ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

Bowser 04-20-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9608091)
Except in this case it wouldn't be an over-draft.

There has only been three tackles drafted #1 overall in 60 years. Of course we're reaching to take a tackle at 1.1.

KCwolf 04-20-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9608048)
I would, yes. I'd rather us take the 4 and the pick next year to move into the 3rd.

However, I'm willing to bet we just land the 2b. Because we are the Chiefs.

You seem to be the one that talks football the most ....

What is your opinion of the BEST player in draft - which is Chance Wormack..

and what Lucky ASS team will draft him ?? G @ 1/1 is insane... but the kid is it

chiefzilla1501 04-20-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9608100)
There has only been three tackles drafted #1 overall in 60 years. Of course we're reaching to take a tackle at 1.1.

There aren't many classes with a top of the class this unimpressive. I'm not a big fan of the pick, but let's face it, if it's not Geno or Joeckel/Fisher, we're going to take a guy who is also a reach.

Mr. Laz 04-20-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9608068)
Per PFCentral.

@autodrummer3 *Chiefs adamant on second round pick. Big issue is getting Albert to agree to a long term deal with MIA. Negotiations ongoing

we should be adamant for more than that

I can only guess that Albert is being so difficult about his contract that it's lowering his trade value.

chiefzilla1501 04-20-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9608107)
we should be adamant for more than that

I can only guess that Albert is being so difficult about his contract that it's lowering his trade value.

You can't help but wonder if there's a certain point where Albert brings the price down low enough that the Chiefs consider keeping him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-20-2013 05:41 PM

I guess my only dream now is to hope that Chase Daniel somehow morphs in to a sexual tyranysaurus rex, becoming the young QB we've always dreamed about when old bitch Alice gets knocked smooth the hell out.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy 04-20-2013 05:44 PM

From what I'm told, Albert wants to be a Dolphin. This contract will get done.

Albert's not stupid. The last thing he wants to do is to go into 2013 under a tag and not have a long term deal locked up. He played the absolute best football of his NFL life last year.

chiefzilla1501 04-20-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9608111)
I guess my only dream now is to hope that Chase Daniel somehow morphs in to a sexual tyranysaurus rex, becoming the young QB we've always dreamed about when old bitch Alice gets knocked smooth the hell out.
Posted via Mobile Device

There are a lot of QBs that look like they'll fall into the second round. My guess is some or all of Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley, or EJ Manuel would fall. Zac Dysert is an interesting late round selection.

I like Geno Smith, but it's not like he's head and shoulders better than these guys. Put these QBs in front of good QB coaching and I think they'll do fine. If we go with a second round QB from that list, I won't be overly disappointed.

Mr. Laz 04-20-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9608110)
You can't help but wonder if there's a certain point where Albert brings the price down low enough that the Chiefs consider keeping him.

It's a possibility

I mean if negotiations with Miami end up showing Albert and his Agent that the Chiefs' offer was fair, instead of insulting, then he could change his tune.

Albert was acting insulted imo

It seems that most players would rather move to another team and take lower money then stay with their current team though.

Mr. Laz 04-20-2013 05:49 PM

Albert lives in Miami so he very well could want to be a Dolphin

just like Carr wanted to be a Cowboy :D

penbrook 04-20-2013 05:50 PM

True. Bowe played under the franchise tag. Yes he held out through some training camp but yes he played that season. He said very little and actually got rewarded.

Hypothetically I know it wont happen but if Albert were to miracuosly remain a Chief and play under the tag Im sure he would get rewarded.

The Bad Guy 04-20-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9608110)

Ship has sailed.

penbrook 04-20-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9608125)
Albert lives in Miami so he very well could want to be a Dolphin

just like Carr wanted to be a Cowboy :D

Same with Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Flowers, and Sean Smith. They all live in Miami.

The Bad Guy 04-20-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9608128)
True. Bowe played under the franchise tag. Yes he held out through some training camp but yes he played that season. He said very little and actually got rewarded.

Hypothetically I know it wont happen but if Albert were to miracuosly remain a Chief and play under the tag Im sure he would get rewarded.

Pretty different situation. Chiefs had no alternatives for replacing Bowe. As much as I disagree with it, they have options to replace Albert.

Hammock Parties 04-20-2013 05:52 PM

Can we send Sean Smith back to Miami and keep Albert?