ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2017 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306604)

kccrow 04-19-2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12831233)
Next time I'm drafting you an OG in the first round!

Probably would have been a better pick, to be honest haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12831254)
You mean if you pay attention and don't miss your 12 hour pick window ON THE FIRST FREAKING DAY you win?

Thanks for letting me join again guys. Always a pleasure.

If I wasn't sick as **** and doped out of my mind in the ER until 5 AM that day, I probably would have been ok.

chiefscafan 04-19-2017 07:23 PM

Thanks guys for letting me part of this.

BossChief 04-19-2017 07:31 PM

I'm very happy with this haul of talent I got for KC. Most needs are filled with great options with high upsides.

27. Kansas City - BossChief - Pat Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech (highest upside QB in draft)
59. Kansas City - BossChief - Tim Williams, DE/OLB, Alabama (big time pass rusher)
91. Kansas City - BossChief - Marcus Williams, S, Utah (best center fielder in the draft)
104. Kansas City - BossChief - Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia (most ints in college football)
132. Kansas City - BossChief - Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA (was a monster before injury)
170. Kansas City - BossChief - Blair Brown, ILB, Ohio (#2 rated ILB in PFF)
180. Kansas City - BossChief - Mack Hollins, WR, North Carolina (ran a 4.53 while pulling a muscle, a flyer that has 4.4 speed with a 6'3" 225lb frame)
216. Kansas City - BossChief - Joe Williams, RB, Utah (4.4 speed game breaker upside)
218. Kansas City - BossChief - Ethan Cooper, OL, Indiana, PA (on most sleeper lists, very versatile)
245. Kansas City - BossChief - Austin Rehkow, P/K, Idaho (only missed 3fgs all year and has been one of the best punters in the nation.)

Thanks, again for letting me participate and drafting for KC was fun, thanks for the opportunity!

Rain Man 04-19-2017 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12831121)
I almost took him instead of Pascal but decided that I wanted to add some athleticism to the roster so I went with Pascal and one of the rangier under the radar LBs available in the later rounds.

I think Collin will land on his feet.

That makes me feel better.

So what now? Do we shuffle teams and start over?

RealSNR 04-19-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12831548)
That makes me feel better.

So what now? Do we shuffle teams and start over?

Well, in recent years some of us have been waiting until the draft occurs, then we compare our value with players drafted.

For example, BossChief got Mahomes with the 27th pick. If Mahomes goes at 12 to the Cardinals, BossChief gets 15 points. But then if his awful Rasul Douglas pick (taken at 104) goes at 134, he loses 30 points. If a player you picked goes undrafted, you just call him the 254th pick, even if you have multiples.

It's inexact, inaccurate, and generally not a very good way of determining who actually drafted the best, but it's an easy and somewhat fun way to talk shit with each other. I think that's usually why we do it.

CleveSteve 04-19-2017 11:26 PM

Carolina Panthers 2017 CP Mock:

8. Carolina - CleveSteve - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
40. Carolina - CleveSteve - Tre'Davious White, CB/S, LS
64. Carolina (from New England) - CleveSteve - Roderick Johnson, OT, Florida State
98. Carolina - CleveSteve - Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M
115. Carolina - CleveSteve - Rayshawn Jenkins, S, Miami
152. Carolina - CleveSteve - Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina
192. Carolina - CleveSteve - Jordan Evans, LB, Oklahoma
233. Carolina (from Indianapolis through Cleveland) - CleveSteve - Ishmael Zamora, WR, Baylor

Rain Man 04-19-2017 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12831614)
Well, in recent years some of us have been waiting until the draft occurs, then we compare our value with players drafted.

For example, BossChief got Mahomes with the 27th pick. If Mahomes goes at 12 to the Cardinals, BossChief gets 15 points. But then if his awful Rasul Douglas pick (taken at 104) goes at 134, he loses 30 points. If a player you picked goes undrafted, you just call him the 254th pick, even if you have multiples.

It's inexact, inaccurate, and generally not a very good way of determining who actually drafted the best, but it's an easy and somewhat fun way to talk shit with each other. I think that's usually why we do it.

I'm in.

It seems like a better way to do it would be to count how many total draft points you got in the draft on the famous Jimmy Johnson trade value chart, compared to how many draft points you had in picks. That way, getting a steal on a 1st round pick would be worth more points than getting a steal on a 7th round pick.

Edit: As I think about it, though, maybe that's not better. You would basically win or lose depending on the where the first-rounders go.

CleveSteve 04-20-2017 04:48 AM

Tamp Bay 2017 CP Mock Draft Class

19. Tampa Bay - CleveSteve - Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
50. Tampa Bay - CleveSteve - Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
84. Tampa Bay - CleveSteve - Vincent Taylor, DT, Oklahoma State
125. Tampa Bay - CleveSteve - John Johnson, S, Boston College
162. Tampa Bay - CleveSteve - Amba Etta-Tawo, WR, Syracuse
204. Tampa Bay - CleveSteve - Elijah McGuire, RB, Louisiana - Lafayette
237. Tampa Bay - CleveSteve - Vince Biegel, LB, Wisconsin

ChiefAshhole1056 04-20-2017 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12831654)
Carolina Panthers 2017 CP Mock:

8. Carolina - CleveSteve - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
40. Carolina - CleveSteve - Tre'Davious White, CB/S, LS
64. Carolina (from New England) - CleveSteve - Roderick Johnson, OT, Florida State
98. Carolina - CleveSteve - Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M
115. Carolina - CleveSteve - Rayshawn Jenkins, S, Miami
152. Carolina - CleveSteve - Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina
192. Carolina - CleveSteve - Jordan Evans, LB, Oklahoma
233. Carolina (from Indianapolis through Cleveland) - CleveSteve - Ishmael Zamora, WR, Baylor

I really like this draft for Carolina. Lot of good fits here.

CleveSteve 04-20-2017 09:56 AM

Thanks Ash. Definitely liking my Panthers draft more than my Buccs. Could have killed Tampa Bay's draft had I just taken Marcus Williams in the third. Still don't know what I was thinking there, as much as I like Taylor.

DJ's left nut 04-20-2017 11:01 AM

Broncos 2017 Mock:

1.20) Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
2.51) Sidney Jones, CB - Washington
3.82) Jaleel Johnson, NT - Iowa
3.101) Derek Rivers, DE/OLB - Youngstown State
4.126) Alex Anzalone, LB - Florida
5.177) Chad Wheeler, OT - USC
6.203) Jamaal Williams, RB - BYU
7.238) Darrell Daniels, TE - Washington
7.252) Zach Pascal, WR - ODU
7.253) Jayon Brown, LB - UCLA

This draft is utter shite. Stupid decisions abound:

1 - Not taking David Njoku with my 1st rounder. That would've just been a HR pick there.

2 - Sidney Jones - should've gone Jarrad Davis or Joe Mixon; too early for an injured CB in a draft this deep at the position. Just hadn't realized how deep CB was yet.

3 - Alex Anzalone - reach for need in the 4th with his shoulder issues; should've gone with Kittle here or Julie'n Davenport. With Njoku in the fold instead of Ramzcyk, Davenport is the likely pick here.

4 - Wheeler instead of Gibson.

Things I did well for Denver - just the 3rd round. Johnson and Rivers are larceny in the 3rd. It won't be enough to make up for the rest of that draft being nothing but wheel spinning and need picks, but I'm extremely happy with those 2 picks anyway.

So what my draft SHOULD have been:

1 - Njoku
2 - J. Davis
3 - Johnson
3 - Rivers
4 - Davenport
5 - Gibson
6 - Sharpe (need the OL depth without Ramczyk and Wheeler)
7 - Pumphrey (3rd down back without Williams)
7 - Pascal
7 - Brown

And that's not even a 'knowing what I know' draft; those are guys that I knew I liked in real time and wouldn't get another shot at. I didn't stretch it at all. Just really let need dictate way too much in the 1st and didn't give enough credence to Jones injury and the Broncos currently strong defensive backfield. Just a pretty poor job by me here. I dicked up my first two picks and it set the tone for bad picks in the 4th and 5th as well. Just snowballed on me, really.

Direckshun 04-21-2017 07:50 AM

Great job everyone. Another successful CP mock.

Titty Meat 04-21-2017 08:19 AM

6. New York Jets - Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
39. New York Jets - Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
70. New York Jets - Nate Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
107. New York Jets - Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
150. New York Jets - Isaac Rochell, DL, Notre Dame
191. New York Jets - Grover Stewart, NT, Albany State
224. New York Jets - De'Von Smith, RB, Michigan

29. Green Bay - BigMeatballBillay - TJ Watt, DE/OLB, Wisconsin
61. Green Bay - BigMeatballBillay - Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
93. Green Bay - BigMeatballBillay - Kareem Hunt, RB, Toled
134. Green Bay - BigMeatballBillay - Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU
172. Green Bay - BigMeatballBillay - Samson Ebukam,OLB, Eastern Washington
182. Green Bay - BigMeatballBillay - David Jones, S, Richmond
212. Green Bay - BigMeatballBillay - Jadar Johnson, S, Clemson
247. Green Bay - BigMeatballBillay - Cethan Carter, TE, Nebraska

Love my Jets draft though I should have went CB round 3 instead of Peterman but I still think he can stabilize their QB position. Hate my Packers middle round picks but got them 3 starters and a couple lottery tickets with the later round picks.

chiefscafan 04-21-2017 09:43 AM

Where they are actually drafted shouldn't really matter it should be what they do and their impact the next year.

Maybe the guy isn't well known but performs at the highest level

TambaBerry 04-21-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 12833942)
Where they are actually drafted shouldn't really matter it should be what they do and their impact the next year.

Maybe the guy isn't well known but performs at the highest level

I've always done both, for example one of my best picks was Ethan Westbrooks DT of the rams, he is just a backup but he has stuck in the league and put together a decent 2016 season. He was one of my late round flyer type picks.