretty close SNR.

If you want to know who the guy that Glennon reminds me of in college it's Ricky Stanzi.

Big arm, good football IQ, decent release and corrected some early college career inaccuracies to a point, but still struggles to make good throws down range and tends to get nervous when the game is put into his hands and that will force him to make bad decisions with the ball.

This Mike Glennon in the first round bullshit is, not to be redundant but...bullshit.

If not for the fact that he's 6'6" and is relatively athletic with a big arm, there would be no discussion of Glennon until the later part of the third round at best.

I mean, if this guy passes up Tyler Bray, Ryan Nassib and EJ Manuel, let alone Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson and Geno Smith, that should be a definite "you just got your pink slip moment" for the GM that pulls that trigger.

I'm still amazed how much authority and weight is given to guys like Kiper and McShay and Mayock. I swear that they just pick a dude to prop up simply to show people how much power and sway they have over the uneducated masses of football fans.

I think Brad Sorensen of shitty Southern Utah is a better NFL prospect than Glennon.

notorious 12-31-2012 09:34 AM

How did Geno do in his bowl game?

I didn't get to watch.

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9257761)
How did Geno do in his bowl game?

I didn't get to watch.

16/24
197 yards
2 TDs
0 Ints
163.1 QB rating

In a blizzard with stong winds.

Bowser 12-31-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9257768)
16/24
197 yards
2 TDs
0 Ints
166.7 QB rating

We should take him in the fourth, and take Manti T'eo first overall.

/knuckle dragging mouthbreathers

notorious 12-31-2012 09:39 AM

Stats are stats.

Did his arm and accuracy look good in the wind?

Molitoth 12-31-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9257784)
Stats are stats.

he missed a few throws he should've made.
he made some great throws/reads.
he barely passed the ball due to the gameplan/weather.

It was typical slants/screens that WV runs to open up the big play. The defense actually game planned against the big play, so Geno only took a shot downfield a couple of times.

Morons were expecting Geno to throw for 400 yards and 5 td's in bad weather to justify drafting him over a OL or MLB in the draft so there was much dissapoint.

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9257768)
16/24
197 yards
2 TDs
0 Ints
163.1 QB rating

In a blizzard with stong winds.

Wow sac....haha.

I love the "in a blizzard with strong winds" qualifier.

What is so difficult about saying he is a good prospect that had a bad game? Why can't you give him a decent analysis of what happened rather than posting some irrelevant stats that don't even begin to tell the story?

Molitoth 12-31-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9258290)
Wow sac....haha.

What is so difficult about saying he is a good prospect that had a bad game? Why can't you give him a decent analysis of what happened rather than posting some irrelevant stats that don't even begin to tell the story?

Detox,

As much as you can argue that the weather had nothing to do with the game, you can argue that it did.

If affected the entire offensive gameplan. Geno's big sell is that he can toss the deep ball very accurately. This is NOT happening when the weather is detrimental to this style of play.

Granted, the safteys Geno took were on him and yes he did have a bad game to his standards.

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9257784)
Stats are stats.

You wanna REALLY know how he did?

He struggled at times and looked good at times. There were moments where you could see his eyes and head run through his progressions like an all pro. Those would be accompanied by moments in which he locked onto one receiver. There were times when he got rid of the ball quickly, and there were times when he held the ball too long. He had a ball or two that were perfectly placed get dropped, and he had a few balls where he completely misfired.

He struggled to find any consistency at all. Im sure the weather and coaching played a part in it, but they alone are not the reason he struggled so much.

He took TWO sacks for safties. It's not just the fact that he took two sacks like that, it's the fact that he took them JUST as the WV was gaining momentum. One came after the defense forced a turnover. He also fumbled a center/QB exchange. His Lone big play came on pass where the defender slipped and fell. To his credit, he also had a short slant that went the distance, but was called back due to a penalty.

Despite all that, he still showed off his impressive accuracy, quick release and above avg athleticism.

THAT is the truth.

Reaper16 12-31-2012 10:57 AM

The wind certainly affected even Geno's throws to the sidelines and hashes. The wind caused a couple of screen passes to sail high. It caused a couple of sideline passes to cut short of the receiver.

To me, some of that is still on Geno. One of the few true question marks in Geno's game to me is top-end arm strength. He's a QB who is in love with the touch and accuracy he passes with, so he rarely (if ever) muscles a bullet somewhere. Some of those short throws in the Pinstripe Bowl were because Geno didn't throw hard enough to account for the wind.

NFL coverages are going to dictate that Geno sometimes really zip a ball into a small window. He can't rely solely on his touch. From everything I've seen in games, I think Geno has the arm strength to succeed at a high level in the NFL.

So I'm pretty eagerly anticipating Geno pro days, where he's going to be made to put some mustard on the ball.

El Jefe 12-31-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Wow sac....haha.

I agree with you 100%, we have seen eye to eye on this subject.

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Wow sac....haha.

He didn't have a bad game.

His defense had an atrocious game.

His offensive line had a very bad game.

He made the throws he needed to make in adverse weather conditions.

He had receivers drop balls that hit them directly in the chest. He had a corner route in the end zone where the ball was perfectly thrown but the receivers got tangled up in trying to set a pick on the route. He threw a tight sideline ball for a first down but had the receiver simply stopped on the route.

As someone said, due to the inclement weather conditions, this was a game that was going to be won by the team with the best running game and best defense. It was. There was no way that you were going to see either team going downfield. The footing was atrocious, the ball slick and there was heavy snow and heavy winds.

Ryan Nassib had a substantially worse day as a passing QB than Geno did and Nassib is a potential borderline first rounder as well that holds nearly every Syracuse passing record.

I'm sorry if you can't figure all this out and see that for all things considered, Geno had a decent day. It was far from a bad game.

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9258341)
He took TWO sacks for safties. It's not just the fact that he took two sacks like that, it's the fact that he took them JUST as the WV was gaining momentum. One came after the defense forced a turnover. He also fumbled a center/QB exchange. His Lone big play came on pass where the defender slipped and fell. To his credit, he also had a short slant that went the distance, but was called back due to a penalty.

Despite all that, he still showed off his impressive accuracy, quick release and above avg athleticism.

THAT is the truth.

The first safety was a jail break blitz with four defenders in the backfield from three directions almost immediately. Probably should have audibled a run right there, but I don't know if that's on the coach or him. But he wasn't getting away from that sack.

The second safety should have been a 15 yard personal foul on the Syracuse defensive lineman. Geno was moving to the left and had open space and a blocker in front of him. The Syracuse lineman intentionally leg whipped him and brought him down.

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9258546)
He didn't have a bad game.

He made the throws he needed to make in adverse weather conditions.

You are ****ing reeruned. Even SNR, the biggest Geno Homer on this board would admit he had a bad game.

:facepalm: Anyone with a set of eyes could see he had a bad game. The mere fact that you cant even give an honest evaluation speaks volumes.

FishingRod 12-31-2012 11:35 AM

16/24
197 yards
2 TDs
0 Ints
163.1 QB rating

I dream of the day when a Chiefs QB calls that a bad game.

Chiefnj2 12-31-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9258564)
The first safety was a jail break blitz with four defenders in the backfield from three directions almost immediately. Probably should have audibled a run right there, but I don't know if that's on the coach or him. But he wasn't getting away from that sack.

The second safety should have been a 15 yard personal foul on the Syracuse defensive lineman. Geno was moving to the left and had open space and a blocker in front of him. The Syracuse lineman intentionally leg whipped him and brought him down.

Geno should have noticed the blitz on the first safety. His right side was overloaded.

Geno should not have been in the endzone on the 2nd safety. The ball started on the 9 or 10 yard line. He had time, yet he kept drifting back and back. Did the ref miss the trip - yes. But it still doesn't excuse Geno's failure to know where he was and his inability to throw the ball away.

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9258570)
You are ****ing reeruned. Even SNR, the biggest Geno Homer on this board would admit he had a bad game.

:facepalm: Anyone with a set of eyes could see he had a bad game. The mere fact that you cant even give an honest evaluation speaks volumes.

You're ****ing reeruned if you can't figure conditions into the equation.

16/24 (numerous drops, including a drive killing third down that hit the receiver right in the middle of the chest)
197 yards
2 TDs (with another called back due to a penalty)
0 Ints
163.1 rating

In heavy snow and wind.

And that's a bad game?

What was your opinion of Nassib then, if you don't mind me asking?

Imon Yourside 12-31-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingRod (Post 9258585)
16/24
197 yards
2 TDs
0 Ints
163.1 QB rating

I dream of the day when a Chiefs QB calls that a bad game.

same, Mannings QB rating was like 142(That's what Holtus stated) yesterday.

Chiefnj2 12-31-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9258604)
same, Mannings QB rating was like 142(That's what Holtus stated) yesterday.

You realize that college ratings and pro ratings are two completely different things?

Imon Yourside 12-31-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9258611)
You realize that college ratings and pro ratings are two completely different things?

Actually I didn't know that, how much different are they? Better yet, what would Geno's QB rating have been in the NFL?

Molitoth 12-31-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9258595)
Geno should have noticed the blitz on the first safety. His right side was overloaded.

Geno should not have been in the endzone on the 2nd safety. The ball started on the 9 or 10 yard line. He had time, yet he kept drifting back and back. Did the ref miss the trip - yes. But it still doesn't excuse Geno's failure to know where he was and his inability to throw the ball away.

I will agree with you here.
I love the potential of Geno, and he has been stellar this year... but Geno did not have a good game in the Pinstripe Bowl.

Given that, for the people who are judging him based on that game alone.... they are fucking idiots.

Pin Head 12-31-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9228049)
I'm curious as to how many "reads" some of you think a QB has once the ball is snapped?

Geno and his pals got their asses kicked by a so-so Syracuse team in their bowl game. His short and mid range accuracy needs a lot of work. So does his pocket presence and progressions.

He's going to be another Akili Smith or David Carr.

Chiefnj2 12-31-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9258615)
Actually I didn't know that, how much different are they? Better yet, what would Geno's QB rating have been in the NFL?

http://www.primecomputing.com/

His rating still would have been very good - 120 range.

Imon Yourside 12-31-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9258642)
http://www.primecomputing.com/

His rating still would have been very good - 120 range.

Methinks our QB's were about half that for the year, and that was Geno's worst game of the year. I know apples to oranges college to NFL but Geno seems like the sure fire choice for #1.

Molitoth 12-31-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9258639)
Geno and his pals got their asses kicked by a so-so Syracuse team in their bowl game. His short and mid range accuracy needs a lot of work. So does his pocket presence and progressions.

He's going to be another Akili Smith or David Carr.

Another dumbfuck. Negged.

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9258595)

Yes it was, however, there was also immediate penetration by the defense on the left side as well as the middle. Like I said, he wasn't going to get out of that sack. That's more on the line than anyone, though an audible should have been called for a run once the blitz was shown.

However, Syracuse is a very good blitz defense and does a good job of disguising when they are blitzing and what players are coming upfield. They were 10th in the FBS division in tackles for loss without having any high level/marquee players on their defense.

Quote:

Geno should not have been in the endzone on the 2nd safety. The ball started on the 9 or 10 yard line. He had time, yet he kept drifting back and back. Did the ref miss the trip - yes. But it still doesn't excuse Geno's failure to know where he was and his inability to throw the ball away
He had an open running lane to the left with a blocker in front and was moving in that direction when the leg whip occured. The defensive player was contained and wasn't going to make the tackle on Smith. If you want to blame that safety on Geno, then you go right ahead, but it was still an illegal leg whip that brought him down for the safety.

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9258598)
You're ****ing reeruned if you can't figure conditions into the equation.

16/24 (numerous drops, including a drive killing third down that hit the receiver right in the middle of the chest)
197 yards
2 TDs (with another called back due to a penalty)
0 Ints
163.1 rating

In heavy snow and wind.

And that's a bad game?

What was your opinion of Nassib then, if you don't mind me asking?

You keep posting his stats as if it means something. Every "bad" play he had, you have some excuse for. You add some reeruned Qualifier in there in order to make it "not Smith's fault". I can give plenty of "yeah buts" too.

You say he had a 3rd down conversion? Yeah but, he also had a 3rd down were he completely missed his WR.

He threw two TD's. Yeah but, one was on a blown coverage where the defender slipped and fell.

yeah but, yeah but, yeah but, yeah but.

WTF is so hard about crediting him for the good things he did and calling him out for his shitty play? You say he didn't have a bad game when in fact, he had his worst game of the season.

"Yeah but...it was the Weather's fault"

**** THAT.

As Gochiefs had pointed out (in defense of Geno) that he's actually played a better game in similar, snowy conditions. And as OTWP58 has pointed out, good players are suppose excel despite those shitty conditions.

Yeah but, what about Nassib?

SERIOUSLY? Who gives a **** about Nassib? Are we talking about Nassib going #1 overall? Are you comparing the #1 QB in the draft to a guy who will likely be the 4th-6th QB off the board? You think that's a valid comparison?

Yeah but....

duncan_idaho 12-31-2012 11:52 AM

I am on-board with Geno Smith. Here's why...

1) The physical tools are all there. I think his arm strength is good enough to make the throws he will need to in the NFL.
2) He already understands touch and excels at fitting second-level throws into tight windows. Much easier to learn when and how to drill it than for a game with a cannon to learn how to throw with touch (Blaine Gabbert is a great example of this).
3) It's time. No, he isn't Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III (though he is viewed about like RG3 was until the combine last year). But he is a great QB candidate and someone who will build excitement, at least. Yes, it might not work. But years of drafting "known quantities" with high picks has failed. Time to try something different.

Buckweath 12-31-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9258570)

I fear you are the one thats reeruned. All things considered, I thought Geno had a decent game.

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9258650)
Methinks our QB's were about half that for the year, and that was Geno's worst game of the year. I know apples to oranges college to NFL but Geno seems like the sure fire choice for #1.

They were.

Cassel was 66.7.

Quinn was 60.1.

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9258688)
I fear you are the one thats reeruned. All things considered, I thought Geno had a decent game.

How? What did he do exactly that made it a good game?

The only thing Geno DIDN'T do in that game was throw an INT. That qualifies it as a good game?

notorious 12-31-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

He struggled at times and looked good at times. There were moments where you could see his eyes and head run through his progressions like an all pro. Those would be accompanied by moments in which he locked onto one receiver. There were times when he got rid of the ball quickly, and there were times when he held the ball too long. He had a ball or two that were perfectly placed get dropped, and he had a few balls where he completely misfired.

He struggled to find any consistency at all. Im sure the weather and coaching played a part in it, but they alone are not the reason he struggled so much.

THAT is the truth.

Thanks.

jd1020 12-31-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9258710)
How? What did he do exactly that made it a good game?

The only thing Geno DIDN'T do in that game was throw an INT. That qualifies it as a good game?

I didn't watch the game, but... in before SS of his stat sheet. Or am I too late?

Reaper16 12-31-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9258680)
I am on-board with Geno Smith. Here's why...

1) The physical tools are all there. I think his arm strength is good enough to make the throws he will need to in the NFL.
2) He already understands touch and excels at fitting second-level throws into tight windows. Much easier to learn when and how to drill it than for a game with a cannon to learn how to throw with touch (Blaine Gabbert is a great example of this).
3) It's time. No, he isn't Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III (though he is viewed about like RG3 was until the combine last year). But he is a great QB candidate and someone who will build excitement, at least. Yes, it might not work. But years of drafting "known quantities" with high picks has failed. Time to try something different.

Yes. I think so too.

Pin Head 12-31-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9250758)
C'mon TEX, I'm seriously interested in who you think is the #1 overall pick.

You are so quick to criticize Geno for whatever reason is in your head, so quick to say he's not worth the #1 overall pick in this specific draft that you have to have an opinion on who is actually worth that pick. Especially for the Chiefs.

C'mon man...let's hear it.

In a draft devoid of high end QB talent, he's seen as valuable. And he is because of the need. Infact, the Chiefs will use their #1 overall and way overdraft for a so-so prospect. I understand that you are crazy at this point but can't continue to draft for need in the top 5. Chiefs need franchise players with those picks.

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9258671)
WTF is so hard about crediting him for the good things he did and calling him out for his shitty play? You say he didn't have a bad game when in fact, he had his worst game of the season.

The K-State game was his worst of the season.

In the Pinstripe Bowl he showed the ability to quickly go through his progressions and made some nice throws - the two outs on the far side of the field were excellent throws.

Quote:

"Yeah but...it was the Weather's fault"
It took the deep threat out of his hands, which is one of his strengths. That and Syracuse running the ball so effectively.

Quote:

**** THAT.
Whatever. You don't think that the weather played a part, then I don't know what to tell you.

Quote:

As Gochiefs had pointed out (in defense of Geno) that he's actually played a better game in similar, snowy conditions. And as OTWP58 has pointed out, good players are suppose excel despite those shitty conditions.
So, if:

16/24
197 yards
2 TDs
0 Ints
163.1 rating

is shit and his worst game, considering the conditions, what were your expectations? What did Geno have to do to meet your approval?

Quote:

Yeah but, what about Nassib?

SERIOUSLY? Who gives a **** about Nassib? Are we talking about Nassib going #1 overall? Are you comparing the #1 QB in the draft to a guy who will likely be the 4th-6th QB off the board? You think that's a valid comparison?
Because if you would rather not draft Geno with the first pick, and, say, go LT Luke Joeckel, then you are probably looking at a guy like Nassib in the second round.

And I think it's a valid comparison in the exact same game and conditions that you are judging Geno with. Nassib is a high level college QB that has set almost every single Syracuse passing record. He's accurate with a strong arm. Plus he had the support of a much better run game.

I think it's a valid comparison in an effort to see how much the weather conditions actually affected the passing game that day.

But you keep ****ing ranting on about somebody else not being able to see the "big picture." You go you.

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9258778)
In a draft devoid of high end QB talent, he's seen as valuable. And he is because of the need. Infact, the Chiefs will use their #1 overall and way overdraft for a so-so prospect. I understand that you are crazy at this point but can't continue to draft for need in the top 5. Chiefs need franchise players with those picks.

Okay, so who's that franchise player?

I'm ****ing begging you to give me the guy who is that "FRANCHISE" guy that the Chiefs should take with their #1 pick if it isn't Geno Smith.

kingme20 12-31-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9257345)
Life is tough. Life is tougher when you're a ****ing dumb ****.

how about you watch a real QB

O.city 12-31-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9258778)

So it's deviod of Qb talent, but what is tihs other high end talent you speak of.

kingme20 12-31-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9257755)
You're actually pretty close SNR.

If you want to know who the guy that Glennon reminds me of in college it's Ricky Stanzi.

dumbest thing i've ever heard , wow

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingme20 (Post 9258830)
dumbest thing i've ever heard , wow

Considering that your lifetime 21 posts contributions to this message board are borderline illiterate one sentence negativitisms solely meant to criticize a singular potential draft pick, your credibility is ****ing zero.

You're nothing but a ****ing worthless cocksucking troll. Go **** your mother.

kingme20 12-31-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9258889)
Considering that your lifetime 21 posts contributions to this message board are borderline illiterate one sentence negativitisms solely meant to criticize a singular potential draft pick, your credibility is ****ing zero.

You're nothing but a ****ing worthless cocksucking troll. Go **** your mother.

I just signed up and you seriously need help ROFLROFL

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9258781)
The K-State game was his worst of the season.

In the Pinstripe Bowl he showed the ability to quickly go through his progressions and made some nice throws - the two outs on the far side of the field were excellent throws.

It took the deep threat out of his hands, which is one of his strengths. That and Syracuse running the ball so effectively.

Whatever. You don't think that the weather played a part, then I don't know what to tell you.

So, if:

16/24
197 yards
2 TDs
0 Ints
163.1 rating

is shit and his worst game, considering the conditions, what were your expectations? What did Geno have to do to meet your approval?

Because if you would rather not draft Geno with the first pick, and, say, go LT Luke Joeckel, then you are probably looking at a guy like Nassib in the second round.

And I think it's a valid comparison in the exact same game and conditions that you are judging Geno with. Nassib is a high level college QB that has set almost every single Syracuse passing record. He's accurate with a strong arm. Plus he had the support of a much better run game.

I think it's a valid comparison in an effort to see how much the weather conditions actually affected the passing game that day.

But you keep ****ing ranting on about somebody else not being able to see the "big picture." You go you.

:facepalm:

Jesus H. Christ son.

I challenge you to find ONE post where i say we shouldn't draft Geno. ONE.

This is the shit im talking about right here. You are so up in arms and defensive over your boy, that you are making shit up and not seeing the big picture.

Im not debating with anyone on whether we should take Geno #1 Overall. I have NEVER, EVER objected taking him #1, and have certainly, NEVER, EVER suggested we take anything other than a QB 1st overall. To suggest otherwise is plain reeruned. The problem here is that if you dare question the mesiah's performance, you instantly get lumped into the group of ****tards who would rather sign Alex Smith.

I'm debating the stupid ****s that wanna say he had a good game.

You keep posting his numbers over and over again as if they give some validity to your claim, when anyone who watched the game knows otherwise.

Yes, his completion % was high. "Yeah but", he was throwing short passes the entire game, and the majority of his yardage came from YAC.

He didn't adjust well to the pressure. If he did, WV wouldn't have been 0-10 on 3rd down conversions. Syracuse brought pressure all game long. Geno was never able to make them pay for it.

"yeah but, it was the defenses fault too"

People seem to forget that it was a 12-7 game at halftime and the defense had held well AND forced turnovers. In situations like that, you expect your #1 overall to capitalize on that, not give the ball right back and completely swing the Momentum the other way.

Listen, I believe in Geno Smith. I believe he has all of the physical tools to be a great QB in the NFL.

But on Saturday, a day in which he set out to silence his critics and put some distance between he and the rest of the QB class, he fell flat on his face. He knows it too. Hence his emotional outbursts during the game. Even the talking heads mentioned it regarding the conversations they had with Geno.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-31-2012 12:29 PM

If Peeholi stays, we can kiss this shit goodbye.

Imon Yourside 12-31-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9259037)
If Peeholi stays, we can kiss this shit goodbye.

Not if his role is reduced to Janitorial duties/candy wrapper picker upper.

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9258961)
People seem to forget that it was a 12-7 game at halftime and the defense had held well AND forced turnovers. In situations like that, you expect your #1 overall to capitalize on that, not give the ball right back and completely swing the Momentum the other way.

Like getting two TD's called back for penalties?

Like a CB dropping a sure fire pick six that hit him square in the chest?

Quote:

But on Saturday, a day in which he set out to silence his critics and put some distance between he and the rest of the QB class, he fell flat on his face. He knows it too. Hence his emotional outbursts during the game. Even the talking heads mentioned it regarding the conversations they had with Geno.
Then we just see the game differently.

I saw two highly rated QB's both struggle in adverse weather conditions who normally would have put up huge offensive numbers. As far as I saw it, it was not a game where that was ever going to happen. And, again, as I saw it, Geno did what he needed to do as a QB in that situation. Asking him to go for 500 yards and four TDs in that situation is absolutely unrealistic - again, at least to me.

His emotional outburst was due to the missed leg whip call. That was a nine point swing. I'd be pissed to. But as soon as he came to the sidelines, he was calm and went right to his offensive line and tried to pump them up stating "we can get right back in this."

Unfortunately, Syracuse dominated the time of possession and defensively made West Virginia a one dimensional team - a team that had to go downfield with the pass in a game where that was virtually impossible.

But keep ****ing going nuts because I won't agree with you that Geno Smith shit down his leg, that he screwed the pooch, fell flat on his face, that he was horribad and that the numbers are completely irrelevant with zero considerations for weather conditions and that it is stupid to even bring up the performance of the other QB's performance (which was substantially worse) because he doesn't matter.

Pin Head 12-31-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 9245290)
i hate to say it, but its because he is black. people just cant f*ing look past that i guess. That would be the only reason to compare him to vick, and jamarcus like i keep seeing people do. Jesus i hate people. Anyways i cant wait to see Geno in the good old Red and gold.

Geno Smith seems like another T Jackson for that matter - though deep down inside a lot of Chiefs fans already know that Geno Smith is a Chad Pennington level prospect.

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9259133)
Like getting two TD's called back for penalties?

Like a CB dropping a sure fire pick six that hit him square in the chest?

Then we just see the game differently.

I saw two highly rated QB's both struggle in adverse weather conditions who normally would have put up huge offensive numbers. As far as I saw it, it was not a game where that was ever going to happen. And, again, as I saw it, Geno did what he needed to do as a QB in that situation. Asking him to go for 500 yards and four TDs in that situation is absolutely unrealistic - again, at least to me.

His emotional outburst was due to the missed leg whip call. That was a nine point swing. I'd be pissed to. But as soon as he came to the sidelines, he was calm and went right to his offensive line and tried to pump them up stating "we can get right back in this."

Unfortunately, Syracuse dominated the time of possession and defensively made West Virginia a one dimensional team - a team that had to go downfield with the pass in a game where that was virtually impossible.

But keep ****ing going nuts because I won't agree with you that Geno Smith shit down his leg, that he screwed the pooch, fell flat on his face, that he was horribad and that the numbers are completely irrelevant with zero considerations for weather conditions and that it is stupid to even bring up the performance of the other QB's performance (which was substantially worse) because he doesn't matter.

WV scored 14 points and you think Geno did what he needed to do to win that game? He made critical mistakes in key situations that could've changed the outcome of that game. And That's good enough? That's what a QB is suppose to do? Are you ****ing with me or something?

And I've given consideration to the weather. I'm pretty sure it wasn't even an hour ago posted it. I just don't give nearly as much weight to it as you do. No one expected a 500 yard performance, go ahead and continue making shit up though. An effecient performance woulda been nice.

And yes, it is stupid to Compare Nassib's performance to Geno's. You want to compare a 3rd round prospect to a #1 overall and act like that somehow validates Geno's game?

Yeah Nassib had a bad game. Uhm...so ****ing what? The fact that you want to compare the 4th-6th QB to be taken to Geno Smith does not do your argument any favors.

ForeverChiefs58 12-31-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9259164)
Geno Smith seems like another T Jackson for that matter - though deep down inside a lot of Chiefs fans already know that Geno Smith is a Chad Pennington level prospect.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ed%20off%20gif

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/3129441_o.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnkv4ehUK31qcn7d7.gif

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9259215)
And I've given consideration to the weather. I'm pretty sure it wasn't even an hour ago posted it. I just don't give nearly as much weight to it as you do. No one expected a 500 yard performance, go ahead and continue making shit up though. An effecient performance woulda been nice.

Like I said, if:

16/24
197 yards
2 TDs
0 Ints
163.1 rating

isn't effecient, if that's "falling flat on your face" and if you've "given consideration to the weather," and knowing that a pass TD and a run TD that Geno audibled into were called back due to penalities not caused by Geno, I'd really like to know what your expectations of an nice "efficient performance" would have been.

Seriously. I'll be waiting.

Quote:

And yes, it is stupid to Compare Nassib's performance to Geno's. You want to compare a 3rd round prospect to a #1 overall and act like that somehow validates Geno's game?

Yeah Nassib had a bad game. Uhm...so ****ing what? The fact that you want to compare the 4th-6th QB to be taken to Geno Smith does not do your argument any favors.
It is a completely valid comparison. WVU's pass defense was literally one of the very worst in college football. This is a game where Nassib should have ****ing raped them. Nassib was most likely the best passing QB that WVU saw all season long. It's not Geno versus Nassib. It's Nassib versus the WVU horrific pass defense. He should have put epic level numbers on that defense.

But, you know, he's only a borderline first rounder so his performance doesn't matter in the same exact situation, right?

SG1 12-31-2012 01:07 PM

Geno Smith is the second coming of Akili Smith.

He would be a terrible #1 pick.

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9259289)
Like I said, if:

16/24
197 yards
2 TDs
0 Ints
163.1 rating

isn't effecient, if that's "falling flat on your face" and if you've "given consideration to the weather," and knowing that a pass TD and a run TD that Geno audibled into were called back due to penalities not caused by Geno, I'd really like to know what your expectations of an nice "efficient performance" would have been.

Seriously. I'll be waiting.

It is a completely valid comparison. WVU's pass defense was literally one of the very worst in college football. This is a game where Nassib should have ****ing raped them. Nassib was most likely the best passing QB that WVU saw all season long. It's not Geno versus Nassib. It's Nassib versus the WVU horrific pass defense. He should have put epic level numbers on that defense.

But, you know, he's only a borderline first rounder so his performance doesn't matter in the same exact situation, right?

There you go with those ****ing numbers again....ROFL

It's like arguing with a drunk guy.

Molitoth 12-31-2012 01:13 PM

Geno Smith is #1 for the influence of Trolls on chiefsplanet.

Pin Head 12-31-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9258802)
Okay, so who's that franchise player?

I'm ****ing begging you to give me the guy who is that "FRANCHISE" guy that the Chiefs should take with their #1 pick if it isn't Geno Smith.

You can't be pleased unless I tell you that Geno Smith is like RG3

Well, he isn't. Not even close.

Think the Chiefs are merely a QB and a coach away from excellence? Of course you do because that's just two moves and presto "We're Good"...much like your fantasy that a good QB will turn a perrenial 2-14 bottom feeder into a contender?

The Chiefs will be picking almost as high in the 2014 draft. With Geno Smith I see a team with a 2013 season of suck and a 2014 and 2015seasons of 7-9type ball before the Chiefs realize that they need to upgrade above Smiths averageness.

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9259353)
There you go with those ****ing numbers again....ROFL

It's like arguing with a drunk guy.

Thanks for your answer.

It's exactly what I expected.

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9259471)
Thanks for your answer.

It's exactly what I expected.

you want me to argue with you, when you can't even get past his stat sheet.

You think Geno played "good enough".

Sorry, but like arguing with a drunk, it's not worth my time.

But, like most offseasons, you can sit there alone with your opinions.

fairladyZ 12-31-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9259289)
Like I said, if:

16/24
197 yards
2 TDs
0 Ints
163.1 rating

You forget about the 2 safeties, the 2 lost fumbles (even the fumble on 4th &1 from under center, he got back is still a lost fumble in my eyes as the ball went over on downs) and you STILL think he had a good game? ROFL

O.city 12-31-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9259492)
You forget about the 2 safeties, the 2 lost fumbles (even the fumble on 4th &1 from under center, he got back is still a lost fumble in my eyes as the ball went over on downs) and you STILL think he had a good game? ROFL

It didn't go ovver on downs, Syracuse called TO.

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Don't forget the 0-10 on 3rd down and 0-2 on 4th down.

It's okay though, he did everything he was suppose to do as a QB.

You're just asking for too much.

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 01:29 PM

Okay troll, I'll play...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9259457)
You can't be pleased unless I tell you that Geno Smith is like RG3

Well, he isn't. Not even close.

I know that they are not close. They are two completely different types of quarterbacks. Griffin's game relies on his legs to get him/his downfield receivers open. Smith is a pocket QB with the athleticism/mobility to make a play with his legs only when he has to. In fact, he probably trusts his arm too much at times when he could take off downfield.

Think of Griffin as a smart version of Michael Vick and Geno as an Aaron Rogers if you want the most appropos NFL comparisons.

Quote:

Think the Chiefs are merely a QB and a coach away from excellence? Of course you do because that's just two moves and presto "We're Good"...much like your fantasy that a good QB will turn a perrenial 2-14 bottom feeder into a contender?

The Chiefs will be picking almost as high in the 2014 draft. With Geno Smith I see a team with a 2013 season of suck and a 2014 and 2015seasons of 7-9type ball before the Chiefs realize that they need to upgrade above Smiths averageness.
So, Troll, I'll ask you this like I've asked most of the other trolls:

Who is your pick at #1?

If Geno Smith isn't worth the #1 pick, who is, and if it's not a QB, then how do you address the Kansas City Chiefs QB situation?

fairladyZ 12-31-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9259496)

it was 4th&1 and he fumbled the snap and fell on it.. ball went back to S.. How do you not figure it wasn't a turnover because S called a timeout? seriously?

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9259496)

I'm curious to hear other's opinions on this.

Do you think Geno had a good game?

Do you think he did enough as a QB to win that game?

I'm not asking you to evaluate Geno as a prospect. I'm asking you to evaluate that game, and tell me how it was "good".

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

It's already been addressed, stupid troll mult.

O.city 12-31-2012 01:31 PM

Good lord guys.

He made some good plays against Syracuse and he made some bad plays. Threw some good balls, stayed in the pocket a little too long at times and made the wrong pre snap reads.

It's wasn't an awful game, it wasn't a good game. It was an average game, which is fine.

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9259518)
It's already been addressed, stupid troll mult.

Yes, we know. It's everything elses fault, just not Geno's.

O.city 12-31-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9259515)
it was 4th&1 and he fumbled the snap and fell on it.. ball went back to S.. How do you not figure it wasn't a turnover because S called a timeout? seriously?

Prior to the snap, Syracuse called TO. Therefor the play didn't count.

Atlest IIRC the right play, where he actually got the first down but a TO was called.

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9259528)
Good lord guys.

He made some good plays against Syracuse and he made some bad plays. Threw some good balls, stayed in the pocket a little too long at times and made the wrong pre snap reads.

It's wasn't an awful game, it wasn't a good game. It was an average game, which is fine.

Fair enough.

It's pretty much what i stated to Notorius this morning.

Not sure why that's so difficult for saccoshit to figure out.

Instead he wants to tell notorius that he had a "good game"

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9259485)
you want me to argue with you, when you can't even get past his stat sheet.

You think Geno played "good enough".

Sorry, but like arguing with a drunk, it's not worth my time.

But, like most offseasons, you can sit there alone with your opinions.

C'mon man, don't be a pussy.

You've called Geno's performance "falling flat on his face" and expected an "efficient" game from him, all things considered.

I'd like to know what you would have thought would have been "efficient" with "all things considered."

Let's hear it, versus you trying to weasel out of it.

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

THAT is the truth.

This is it.

fairladyZ 12-31-2012 01:33 PM

If he wouldn't have hurt his team by getting 2 safeties and 2 fumbles then it WOULD have been an average game and what you SHOULD expect from the #1 rated QB in bad conditions. But the fact is he did more to hurt his team then help with his play. He made some bad throws, he made a handful of good throws. But it doesn't take back the points he cost his team with turnovers.

Geno has all the tools but what i wanted to see is if he had it mentally and he just doesn't, He has 0 situational awarness, and he cracks when things dont go his way.

O.city 12-31-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9259537)
Fair enough.

It's pretty much what i stated to Notorius this morning.

Not sure why that's so difficult for saccoshit to figure out.

Instead he wants to tell notorius that he had a "good game"

He was efficient and I don't think the playcalling helped him out much, but he made a few plays where he tried to do too much.

Molitoth 12-31-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9259516)
I'm curious to hear other's opinions on this.

Do you think Geno had a good game?

Do you think he did enough as a QB to win that game?

I'm not asking you to evaluate Geno as a prospect. I'm asking you to evaluate that game, and tell me how it was "good".

Hey Detox, I understand your point... and IMO Geno had a BAD game.
I've already done my good amount of research on Glennon, Geno, Wilson, and Barkley so I've already determined who I want the Chiefs to draft and what kind of offense I want to build.
That said, I'm not blind... Geno had a bad game.
Now, there were factors that caused that bad game: weather, syracuse defense that took away the deep ball, WV defense who put Geno behind quick, penalties, dropped passes.

Yes, Geno had a bad game and it's truely a shame that most people that haven't seen him play this or last year judge him on the pinstripe bowl because of hype.

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9259538)
C'mon man, don't be a pussy.

You've called Geno's performance "falling flat on his face" and expected an "efficient" game from him, all things considered.

I'd like to know what you would have thought would have been "efficient" with "all things considered."

Let's hear it, versus you trying to weasel out of it.

What would've been efficient? Have i NOT stated this enough yet?

0-10 on 3rd down is not efficient.

0-2 on 4th Down is not efficient.

Fumbling the ball in the end zone is not efficient.

taking sacks for safties after your struggling defense gets a takeaway is NOT efficient.

Yes, Geno fell flat on his face. He was expecting to create seperation between he and the next QB. Did he do that? No, he didn't.

The Majority of CP tuned in to see if he could do it. He didn't. If anything, he actually made his case worse. If you don't believe he made it worse, ok fine. But there is no way you could tell me he made it better. In that sense, he failed.

He was GIVEN chances by his atrocious defense and he failed.

How does that = a good performance?

When was the last time you labeld a QB, who's offense went 0-10 on 3rd down and 0-2 and 4th down, efficient?

For the Majority of that game, he and his offense couldn't get anything going. How is that efficient?

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9259551)

Yes, Geno had a bad game and it's truely a shame that most people that haven't seen him play this or last year judge him on the pinstripe bowl because of hype.

I agree 100%. Those people are equally as reeruned as those who are so stuck on Geno's nuts that they can't see the game for what it was.

Pin Head 12-31-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9259510)
Okay troll, I'll play...

I know that they are not close. They are two completely different types of quarterbacks. Griffin's game relies on his legs to get him/his downfield receivers open. Smith is a pocket QB with the athleticism/mobility to make a play with his legs only when he has to. In fact, he probably trusts his arm too much at times when he could take off downfield.

Think of Griffin as a smart version of Michael Vick and Geno as an Aaron Rogers if you want the most appropos NFL comparisons.

So, Troll, I'll ask you this like I've asked most of the other trolls:

Who is your pick at #1?

If Geno Smith isn't worth the #1 pick, who is, and if it's not a QB, then how do you address the Kansas City Chiefs QB situation?

look man, you're allowing yourself to overrate and over state Geno Smith's value. History tells us that several QB's in this draft will unpleasantly surprise everyone. So, this is what you have in mind?

Best Case Scenario: Chiefs draft Geno and he's about Cam Newton good. So, Chiefs win 6 games next year, score more points and look competent?

I'm giving you best case scenario of what happens if the Chiefs select Geno #1 overall. Using Newton as an example is a huge stretch because Cam is a VASTLY superior prospect to G Smith. Not even in the same Universe.

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9259623)
look man, you're allowing yourself to overrate and over state Geno Smith's value. History tells us that several QB's in this draft will unpleasantly surprise everyone. So, this is what you have in mind?

Best Case Scenario: Chiefs draft Geno and he's about Cam Newton good. So, Chiefs win 6 games next year, score more points and look competent?

I'm giving you best case scenario of what happens if the Chiefs select Geno #1 overall. Using Newton as an example is a huge stretch because Cam is a VASTLY superior prospect to G Smith. Not even in the same Universe.

That's a different argument.