ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

Hammock Parties 02-27-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9449480)
If we get a 5th for Cassel, we can use that pick to move up in the 2nd for a guy as well.

ARE YOU INSANE?

We're releasing Cassel and getting nothing for him.

The Bad Guy 02-27-2013 10:47 PM

We aren't getting shit for Matt Cassel.

Frosty 02-27-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Here's something nobody is talking about...

we still have FOUR picks in the top 100 overall and basically THREE 3rd round picks (original 3rd, comp for Carr and first pick in 4th).

The 3rd round is going to be a quality round to get a WR, CB and a developmental QB.

I still think we are at a good spot right now. If we get a 5th for Cassel, we can use that pick to move up in the 2nd for a guy as well.

It's not actually set in stone that we get a 3rd round compensatory pick, right? I mean, we all assume we will but we can't actually count on it yet.

In58men 02-27-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Here's something nobody is talking about...

we still have FOUR picks in the top 100 overall and basically THREE 3rd round picks (original 3rd, comp for Carr and first pick in 4th).

The 3rd round is going to be a quality round to get a WR, CB and a developmental QB.

I still think we are at a good spot right now. If we get a 5th for Cassel, we can use that pick to move up in the 2nd for a guy as well.

Too risky

/every chief coach

DeezNutz 02-27-2013 10:48 PM

Chiefs might trade a conditional 3rd for Cassel at this point.

Hammock Parties 02-27-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9449489)
If there's any saving grace, it's that the market for the #1 pick will be very good.

At this point I'm praying we trade down because I ****ing hate Dook Jerkel and I hate this trade so I want to recoup the picks we lost.

RFatChicksPeople2? 02-27-2013 10:49 PM

You realize Alex Smith is going from one of the best divisions in the NFL to one of the worst?

Doesn't that compensate for the lack of (perceived talent) a bit?

In58men 02-27-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9449498)
Chiefs might trade a conditional 3rd for Cassel at this point.

ROFL

The Bad Guy 02-27-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9449434)
if they give us Chris Culliver or some crappy CB of theirs in this deal i will stab my eyes out

I actually like Culliver a lot. Bad SB, but he's a good player.

I think PFF graded him out as one of the best corners last year.

Mother****erJones 02-27-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9449485)
They did it because Reid actually believes in Alex Smith.

It's no different than *****'s belief in Matt Cassel.

And it's worse, because Reid has never actually been AROUND Alex Smith. He's only watched him.

For all we know Alex Smith will come here and start calling out 49ers terminology three years into the shitfest.

I have a very BAD feeling about this because Alex is going to be asked to do MORE here than he was in San Francisco. We don't have a #2 defense, and we don't have Harbaugh wunderkind and we have a coach who loves to pass.

Andy Reid could very well end up looking like his last 4 years in Philadelphia were not a fluke.

Well I will say Alex is alot smarter than Cassel. He will get the system down. But Im mad at the VALUE not that we got him

Frosty 02-27-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9449489)
If there's any saving grace, it's that the market for the #1 pick will be very good. I just hope it's a team desperate for a Left Tackle. Maybe that means they trade down and still grab Geno, or maybe that means they think they can get a QB like Manuel or Barkley with a trade-down pick.

There are three LT that are almost identical. People aren't going to trade up for one. If they trade, it will be for Geno or Barkley.

RunKC 02-27-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9449496)
It's not actually set in stone that we get a 3rd round compensatory pick, right? I mean, we all assume we will but we can't actually count on it yet.

If the Raiders can get a 3rd round comp pick for Nnamdi, then we are getting a 3rd round comp for Carr.

penbrook 02-27-2013 10:52 PM

Call me crazy but Dorsey said he would take the BPA.

If were still #1 and after the combine that BPA is GENO SMITH!!!

DaneMcCloud 02-27-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9435105)
Front page of NFL.com....thats where I read Ried was going to be the next HC in AZ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9435146)
Yeah...no shit.

They report what they read on CP. Pay attention, rookie. TBG "source" spews nothing but educated guesses. But posters on this thread eat it up. It comical.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9435123)
SOC tweets what has already been said on CP if you follow closely. They RT gifs Clay has posted on here, and they regurgitate various posts made by members on this forum. If you think SOC breaks news...you should be giving that credit to the posters on this forum. As for TBG...whatever.

NFl.com...as I said, that is where i learned Reid was going to be the next HC of the Cards.

Do you need more or is this enough?

LMAO

Dumbass.

kcpasco 02-27-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFatChicksPeople2? (Post 9449501)
You realize Alex Smith is going from one of the best divisions in the NFL to one of the worst?

Doesn't that compensate for the lack of (perceived talent) a bit?

A. Smith is a flaming turd.
Go away troll.