ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

Buehler445 06-28-2016 01:45 PM

Rest up dude.

Lonewolf Ed 06-28-2016 02:11 PM

One of my female friends made my pain levels soar today. She asked how I was sleeping and I said, and I quote, "I generally readjust one hour per day, so I am almost back on Kansas time." What does that have to do with sleeping, she asked. Everything, I replied. Since I was used to being 7 hours ahead, my body tells me at 3 am that it is time for breakfast and has been for a while. When it's noon here, I feel like I should have had dinner by now.

Ok, I get that, but what does reading just one hour do? "I didn't say anything about reading!" Yes, you did. "Ok... I will spell it slowly for you readddjjjjjussssst." Right, you read just one hour. "NO, I DON'T READ ANYTHING! Why are you trying to kill me here, woman? Readjust is one word, not two!" I'm not a moron and I can read. "Well, I told you I didn't say anything about reading so why won't you believe me?" Well, I have a cursive font on messenger, so it looked like two words. "Then change it or you will be reading my obituary in cursive!!" :cuss:

I don't even want to read the sports page now. :#

Meatloaf 06-28-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12293730)
One of my female friends made my pain levels soar today. She asked how I was sleeping and I said, and I quote, "I generally readjust one hour per day, so I am almost back on Kansas time." What does that have to do with sleeping, she asked. Everything, I replied. Since I was used to being 7 hours ahead, my body tells me at 3 am that it is time for breakfast and has been for a while. When it's noon here, I feel like I should have had dinner by now.

Ok, I get that, but what does reading just one hour do? "I didn't say anything about reading!" Yes, you did. "Ok... I will spell it slowly for you readddjjjjjussssst." Right, you read just one hour. "NO, I DON'T READ ANYTHING! Why are you trying to kill me here, woman? Readjust is one word, not two!" I'm not a moron and I can read. "Well, I told you I didn't say anything about reading so why won't you believe me?" Well, I have a cursive font on messenger, so it looked like two words. "Then change it or you will be reading my obituary in cursive!!" :cuss:

I don't even want to read the sports page now. :#

Welcome back!!!

Lonewolf Ed 06-28-2016 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12293734)
Welcome back!!!

I should have stayed longer!

Lonewolf Ed 06-30-2016 04:56 AM

I got my test results back on MyChart, but aside from a bunch of numbers, it doesn't say what is making me feel sick. I was alarmed by the reading they got in my lactate dehydrogenase. It's supposed to be 100-210, and mine had been in the mid 250s earlier this year, but now it was 463. I googled it and that usually indicates tissue damage of some sort and some cancers can cause the high numbers. So, in either case, that doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-30-2016 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12296080)
I got my test results back on MyChart, but aside from a bunch of numbers, it doesn't say what is making me feel sick. I was alarmed by the reading they got in my lactate dehydrogenase. It's supposed to be 100-210, and mine had been in the mid 250s earlier this year, but now it was 463. I googled it and that usually indicates tissue damage of some sort and some cancers can cause the high numbers. So, in either case, that doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

You're speaking Chinese to me, thankfully, but I shall continue to pray for your recovery.

Lonewolf Ed 06-30-2016 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12296097)
You're speaking Chinese to me, thankfully, but I shall continue to pray for your recovery.

I am surprised I can spell it. I got an email from the nurse and they can't find a source of infection, so that could be the cancer running wild which is causing the spike in the LDH. I might have a CT scan before my doctor's appointment on the 6th. It would have been better if it was an infection. This could be bad in an already bad situation.

Lonewolf Ed 07-06-2016 11:49 AM

I didn't get very good news today at the doc. My CEA has soared again, now up to 277. He also heard "crackling" in my lungs. Since my genes showed no abnormalities, I am not a candidate for the immunotherapy clinical trial, which it seemed to me might have been my one shot at ridding myself of cancer. I go in for a CT scan Monday and back to the doc on Wednesday. What is next for me is still up in the air.

BlackHelicopters 07-06-2016 01:47 PM

Praying for the best. Stay optimistic dude.

srvy 07-06-2016 04:29 PM

Praying hard for you Ed and as always wishing for a good result in your CT scan. Maybe the crackling in your lungs is picked up bronchitis from trip or allergy.
I had that last winter I would lay down and the gurgling and crackling would keep me awake with my breathing. Took 6 months for me to rid that stuff. Every now and then I still here to this day. Doc say x-rays look fine just congestion from allergy so albuterhol and Flonase with heavy round of anti biotic. The wet weather and being cooler may have caught you a bug. Keep your chin up.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

IA_Chiefs_fan 07-06-2016 05:35 PM

Thinking of you, Ed.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-06-2016 06:04 PM

You just keep your head up, good sir.

Buehler445 07-06-2016 09:53 PM

Thinking of you Ed. Hopefully it is just a chest cold or something. I got raped by something right at the start of wheat harvest. Hopefully you can shake it like I did.

scho63 07-07-2016 04:48 AM

Keep on fighting Ed!

Maybe you need some more Danish beer. :D

stumppy 07-07-2016 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12304073)
Keep on fighting Ed!

Maybe you need some more Danish beer. :D

And boobs.....Danish beer and boobs.

It'll cure what ails ya Ed. Well, they'll take your mind off of it for a while.