ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Rap Sheet: Talks With Alex Smith Not Progressing Well (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283410)

Chiefs Pantalones 06-02-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10666375)
LMAO Come on. This is InMen level dumbassery.

You're right, QBs like Smith are so hard to find. Stop being a homer. I hope I'm wrong but we're not winning any playoff games with him at QB, and some of that isn't just on him to be fair.

Easy 6 06-02-2014 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10666327)
ROFL

Not even, dude. The OL is going to be a trainwreck. The defense is a huge question mark.

a) the early returns look shaky, so way to go out on a limb there, theres still a lot of time before game 1... saying that is a huge reach at this point.

b) defense?... I dont care if its Abdullah or Commings, either guy is going to be an upgrade... Ford is going to click, bet me on it, gonna be excellent depth this year, he's in a perfect spot as a rookie. Throw in a better pass rush end and nickel corner for starters, and yeah, thats an immediate upgrade for an already solid defense.

I admit, all the improvements kinda seem low key right now, but the depth is gonna pay off this year, just watch, pretty soon its just gonna be you and Geno sitting around eating cereal and playing Madden talking about what could've been...

New World Order 06-02-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10666417)
a) the early returns look shaky, so way to go out on a limb there, theres still a lot of time before game 1... saying that is a huge reach at this point.

b) defense?... I dont care if its Abdullah or Commings, either guy is going to be an upgrade... Ford is going to click, bet me on it, gonna be excellent depth this year, he's in a perfect spot as a rookie. Throw in a better pass rush end and nickel corner for starters, and yeah, thats an immediate upgrade for an already solid defense.

I admit, all the improvements kinda seem low key right now, but the depth is gonna pay off this year, just watch, pretty soon its just gonna be you and Geno sitting around eating cereal and playing Madden talking about what could've been...

Geno played 16 games last year.

How many did Eric Fisher play?

Chief Roundup 06-02-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10666409)
Members on this site thought the defense was elite while playing quarterbacks like Jeff Tuel, Blaine Gabbert, Michael Vick, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Terrelle Pryor, Jason Campbell and Case Keenum.

Boy did our secondary get a big wake up call after that vacation was over.

You mean when we didn't have or couldn't produce any pass rush due to not having Houston or a healthy Hali and not having a FS that can actually play caused our secondary to get burnt.

Hammock Parties 06-02-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10666417)

I admit, all the improvements kinda seem low key right now, but the depth is gonna pay off this year, just watch

We have depth?

What happens if one of our unproven OTs goes down?

What happens if one of our WRs goes down?

Do we even know who the nickel CB is at this point?

What if we're forced to play a backup to one of our backups playing safety?

Depth?

This team doesn't even have starting positions solidified as of now.

This team has more question marks than at any time I can recall. I'm getting a 2007 feel.

Easy 6 06-02-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10666409)
Members on this site thought the defense was elite while playing quarterbacks like Jeff Tuel, Blaine Gabbert, Michael Vick, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Terrelle Pryor, Jason Campbell and Case Keenum.

Boy did our secondary get a big wake up call after that vacation was over.

Such a tired argument, tired like an old man after a day chasing his grandkids around the mall... flat beat.

Did those defenses just stay home, did they just pack it in before even leaving the lockerroom?... "oh what QB's did we beat, huh?"

Who gives a damn, we beat some hyped up defenses who werent worried about their QB and didnt play like it, either... football is THE ultimate team sport and we went 9-0 in the first year, some of you mfers just crack me up.

Have fun warming the bench, NWO.

Hammock Parties 06-02-2014 07:01 PM

Are we really having this debate again? I thought it was generally accepted that our defense was an enormous mirage.

Compare the two Oakland games. Had Charles not gone off like Gale Sayers that afternoon we probably would have lost.

Easy 6 06-02-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10666420)
Geno played 16 games last year.

How many did Eric Fisher play?

:whackit:

BossChief 06-02-2014 07:05 PM

The defense became a mirage once Houston and Hali got hurt.

Just like any other 3-4 defense with no pass rushers.

Chiefs Pantalones 06-02-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10666437)
Are we really having this debate again? I thought it was generally accepted that our defense was an enormous mirage.

Compare the two Oakland games. Had Charles not gone off like Gale Sayers that afternoon we probably would have lost.

This is true. And we only beat one playoff team (Eagles, before they went with Nick "Jeremy" Foles).

milkman 06-02-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10666291)
The only problem is even if we are ready to compete, there's this team with this HOF QB out west that has something to say about that. Until he retires we're not gonna be good enough to beat them with Alex Smith. I hope I'm wrong.

With this kind of attitude, we should just move to France.

Fit right in.

Hammock Parties 06-02-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10666442)
The defense became a mirage once Houston and Hali got hurt.

Just like any other 3-4 defense with no pass rushers.

Justin Houston played the first game against Denver. He really made a difference didn't he?

Also the defense had no issues beating the **** out of the Redskins and one-legged RGIII without him. But when they faced actual good QBs with two legs, different story.

The defense was overrated, period.

Chiefs Pantalones 06-02-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10666464)
With this kind of attitude, we should just move to France.

Fit right in.

Lol I don't mean to sound like a pessimist but we're not doing shit until forehead retires or gets hurt. This is their division.

Chief Roundup 06-02-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10666485)
Lol I don't mean to sound like a pessimist but we're not doing shit until forehead retires or gets hurt. This is their division.

Injuries happen in almost every game. Most know that Manning is one hit from being out of the league for good. If that team was to be without Manning for a few games their chances would be gone.
I will choose to be ready now rather than wait and then be behind when the time comes and then start preparing. Defeatist attitude.

Easy 6 06-02-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10666485)

No its not, for Gods sake sack UP.

That guy never looked more beatable than last year and we've done nothing but get younger and faster on defense.