ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***The Official MMA Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230465)

alnorth 10-08-2017 07:29 AM

He did that with 2 minutes left in the 5th round.

TimBone 10-08-2017 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 13131511)

Oh shit, that was nice.

kstater 10-08-2017 07:57 AM

The reaction of the writer behind them is fantastic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alnorth 10-08-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 13131528)
The reaction of the writer behind them is fantastic

Guy in white shirt with the apple laptop is Kevin Iole. He's easily the most respected boxing/MMA writer in the business, currently writes for Yahoo.

raybec 4 10-09-2017 10:35 PM

I've never seen a transition that smooth. The UFC really should be hyping Mighty Mouse

OldSchool 10-09-2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 13139680)
I've never seen a transition that smooth. The UFC really should be hyping Mighty Mouse

No personality and almost no chance that he'll ever move up a division (and remain successful ala Mcgreggor).

It's the fighters job to sell themselves, IMO. Then once they get popular, the UFC will work to promote them and capitalize on it.

alnorth 10-13-2017 09:32 AM

Light schedule for this weekend:

Friday

nothing

Saturday

5am - (Fightpass) - Glory 46

Kickboxing live from China. lol, I don't always watch even when the time is convenient, there is no god damn way I'm waking up for this.

3pm - (Fightpass) - Cage Warriors 87

Looking at the rankings, this is roughly average by local promotion standards.

alnorth 10-17-2017 01:09 PM

Posting this week's schedule early because those wacky Alaskans are gonna have a fight card tomorrow.

Wednesday

11 pm - (Fightpass) - Alaska Fighting Championship 134

I checked tapology, and based on those rankings, this is just an utterly terrible, absurd fight card even by local promotion standards. But its probably the only fight card in the entire world that you'll be able to see on your computer, so what the hell. You are basically watching untrained civilians in a frozen wasteland punch each other.

Friday

8 pm TV - (6pm Bellator.com/8pm Spike) Bellator 185, Mousasi vs Shlemenko

This card seems roughly average by Bellator standards.

Saturday

10:30 am - (Fightpass) - UFC Fight Night Morning, Cowboy vs Till

This is a typical European Fightpass UFC card, with one great exception. Every year the UFC puts on fights in Europe a couple times at times convenient for them, but they fill it with mediocre fighters and throw them a bone with one halfway-decent headliner. This is different, The card is filled with mostly filler as usual, but the headliner is ****ing fantastic. We've got Cowboy against perhaps the most exciting prospect in the welterweight division. The rest of the card is just whatever, but the headliner is a must-see fight for hard-core fight fans. I am really looking forward to this one.

Sunday

8 pm - (Fightpass) - EBI 13: The Lightweights

The Eddie Bravo Invitational is a great, fun event to watch. Its a submission-only grappling event with no judges, and they probably have the best jiu-jitsu rules.

alnorth 10-20-2017 08:27 PM

R.I.P. Hardy Hype.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was not expecting to see Heather Hardy get her ass kicked (and nose shattered) by someone making their pro debut.

I think she needs to go back to boxing.

alnorth 10-20-2017 09:35 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mousasi gets the unanimous decision win. 29-28 x 3. That sound you hear is Bellator execs breathing a massive sigh of relief.</p>&mdash; Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) <a href="https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/921580035005407232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 21, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

alnorth 10-25-2017 12:50 PM

This weekend's schedule:

Friday

nothing

Saturday

3pm - (Fightpass) - Cage Warriors 88

This card looks roughly average by local promotion standards.

7pm TV - (6pm Fightpass/7pm FS1/9pm FS1) - UFC Fight Night, Brunson vs. Machida

Just like most Brazilian cards, almost every match is a Brazilian vs an American or European fighter, with a few well-known Brazilian names. Most Brazilian cards are kinda lackluster, but this one isn't bad with a couple good fights. Its about average for a UFC free TV card.

alnorth 10-31-2017 06:56 PM

This is obviously going to be a big weekend.

Friday

8pm TV - (6pm internet/8pm Spike) - Bellator 186, Bader vs. Vassell

This card is excellent by Bellator standards, its probably going to be one of the 5 or 6 best cards of the year for the top of the B-leagues. Its about the same quality as an average or slightly below-average UFC card. Unless injury or weight cut problems decimates this thing, I plan to watch.

Saturday

7pm TV - (5:30pm Fightpass/7pm FS1/9pm PPV) - UFC 217, Bisping vs. St-Pierre

This card is great from top to bottom in Madison Square Garden. Even in the fightpass prelims we have a couple interesting and important matches. The prelims are all good (how the hell did OSP not make the main card or at least feature prelim?!?), and then at the top we have 3 title matches including one of the UFC's only two active draws right now, and one of the UFC's scariest female fighters isn't even the co-main.

There's absolutely nothing to complain about, this is on paper going to be one of the 2 or 3 best cards of the year, and I'll probably also start a thread for it on Saturday.

raybec 4 11-03-2017 11:58 AM

I'm pretty hype for Dillashaw Garbrandt, Joana vs Rose should be good but the main event is nothing special.

alnorth 11-05-2017 06:37 AM

Well, that was a crazyass PPV.

raybec 4 11-06-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 13197630)
Well, that was a crazyass PPV.

I never woulda thought Rose would KO Joanna, that was awesome.

alnorth 11-08-2017 06:27 AM

Coming down from UFC 217, this weekend is kinda busy.

Friday

8pm - (Spike) - Bellator 187: McKee vs. Moore

This is a bad card by Bellator standards, because its got a lot of their international prospects. Its also on tape delay since its in Ireland, so avoid twitter if you don't want spoilers and actually plan to watch this.

Saturday

7pm TV - (5:30pm Fightpass/7pm FS1) - UFC Fight Night: Poirier vs. Pettis

Wow. This is a very nice card by free TV standards. If you slapped a championship bout on top of this thing, it could have been a typical PPV. After the first 2 fights on fightpass (involving random prospects), I am interested in literally every fight on the rest of the card.

midnight - (Fightpass) - Pancrase 291

Pancrase is a very low-level promotion that usually has bad cards, but this is actually pretty good by their very very low standards. It might be comparable to a below-average Bellator card. It starts at midnight, but its going to run pretty late because they have a whopping 18 bouts. There are no commercials or breaks though, as soon as a fight is over they rush them out and get the next guys in right away.

Sunday

6pm - (6pm Fightpass (free)/7pm Fightpass ($20)) - Combat Jiu-Jitsu Worlds 1

I don't know what this is, but whatever it is, its the first one, its on fightpass, and they are offering the first hour for free presumably so you can see if you like it. Then the rest of the card is $20.

alnorth 11-10-2017 04:23 PM

So.... I guess we now have a reason to watch Bellator tonight. Conor McGregor was there in Dublin watching one of his buddies fight, and after the fight he completely lost his shit.

He wasn't a corner or anything, just in the crowd, he apparently ran to the cage, jumped in, and charged at the referee Marc Goddard. When security separated them, he later slapped a Bellator employee.

They'll obviously play that shit during the replay tonight on Spike.

alnorth 11-10-2017 04:23 PM

Oh, and Anderson Silva pissed hot again

raybec 4 11-10-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 13210265)
Oh, and Anderson Silva pissed hot again

Shocking.... said no one ever

alnorth 11-14-2017 04:02 PM

Putting the schedule up early because those wacky Alaskans have a fight card tomorrow. If you are looking for fights to watch, boy do we got a lot of fights for you to watch this weekend. We're chock full of fights.... not very many GOOD fights mind you, but we got a lot of em!

Wednesday

11pm - (Fightpass) - Alaska Fighting Championship 135

Its hard to judge this card's quality, they seem to have some of the best talent in Alaska.... but its Alaska. Anyway, there's nothing else on for MMA.

Friday

6pm - (Fightpass) - Titan FC 46

Judging by Tapology rankings, this is roughly average by local promotion standards.

8pm - (Spike) - Bellator 188: Lahat vs. Labiano

This is not a very good card by Bellator standards. Its also on tape delay from Israel, so avoid MMA twitter if you care about spoilers. (you shouldn't)

Saturday

7pm TV - (5:30pm Fightpass/7pm FS1) - UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

Its not a terrible card, but its definitely below average for UFC on free TV.

alnorth 11-15-2017 01:14 AM

Take it with a grain of salt, but the rumor for UFC 219 is Woodley vs. Nate Diaz

raybec 4 11-15-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 13217511)
Take it with a grain of salt, but the rumor for UFC 219 is Woodley vs. Nate Diaz

Yuck

BigBeauford 11-18-2017 07:30 PM

That was a great fight!

alnorth 11-28-2017 10:38 AM

lol

I'll probably still watch every round

https://i.imgur.com/nqrCpoy.jpg

alnorth 11-28-2017 09:25 PM

The internet is running crazy with wild rumors, but so far what we know for sure is that Conor got into a bar fight last night. He may or may not have beaten up a high-ranking irish mobster.

edit: and Dana insisted that Conor's agent is either misinformed or lying, the UFC was targeting a Conor fight for December, and decided to punish him by moving on to other plans after his Bellator nonsense.

Pants 11-28-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 13245629)
lol

Holeeeeeee ****! Love it!

alnorth 11-28-2017 09:51 PM

Rory MacDonald is apparently asking Scott Coker to let him be an alternate if anyone has to pull out of the tournament. Scott tentatively agreed, but wants to wait to see what happens with Rory's next fight before he promises anything.

alnorth 11-30-2017 10:37 PM

This is going to be a really busy weekend with a really good PPV that probably wont sell as much as it should.

Friday

7pm TV - (6:30 pm Fightpass/7pm FS1) - The Ultimate Fighter Finale, Montano vs Modafferi

This is a Friday TUF Finale without the coaches on the card. So, its going to be terrible. Normally I'd say you have no other options, but in this case you have plenty of alternatives. You may want to switch to this at roughly 11:30pm if you are curious about who will become the inaugural UFC w125 champ.

6:30pm - (Fightpass) - Glory 48

Here's one alternative, Glory kickboxing. Thats cool, but you'll probably not watch because...

8pm TV - (Spike) - Bellator 189, Budd vs Blencowe 2

This is a bit below average by Bellator standards, but its probably the choice because the UFC card is utter garbage.

Saturday

7pm TV - (5:15pm Fightpass/7pm FS1/9pm PPV) - UFC 218, Holloway vs Aldo 2

The prelims are OK, but the main card is excellent. If you are a big fight fan who tries to watch most of the PPV's, then this is going to be on your schedule Saturday night, because if this holds together its an above-average UFC PPV. Alvarez vs Gaethje should be fun, the co-main is probably a heavyweight title eliminator, and then the main event is pretty cool. Other 2 fights are decent as well.

Sunday

8pm - (Fightpass) - EBI 14: The Absolutes

The Eddie Bravo Invitational is always fun and this time there is no weight class for the tournament, so we'll get to see who is arguably the best submission grappler in the world.

raybec 4 12-01-2017 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 13245629)
lol

Me too but it's pretty pathetic really, Only 4 are true heavy weights, Everyone but Meat Head are past their prime and Sonnen and Rampage haven't been good for years. I'm surprised they don't have Paul Buentello or Rico Rodriguez in there somewhere.

alnorth 12-03-2017 04:33 PM

Post-UFC 218 thoughts: I underestimated Eddie. He's back. Also, Max is the man at 145.

Finally, god damn Ngannou is one scary man. Miocic has a huge challenge ahead of him.

alnorth 12-03-2017 04:52 PM

Reminder, for those who have fightpass, we got EBI tonight!

raybec 4 12-05-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 13259024)
Post-UFC 218 thoughts: I underestimated Eddie. He's back. Also, Max is the man at 145.

Finally, god damn Ngannou is one scary man. Miocic has a huge challenge ahead of him.

Ngannou was incredible. Alvarez is so durable man, I bet he still can't walk.

alnorth 12-07-2017 08:38 PM

GSP has decided to vacate the MW championship and has told the UFC he wants to go back to Welterweight. So, Whittaker will fight Rockhold for the real MW title.

edit: Whittaker has also been promoted to champion, so it'll be his first defense.

alnorth 12-07-2017 09:49 PM

This is a weird weekend, because we have a TON of fights on fightpass. And, lets see... oh of course Bellator is also going to be on. Well, lets dive in then.

edit: Just because I was curious, I just counted the number of fights. Between Fightpass, Spike, and FS1, there are 54 MMA fights and 9 Kickboxing bouts this weekend, and as you can imagine about 1/3 of the MMA matches are stuffed into the Pancrase card.

Friday

5:30 pm - (Fightpass) - TKO 41

Canadian local promotion from Quebec. Seems about average by local promotion standards, they seem to have the best local fighters in the city, but who knows if that means anything.

7pm - (Fightpass) - Invicta FC 26

Its about average by Invicta's low standards. There are a couple prospects who the UFC might be watching, including whoever wins the 125 belt in the last match since they are just opening that division up in the UFC.

Saturday

12:30 pm - (Fightpass) - Glory: Redemption

Its kickboxing, I don't know how good this card is, but it seems to have more hype than normal. If you don't want to watch kickboxing, then Bellator has an early card for you.

2pm - (Spike) - Bellator 190, Carvalho vs. Sakara

This short 5-fight card live from Italy looks really bad. Even with their MW title on the line, this is one of their worst cards of the year by tapology rankings.

7pm TV - (5:30pm Fightpass/7pm FS1) - UFC Fight Night, Swanson vs. Ortega

This card is a bit below average by UFC standards, but the hardcore fight fans will likely be interested because its loaded up with top prospects who might only need 1 or 2 more wins to break into the top 15 in their divisions. If you don't care about that, then tune in at about 11:30pm for what should be a fun fight between Cub Swanson and Brian Ortega

midnight - (Fightpass) - Pancrase 292

As usual, they have this loaded up with a silly number of fights, looks like about 17 this time. No commercial breaks, they just run them in and out of there. By their very low standards, this doesn't look bad I suppose, so if you are awake in the middle of the night, maybe have this running in the background on your computer.

SAUTO 12-08-2017 08:04 PM

Pac-Mac

Pants 12-09-2017 12:06 PM

Not MMA, but Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux is on ESPN tonight and is basically a must-watch for any fight fan.

alnorth 12-09-2017 11:19 PM

Well, thats a first. In the co-main event, the ref just took a point away from a fighter for biting his opponent's fingers.

kstater 12-09-2017 11:45 PM

Hope this is a good fight. Pretty unremarkable card to get here. I was pretty high on Sterling before tonight, but he looked reckless before getting knocked out hard

kstater 12-09-2017 11:53 PM

Impressive end to the 1st

alnorth 12-09-2017 11:58 PM

Well, that was a pretty sweet fight.

raybec 4 12-11-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 13272031)
Well, that was a pretty sweet fight.

Ortega is impressive.

alnorth 12-15-2017 01:38 PM

We have a pretty busy weekend, with some cool fights.

Friday

6pm - (Fightpass) - Titan FC 47

This is probably the best B-league in the world, Titan FC champions are often picked up by the UFC. Looking at tapology rankings, this card is excellent by local promotion standards, you may see some of these guys in the UFC soon. There's also a Bellator card tonight, but you should watch this instead.

8pm - (Spike) - Bellator 191, McDonald vs. Ligier

Yeah, I'm gonna be blunt. This is a very bad card even by Bellator's standards. If you have fightpass, don't watch this. Even if you don't have fightpass, there has to be something else on your DVR that you need to catch up on.

Saturday

4pm TV - (3pm Fightpass/4pm FS1/7pm FOX) - UFC on FOX 26, Lawler vs Dos Anjos

This is about average by UFC standards, but obviously its a top-heavy card. Its freaking Robbie Lawler vs RDA. Come on, I shouldn't need to sell this, if you are a fight fan at all, you are going to be watching the main event.

9pm - (Fightpass) - VFC 59

This is well below average by local promotion standards, but there's nothing else on. If you still want to watch violence after the UFC is over, this is it.

kstater 12-16-2017 09:11 PM

Lawlers corner should stop this before the 5th...he can’t even move his leg. He’s gonna take a beating in the 5th

raybec 4 12-18-2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 13288930)
Lawlers corner should stop this before the 5th...he can’t even move his leg. He’s gonna take a beating in the 5th

I get what you're saying but Lawler's power can end a fight at any moment. I doubt he would want to have that chance taken from him.

alnorth 12-18-2017 06:38 PM

This weekend's schedule is pretty simple. There is nothing on, not on TV, Fightpass, nothing till the 30th. I'm sure you might be able to find a weird local promotion on the internet somewhere.

alnorth 12-29-2017 12:12 PM

No need for a fancy schedule this weekend, because UFC 219 is the only thing this weekend, which is on tomorrow night. It has a few interesting fights, but the PPV is definitely below average. If you are addicted to the UFC, you'll watch it anyway. If not, then there won't be much to pay attention to for another couple weeks.

jd1020 12-29-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 13314265)
No need for a fancy schedule this weekend, because UFC 219 is the only thing this weekend, which is on tomorrow night. It has a few interesting fights, but the PPV is definitely below average. If you are addicted to the UFC, you'll watch it anyway. If not, then there won't be much to pay attention to for another couple weeks.

Khabib vs Barboza and MAYBE Condit vs Magny will be the only thing I watch. The rest will get tuned out. I really could not care less about Cyborg vs Holm.

BigBeauford 12-29-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 13314265)

So very glad I purchased the GSP card. Top to bottom the best Ive ever seen. No way would i throw money at an inferior card like this one.

saphojunkie 12-29-2017 01:15 PM

Anybody here train BJJ or MMA?

MTG#10 12-30-2017 10:46 PM

Anyone have a decent stream? The buffstream was working great but now it is constantly buffering.

kcxiv 12-30-2017 11:31 PM

http://sportsarefree.xyz/ufc

bigjosh 12-30-2017 11:50 PM

Holly is standing in there tough.

kcxiv 12-30-2017 11:57 PM

she's getting her ass beat though. She's trying, but her strikes are doing little to nothing.

jjjayb 12-31-2017 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13317094)
she's getting her ass beat though. She's trying, but her strikes are doing little to nothing.

That's a pretty big dude she's fighting.

jd1020 12-31-2017 12:07 AM

An entire 5 rounds of stand up fighting and Cyborg won every round in strikes and clearly did more damage but 2 judges go 48-47? I'm just lost when it comes to judging.

bigjosh 12-31-2017 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13317108)
An entire 5 rounds of stand up fighting and Cyborg won every round in strikes and clearly did more damage but 2 judges go 48-47? I'm just lost when it comes to judging.

"Octogon control"

that gives the judges the leeway to score things however the **** they want.

Another way to make sure that whoever vegas wants to win in a decision, will win in a decision.

jd1020 12-31-2017 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 13317111)
"Octogon control"

Another way to make sure that whoever vegas wants to win in a decision, will win in a decision.

Holm never controlled the Octagon, though. She was backing up and circling left along the fence damn near all fight. It wasn't until the 5th round when she started throwing the same boring combination over and over every couple seconds that she was even in the middle.

The most she ever did was grab on for dear life and put her against the cage for 30 seconds to have a cup of tea, because she sure as shit wasn't trying to throw any kind of shots or take her to the ground when she had her pinned.

kcxiv 12-31-2017 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 13317111)
"Octogon control"

i dont think holly had any kinda control. She got in a few good hits, but most of the time, she was just basically running. Cybor was calm and smooth and cool the whole fight. I dont think she got tired one bit. lol

bigjosh 12-31-2017 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13317113)
Holm never controlled the Octagon, though. She was backing up and circling left along the fence damn near all fight. It wasn't until the 5th round when she started throwing the same boring combination over and over every couple seconds that she was even in the middle.

The most she ever did was grab on for dear life and put her against the cage for 30 seconds to have a cup of tea, because she sure as shit wasn't trying to throw any kind of shots or take her to the ground when she had her pinned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13317117)
i dont think holly had any kinda control. She got in a few good hits, but most of the time, she was just basically running. Cybor was calm and smooth and cool the whole fight. I dont think she got tired one bit. lol

Im not saying she had control. I am just saying that the judging is subjective. Cyborg obviously won. I give holm credit for fighting through what is likely a broken nose at the end of the first round. But like you said she controlled pretty much none of the fight.

jd1020 12-31-2017 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13317117)
I dont think she got tired one bit. lol

I don't think she did either. You could tell even late in the fight there were times where the smell of blood came out and she was going after Holm like a freight train.

Holm's entire camp appeared to be 3 things. 1) Circle left, 2) Left straight, 3) Left head kick.

listopencil 12-31-2017 12:27 AM

I don't really watch this MMA stuff, but why were they letting that man beat up on the blonde chick?

jd1020 12-31-2017 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 13317123)
I don't really watch this MMA stuff, but why were they letting that man beat up on the blonde chick?

Because they havent figured out how to test for what he is taking now. Yet.

listopencil 12-31-2017 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13317124)
Because they havent figured out how to test for what he is taking now. Yet.

Can't they test for a Y chromosome?

alnorth 01-01-2018 12:11 AM

Khabib is a terrifying man. That fight looked like Chuck Norris found a bear on his property, tried to kick it, and then the bear ****ing ate him.

alnorth 01-05-2018 12:14 PM

Penne has been suspended for 18 months for steroids. She was apparently taking some supplement at the direction of a doctor who was unfamiliar with the needs of UFC athletes. She tried to get a retroactive TUE, but couldn't get it because that supplement was not medically necessary.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">UFC Athlete Jessica Penne Accepts Sanction for Anti-Doping Policy Violation <a href="https://t.co/4TJclgUU8M">https://t.co/4TJclgUU8M</a></p>&mdash; USADA (@usantidoping) <a href="https://twitter.com/usantidoping/status/949340395103809536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

listopencil 01-07-2018 08:00 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P3WaVactj5M" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

alnorth 01-10-2018 06:18 PM

The UFC is back for just about every weekend for the forseeable future, and we start out with a pretty good UFC card in St. Louis. (I'll be there! Lower level, at the cage, 14 rows back)

Saturday

7pm - (Fightpass) - Invicta FC 27, Kianzad vs. Kaufman

This is actually pretty good by Invicta's low standards, no title fight but some of their top fighters are on the card.

Sunday

7pm TV - (5pm Fightpass/7pm FS1) - UFC Fight Night, Stephens vs. Choi

This is a fantastic UFC card by free TV standards. Every fight on the main card is interesting, the main event should be violent, and the prelims are good. Hell, we got Darren "the Damage" Elkins in the feature prelim, who is the guy who probably was in the fight of the year last year. Even the fightpass prelims has a couple nice matchups.

raybec 4 01-17-2018 03:11 PM

UFC 220 is Saturday, it's got 2 really top shelf fights on it. I think that Bellator trainwreck tournament starts this weekend too,

alnorth 01-17-2018 05:04 PM

Putting up the schedule now because those wacky Alaskans have fights on tonight.

Wednesday

11pm - (Fightpass) - AFC 136

Very low-level promotion, but there's nothing else on tonight.

Saturday

7pm TV - (6pm Fightpass/7pm FS1/9pm PPV) - UFC 220, Miocic vs. Ngannou

You are going to the bar or you are paying for this PPV for one reason and one reason only: the last two fights are for the UFC's top 2 titles. The UFC also knows this, so they made little to no effort to support this card. As long as the main event and co-main hold together, it'll work out but the rest of the card is terrible even for UFC free TV standards without those 2 title fights. The title fights will be sometime after 10pm, so plan accordingly if you plan to tune in late.

8pm - (Spike Paramount) - Bellator 192, Rampage vs. Sonnen

The last 2 fights (including the first fight in their Heavyweight tournament) are good, everything else on the card is a pass. More importantly, why the hell is Bellator going up against the UFC during their HW and LHW title fight PPV? This won't go well for Bellator.

edit: Spike has been rebranded to the Paramount Network. If you had Spike before, it should be the same channel on your TV.

raybec 4 01-18-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 13367290)
Putting up the schedule now because those wacky Alaskans have fights on tonight.

Wednesday

11pm - (Fightpass) - AFC 136

Very low-level promotion, but there's nothing else on tonight.

Saturday

7pm TV - (6pm Fightpass/7pm FS1/9pm PPV) - UFC 220, Miocic vs. Ngannou

You are going to the bar or you are paying for this PPV for one reason and one reason only: the last two fights are for the UFC's top 2 titles. The UFC also knows this, so they made little to no effort to support this card. As long as the main event and co-main hold together, it'll work out but the rest of the card is terrible even for UFC free TV standards without those 2 title fights. The title fights will be sometime after 10pm, so plan accordingly if you plan to tune in late.

8pm - (Spike) - Bellator 192, Rampage vs. Sonnen

The last 2 fights (including the first fight in their Heavyweight tournament) are good, everything else on the card is a pass. More importantly, why the hell is Bellator going up against the UFC during their HW and LHW title fight PPV? This won't go well for Bellator.

If I remember correctly, Bellator scheduled the date first.

alnorth 01-20-2018 11:31 AM

One interesting note: Royce Gracie's oldest son Khonry Gracie is making his professional debut at age 20 tonight in Bellator. It won't be on the televised card though, it'll be on the internet prelims hosted by a lot of web sites. (I usually use sherdog)

Demonpenz 01-20-2018 03:37 PM

what website will have a stream?

alnorth 01-20-2018 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 13371699)
One interesting note: Royce Gracie's oldest son Khonry Gracie is making his professional debut at age 20 tonight in Bellator. It won't be on the televised card though, it'll be on the internet prelims hosted by a lot of web sites. (I usually use sherdog)

This fight is now over. Khonry Gracie lost a decision and it wasn't very close. I'm sure he's probably a jiu-jitsu wizard, but his hands were terrible and he never got a takedown. His opponent actually took him down 3 times near the end of each round.

Easy 6 01-20-2018 10:07 PM

Couldnt find a damn thing to watch tonight, skipping through the channels... and find this Bellator deal, first one I've ever watched from that promotion

But Rampage/Sonnen sounds like something worth watching

jd1020 01-20-2018 10:09 PM

I love judges.

Villante defeats Barroso by split decision. 2 judges scored it 30-27 Villante, fairly obvious. The 3rd one fell asleep and turned in a "sounds good" card and scored it 29-28 Barroso.

TimBone 01-20-2018 10:41 PM

Well, Rory's gonna get the decision, but Lima did more damage. Rory just got the takedowns and controlled too much of the fight.

bigjosh 01-20-2018 10:50 PM

Courmier is going to ruin this poor guys day.

bigjosh 01-20-2018 11:00 PM

Well, Courmier made that look easy.

On to the main event. LMAO.

alnorth 01-20-2018 11:01 PM

yeah, thats about how I expected the LHW title fight would go.

and lol, Bellator's Welterweight champion got beaten up by a man who had both a broken nose and a broken leg and who had to be carried out of the arena with the belt around his waist.

bigjosh 01-20-2018 11:17 PM

Im going against the grain and saying we have a new Heavyweight champ tonight.