ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The list of 85 by Roastmaster Saul Good. And hey, it's actually saul good. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273212)

rico 06-20-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9764600)
This site needs more Bob Dole, IMO.

Yes, yes it does. Someone should prompt that AphexPhin character to send Bob Dole a pm, asking for him to participate in this thread.

Frosty 06-20-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9764602)
And political scie.....

....okay, mine was kinda easy. But I did have to write a lot. I have several hundred pages worth of completely useless position papers, capstone pieces and other such shenanigans.

And to be honest, having seen how many people now use the written/spoken word, I'm pretty glad to have spent so much time writing as that's a legitimate skill that I'll get to use against the hordes of miscreant 20-somethings that can't communicate in complete sentences.

I enjoyed writing, which surprised the hell out of me since I hated it in high school. I had offers to be a tutor in technical writing and almost went that route but the job opportunities (and pay) were too limited.

Unfortunately, between texting and posting on the internet over the year, my skills have severely diminished. :( It's too easy to get lazy.

DJ's left nut 06-20-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9764558)
I admire anyone who has taken the time out to attain their college degree, no matter in what discipline.

What I do find appalling is the following:

1) The belief that you must have a degree or your earning potential is limited. I may not be able to pull down Dr, Lawyer, Dentist or CEO money but I know many non-degreed people who pull down more money than CPA's, Accountants, and other degreed vocations.

2) The belief that having a degree makes you more capable of performing a function than a person with experience.

3) On the flip side, a person who doesn't have their degree bitching and moaning about having to work harder to prove themselves. It's the road we've taken....accept it, work harder to prove you are just as capable and overcome everyone's misconceptions.

My belief on degrees is simple:

The degree itself isn't what gives you the skills that make you capable of performing a function better than someone with experience. The degree is, however, a reflection of the skills you have outside of the piece of paper itself (notably the persistence to attain it and the commitment to improving your place in the world) and those skills may very well serve an employer better than mere experience.

Now, I agree that this isn't a universal truth; some degrees are just earned through daddy's money and some HS dropouts will work harder to improve themselves than I ever will. However, employers have to use the law of large numbers to make it easier on themselves. Overwhelmingly, the people that go after that degree are going to be more driven than those that don't. In a labor pool with an abundance of applicants, I don't have the time or energy to go digging for the outliers. If I play the percentages, I'm going to be better for it in the long run.

It's not a 'misconception' that you have to disprove if you don't have a degree. It's that you have to prove that you're the outlier to to accurate perception.

loochy 06-20-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

And to be honest, having seen how many people now use the written/spoken word, I'm pretty glad to have spent so much time writing as that's a legitimate skill that I'll get to use against the hordes of miscreant 20-somethings that can't communicate in complete sentences.

their just a bunch of idiot's

Mosbonian 06-20-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9764619)
My belief on degrees is simple:

The degree itself isn't what gives you the skills that make you capable of performing a function better than someone with experience. The degree is, however, a reflection of the skills you have outside of the piece of paper itsels (notably the persistence to attain it and the commitment to improving your place in the world) and those skills may very well serve an employer better than mere experience.

Now, I agree that this isn't a universal truth; some degrees are just earned through daddy's money and some HS dropouts will work harder to improve themselves than I ever will. However, employers have to use the law of large numbers to make it easier on themselves. Overwhelmingly, the people that go after that degree going to be more driven than those that don't. In a labor pool with an abundance of applicants, I don't have the time or energy to go digging for the outliers. If I play the percentages, I'm going to be better for it in the long run.

It's not a 'misconception' that you have to disprove if you don't have a degree. It's that you have to prove that you're the outlier to to accurate perception.

Unless I am reading you incorrectly I think we pretty much agree, just coming at it from a different perspective. I do disagree with the bolded statement to some extent, and that you just address HS dropouts not those who finished HS and got some college courses.

I will say this having been a Manager for a number of years....I keep my eyes open for all candidates just because of my perspective. Unless it is a highly skilled job, I give everyone with experience the opportunity to interview for a position.

ThaVirus 06-20-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

And political scie.....

....okay, mine was kinda easy. But I did have to write a lot. I have several hundred pages worth of completely useless position papers, capstone pieces and other such shenanigans.

High-5, broski. I just wrapped up my Bachelor's in Poli Sci.

Donger 06-20-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9764641)
High-5, broski. I just wrapped up my Bachelor's in Poli Sci.

Congratulations. Are you going to teach, or go into sales?

loochy 06-20-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9764642)

ROFL

ThaVirus 06-20-2013 11:11 AM

LMAO That's basically the issue I'm facing. Wish I had a better plan going into college but its all good. It was a good life experience at the very least.

Donger 06-20-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9764645)
LMAO That's basically the issue I'm facing. Wish I had a better plan going into college but its all good. It was a good life experience at the very least.

I understand. At least you can say that you are better than those without a degree.

ThaVirus 06-20-2013 11:12 AM

I cod have gone these route if I had chosen a different track though. Poli Sci degrees aren't completely worthless.

*could have gone the law route

****ing phone.

crazycoffey 06-20-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9764415)
It's an entertaining thread, no doubt. But it is so due to the rubberneck factor related to the train-wreck. I just have a problem qualifying a member's value based on the number of responses their threads have. Does that make Big Daddy one of the most valuable members of the Planet due to his girly thread? Who gets to take credit for this thread? PGM? Hootie? SaulG?

Don't forget the 10pm thread is up there. Certainly the majority here can agree that doesn't make me an awesome thread maker

Donger 06-20-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9764648)
Don't forget the 10pm thread is up there. Certainly the majority here can agree that doesn't make me an awesome thread maker

Agreed.

Frosty 06-20-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/M...YziIX1ZvAl.jpg

Mosbonian 06-20-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9764647)
I understand. At least you can say that you are better than those without a degree.

Bull...

SAUTO 06-20-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9764437)

GIF posters
Snarky one liner posters
Goofy posters
A-hole posters
Intelligent posters
Fat posters
Tranny posters
Government conspiracy posters
Excessively politically liberal posters
Regular dude posters
Borderline reeruned posters
Blackbob troll posters

this describes me exactly
Posted via Mobile Device

tooge 06-20-2013 11:24 AM

[QUOTE=Mosbonian;9764558]I admire anyone who has taken the time out to attain their college degree, no matter in what discipline.

1) The belief that you must have a degree or your earning potential is limited. I may not be able to pull down Dr, Lawyer, Dentist or CEO money but I know many non-degreed people who pull down more money than CPA's, Accountants, and other degreed vocations.

2) The belief that having a degree makes you more capable of performing a function than a person with experience.

3) On the flip side, a person who doesn't have their degree bitching and moaning about having to work harder to prove themselves. It's the road we've taken....accept it, work harder to prove you are just as capable and overcome everyone's misconceptions.[/QUOTENever said it was required to make a good living. But to say its easy or over rated is ignorant

crazycoffey 06-20-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9764651)
Agreed.

Yet you still posted in it 72 times....

Phobia 06-20-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9764668)

How many times did I post in it?

Donger 06-20-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9764668)

Okay, but I don't remember a single one of them.

BlackHelicopters 06-20-2013 11:28 AM

Be very afraid.

Phobia 06-20-2013 11:28 AM

[QUOTE=tooge;9764666]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9764558)
I admire anyone who has taken the time out to attain their college degree, no matter in what discipline.

3) On the flip side, a person who doesn't have their degree bitching and moaning about having to work harder to prove themselves. It's the road we've taken....accept it, work harder to prove you are just as capable and overcome everyone's misconceptions.[/QUOTENever said it was required to make a good living. But to say its easy or over rated is ignorant

You need a degree to screw up the quote function like a champ though.

loochy 06-20-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9764663)
this describes me exactly
Posted via Mobile Device

sorry i forgot asian mechanic poster

Donger 06-20-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9764673)

LMAO

SAUTO 06-20-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9764479)
Dude, now that's just ****ing rude. Seriously I think down deep everyone knows you are a good dude and fair with people. A little more stern than other mods but whatever. I really dislike bannings other than short ones. Every once in a while the hammer needs to be dropped on worthless trolls.

You are a good dude and a credit to this site in many many meaningful ways. If you did let things slide just a tad more I think you would be spot on. Just my opinion but seriously to let someone like Hootie get under your skin is beneath you.

Exactly this.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus 06-20-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9764660)

Ooooook. That's just a bit much.

Mosbonian 06-20-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9764666)
Never said it was required to make a good living. But to say its easy or over rated is ignorant

I hope you realize I never stated that...

tooge 06-20-2013 11:33 AM

[QUOTE=Phobia;9764673]
Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9764666)

Heh. From my phone. I slept through Message Boards 101.

crazycoffey 06-20-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9764670)
How many times did I post in it?

You already know the answer to this

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9764672)
Okay, but I don't remember a single one of them.

Walk down memory lane;
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/searc...earchid=925889

Donger 06-20-2013 11:34 AM

LMAO

Donger 06-20-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9764686)

No thanks.

crazycoffey 06-20-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9764694)
No thanks.

Only trying to help, they say memory loss is one of the first to go.

Frosty 06-20-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 9764689)
Would it help if I told you she's a manager?

...with a BA in Poli Sci.

J Diddy 06-20-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9764703)
Only trying to help, they say memory loss is one of the first to go.

I thought it was the boners, then the memory.

Saul Good 06-20-2013 12:02 PM

Where in the hell did PGM and SNR go?

Marcellus 06-20-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9764744)

When you cant remember the last time you had a boner.

Its a "what came first the Chicken or the egg?" argument.

SAUTO 06-20-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9764749)
Where in the hell did PGM and SNR go?

They were mults of that aphex guy. Phobia waxed them
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey 06-20-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9764744)

I said it was one of the first things to go, it's called leaving the guy some dignity....

Pablo 06-20-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9764529)
go get a BS in physics, chemistry, or biology and tell me how it isn't hard. I've been there, and it was grueling. Probably 50% of the students that started pre med dropped by year two.

I'm never going to bash on somebody for getting a degree in the hard sciences. Those are always respectable. And I'm not going to bash on somebody who decided to go the BA or easy BS route and is obtaining/has obtained their Master's or Doctorate. Some fields those advanced degrees truly matter, others not so much. It's just hilarious the number of people with Comm, Poli Sci, Psych, Econ, Sociology, Business Admin degrees that end up selling cars at your local Kia dealership because they didn't have the drive to excel in their chose field and/or got a trash-ass degree to begin with.

And Hootie may be very, very correct in the long run about degrees being over-rated for his(and my) generation. Every ****ing body and their brother has a BS or BA in my age group. Some use them for their intended purposes. Quite a few never use them at all. The market is over-saturated with dipshits that got a piece of paper and have no idea how to use it.

Shit, I did it for a little while. Floated around with a BS in Econ, minor in Poli Sci so I was really covering my ass there. A bachelor's degree simply shows you had the time, money, and commitment to complete your course work. You showed ambition in getting that piece of paper. It doesn't make you any less of a dipshit when you get dropped out into the real world and nobody cares about your Sociology: Studies of the Elderly course during a job interview.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-20-2013 12:21 PM

Worthless history degree here. Haven't had a decent job in my life.

Pablo 06-20-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9764778)
Worthless history degree here. Haven't had a decent job in my life.

That happens. Sucks, but it's a reality.

I bet for as poorly as Hootie's job situation as a waiter/bus boy/whatever you guys invent is portrayed on here; there are five people with shit degrees making shit money and a lot of debt that would trade for that laughable job and no debt in a heart beat.

crazycoffey 06-20-2013 12:30 PM

Thread title is wrong by the way. Instead of "it's actually Saul Good" can you change it to, "actually it's Saul Good"

Saul Good 06-20-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9764789)
Thread title is wrong by the way. Instead of "it's actually Saul Good" can you change it to, "actually it's Saul Good"

Still wrong...

Actually...saul good

DJ's left nut 06-20-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Don't forget post-graduate degrees. And Insurance.

But apart from those, yeah I'd say that about covers it.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-20-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9764786)
That happens. Sucks, but it's a reality.

I bet for as poorly as Hootie's job situation as a waiter/bus boy/whatever you guys invent is portrayed on here; there are five people with shit degrees making shit money and a lot of debt that would trade for that laughable job and no debt in a heart beat.

I have a friend who was a physics major and graduated with honors and he's working at a steakhouse right now while paying back loans. Also living with his parents. But he's a bright dude, and Im sure he'll find something soon.

As it stands, Im in Grad school. Went back after almost two years working a shitty job at a group home.

Thig Lyfe 06-20-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

wats wrong w tht

Frosty 06-20-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9764798)
I have a friend who was a physics major and graduated with honors and he's working at a steakhouse right now while paying back loans. Also living with his parents. But he's a bright dude, and Im sure he'll find something soon.

As it stands, Im in Grad school. Went back after almost two years working a shitty job at a group home.

Hard science degrees with just a BS are tough to find work in. You are almost required to get an advanced degree. That's why my son is going for his Chem Engineering degree instead of just the Chemistry degree he was thinking about before that.

Hootie 06-20-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9763653)
Anyone that doesn't respect Diddy for starting over and going after the goal he has for himself is a dipshit.

Nothing but props and respect here J, and good vibes for your continued good health.

I agree...

but lol

he was a pizza guy who bashed me for being a hotel 'clerk' because he's going to be a 'doctor' in 5 years

do you get the hypocricy here or...?

Hootie 06-20-2013 12:46 PM

It just fascinates me that I have stumbled into a pretty good job due to a lot of hard work and great references I've acquired over the years and then someone inevitably will bash me for it, make up some position that I have (like busboy, or clerk), and then I'll come to find out they are less successful than me.

Pretty logical.

Frazod 06-20-2013 12:46 PM

Look who just crawled out of bed.

Donger 06-20-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9764815)
It just fascinates me that I have stumbled into a pretty good job due to a lot of hard work and great references I've acquired over the years and then someone inevitably will bash me for it, make up some position that I have (like busboy, or clerk), and then I'll come to find out they are less successful than me.

Pretty logical.

What kind of work do you do, Hootie?

ThaVirus 06-20-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9764773)
I'm never going to bash on somebody for getting a degree in the hard sciences. Those are always respectable. And I'm not going to bash on somebody who decided to go the BA or easy BS route and is obtaining/has obtained their Master's or Doctorate. Some fields those advanced degrees truly matter, others not so much. It's just hilarious the number of people with Comm, Poli Sci, Psych, Econ, Sociology, Business Admin degrees that end up selling cars at your local Kia dealership because they didn't have the drive to excel in their chose field and/or got a trash-ass degree to begin with.

And Hootie may be very, very correct in the long run about degrees being over-rated for his(and my) generation. Every ****ing body and their brother has a BS or BA in my age group. Some use them for their intended purposes. Quite a few never use them at all. The market is over-saturated with dipshits that got a piece of paper and have no idea how to use it.

Shit, I did it for a little while. Floated around with a BS in Econ, minor in Poli Sci so I was really covering my ass there. A bachelor's degree simply shows you had the time, money, and commitment to complete your course work. You showed ambition in getting that piece of paper. It doesn't make you any less of a dipshit when you get dropped out into the real world and nobody cares about your Sociology: Studies of the Elderly course during a job interview.

Yeah, they should do a better job of letting kids know that those degrees are basicay shit. But, colleges are basicay businesses so they'll never do that..

Thankfully I was able to wrap up my Bachelor's with no debt whatsoever so I'm not much worse off for wear.

Hootie 06-20-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9764506)
I just don't get it. This thread had 8,000 posts in it before Phobia showed up and suddenly decided that he needed to flex his mod-muscles. Other mods have been posting here, and none of them saw fit to ban anyone...but here comes phobia.

he banned Clay for posting a .gif of Oprah laughing. Seriously.

Hootie 06-20-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9764515)
It's okay that you don't understand why somebody got banned. You never do. I've learned that it's not even worth taking the time to explain it to you because you're going to believe that it's a massive conspiracy anyway.

ROFL

You removed him and a post from this thread. It was like 10 .gifs that took up very little room of Oprah pointing and laughing. You really expect us to believe that if Donger posted that you would have removed him from the thread?

Sometimes you're just a joke man. You have some void in your life that causes you to act like this. You're supposed to be the mature grown up, not the immature degenerate (that's my role).

Saul Good 06-20-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9764837)

Well shit, phobia...why didn't you just say so? That's perfectly reasonable.

Every time Oprah pics are posted, two solid posters leave forever. You were left with no choice.

rico 06-20-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Was she naked?

Phobia 06-20-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

What else was in the post, sport? Everybody on death row is innocent.

Hootie 06-20-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9764846)
What else was in the post, sport? Everybody on death row is innocent.

I don't know...I saw it originally and had no idea there was any rules violation?

Here is what he sent me via PM:

You banned him for this, according to him. I had originally seen it before you removed it and noticed no filter evasion or anything...but I didn't look particularly hard?

http://i.imgur.com/moaQPtq.jpg

Hootie 06-20-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9764819)
Look who just crawled out of bed.

Just went to lunch with this girl I've been banging and she just went home. There is a reason I generally don't post from 9:30 PM on...

I have a life. A life many of you seem to envy. Which is weird.

Hootie 06-20-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9764820)
What kind of work do you do, Hootie?

I mop the floors at the Illini Arcade. It's a porn shop. Great hours and benefits.

Phobia 06-20-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9764853)
I don't know...I saw it originally and had no idea there was any rules violation?

You banned him for this, according to him. I had originally seen it before you removed it and noticed no filter evasion or anything...but I didn't look particularly hard?

So you don't know context or what else was even in the post? Yet you can condemn me for policing this site and enforcing the rules the best I can. GTFO.

loochy 06-20-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9764853)

what an evil SOB

Phobia 06-20-2013 01:12 PM

Banned from one thread. Such a ruthless dictator... the virtual equivalent of being fed feet first into a grinder.

Phobia 06-20-2013 01:12 PM

Banned from one thread. Such a ruthless dictator... the virtual equivalent of being fed feet first into a grinder.

Hootie 06-20-2013 01:13 PM

my thoughts on college are simple:

They should make it more difficult. I don't think they should let anyone who tries get a degree. There should be more demanding deadlines at public universities. Professors should grade tougher. They should give out more challenging work. Everyone shouldn't pass for just showing up and showing effort. It's a joke.

I know so many people with degrees from the University of Illinois that have literally zero potential to become productive members of the work force. They don't have the work ethic. Maybe they can acquire it? I'm not sure.

I know that, BECAUSE I HAD TO, I developed a great work ethic when I moved out on my own when I was 18. If I didn't, I couldn't pay my bills and then I'd have to live at home like Mecca and have my mom keep picking out my outfits for me in the morning and shopping for me at Marshall's and getting me corduroys when I hate corduroys...

So yeah...I don't want to be a lawyer or a doctor...but I'm pretty sure with proper training I have the common sense, desire and work ethic to be successful with any employer who gave me an opportunity.

And I have proved that in my new position...and I really lucked into someone giving me a great opportunity.

So at least my theory has proven correct in my life. A degree is a sense of entitlement for a lot of the generation Y kids who think things should be handed to them after they binge drink their way into a 2.5 GPA bachelors degree...

I'd hire someone with an impeccable work record and great references over someone who was a fresh graduate with no work experience who never held a job during college to focus on 'studies'...because you know these college kids are doing 50 hours of homework per week...

Oh wait, no they aren't. I've had two recent girlfriends who graduated with honors who would literally do less than 10 hours of school work per week...add that in with 15 hours of class? Yeah. Sorry.

I'll respect people who go to tough universites and get tough degrees, or engineers...etc.

I'm not going to respect someone with an econ degree. Anyone could do that. I just fell into the trap of liking the restaurant industry and had no desire to attend class when I was in school. I got too comfortable making $100-$200 every shift, partying, and womanizing. I have my regrets but I have a great job now with a great outlook.

patteeu 06-20-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9764857)
So you don't know context or what else was even in the post? Yet you can condemn me for policing this site and enforcing the rules the best I can. GTFO.

So what was it that got him banned? Why all the mystery?

Hootie 06-20-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

I actually do remember...

Donger posted your rule about 'Respecting Moderators'...and he responded to the post with that .gif.

and then he was removed from the thread for abuse.

Now, please tell me you would have removed anyone other than Clay for that post. Do it with a straight face. And don't say, "yeah, you" because I'm an adult and I never post in .gifs.

loochy 06-20-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9764863)
my thoughts on college are simple:

They should make it more difficult. I don't think they should let anyone who tries get a degree. There should be more demanding deadlines at public universities. Professors should grade tougher. They should give out more challenging work. Everyone shouldn't pass for just showing up and showing effort. It's a joke.

I know so many people with degrees from the University of Illinois that have literally zero potential to become productive members of the work force. They don't have the work ethic. Maybe they can acquire it? I'm not sure.

I know that, BECAUSE I HAD TO, I developed a great work ethic when I moved out on my own when I was 18. If I didn't, I couldn't pay my bills and then I'd have to live at home like Mecca and have my mom keep picking out my outfits for me in the morning and shopping for me at Marshall's and getting me corduroys when I hate corduroys...

So yeah...I don't want to be a lawyer or a doctor...but I'm pretty sure with proper training I have the common sense, desire and work ethic to be successful with any employer who gave me an opportunity.

And I have proved that in my new position...and I really lucked into someone giving me a great opportunity.

So at least my theory has proven correct in my life. A degree is a sense of entitlement for a lot of the generation Y kids who think things should be handed to them after they binge drink their way into a 2.5 GPA bachelors degree...

I'd hire someone with an impeccable work record and great references over someone who was a fresh graduate with no work experience who never held a job during college to focus on 'studies'...because you know these college kids are doing 50 hours of homework per week...

Oh wait, no they aren't. I've had two recent girlfriends who graduated with honors who would literally do less than 10 hours of school work per week...add that in with 15 hours of class? Yeah. Sorry.

I'll respect people who go to tough universites and get tough degrees, or engineers...etc.

I'm not going to respect someone with an econ degree. Anyone could do that. I just fell into the trap of liking the restaurant industry and had no desire to attend class when I was in school. I got too comfortable making $100-$200 every shift, partying, and womanizing. I have my regrets but I have a great job now with a great outlook.

I hope you are contributing to a retirement account of some sort

Hootie 06-20-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9763038)
Respect for Moderator Team

Moderators are members of the site first and leadership secondarily. Nobody expects you to kiss their ass or accept every decision as perfect and final. However, if you dispute a decision in which you were moderated, you may wish to use some tact if you expect to gain any favor. Use some common sense and you should be fine. Attack and disrespect the leadership and we offer no apologies for the duration of your vacation from this site.

this is the post he quoted with that .gif

when I read it in real time I don't think he added any words to the post...just the .gif

so I'm not quite sure what rule he broke other than maybe mocking this rule with an Oprah .gif?

I don't know. I'm confused.

Donger 06-20-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9764874)

when I read it in real time I don't think he added any words to the post...just the .gif

so I'm not quite sure what rule he broke other than maybe mocking this rule with an Oprah .gif?

Do you understand what "Respect for Moderator Team" means?

Phobia 06-20-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9764866)
So what was it that got him banned? Why all the mystery?

He was banned from one stupid thread and he knows why. I know. He knows. The other mods know. Other than that, it's really none of your business. That's the way that's going to go. I don't have a problem discussing permabans or lengthy bans of regulars at length but I have no comment otherwise. He needs to pull up his big-boy britches and learn from it and the rest of you need to butt out for minor slaps to the wrist.

Donger 06-20-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9764856)
I mop the floors at the Illini Arcade. It's a porn shop. Great hours and benefits.

I was actually being serious, but I understand if you don't want to answer honestly.

Marcellus 06-20-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9764874)

In your opinion, how many times do you think its alright to call someone a pussy before they have the right to knock your ass out? Or at least down?

Hootie 06-20-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9764872)
I hope you are contributing to a retirement account of some sort

I am...but why?

Do you realize my cost of living is disgustingly low?

Do you realize I'm single with zero debt and make a salary of $40,000 a year in Champaign, IL?

Do you realize my bills every month come out to less than $800?

I mean...wtf?

I'm truly baffled. I live so comfortably it's ridiculous. And my next promotion is going to basically double my salary (and it will probably happen within the next 2 years since relocation to anywhere is not an issue).

I just don't understand.

Do you realize how much disposable income I have? I realize I am not rich, and that is not a lot of money for someone that has responsibilities, kids, or a family...

but I have NONE of that. None. I could live off of $18,000 if I needed to in Champaign. Probably less.

Frazod 06-20-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9764855)
Just went to lunch with this girl I've been banging and she just went home. There is a reason I generally don't post from 9:30 PM on...

I have a life. A life many of you seem to envy. Which is weird.

Gochiefs definitely wants to be you.

BigCatDaddy 06-20-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9764845)
Was she naked?

Eww. That should be a permaban.

Hootie 06-20-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9764882)
In your opinion, how many times do you think its alright to call someone a pussy before they have the right to knock your ass out? Or at least down?

I think people who settle things with violence are mentally deficient.

I don't do the macho stuff. It's ignorant. I have common sense.

Hootie 06-20-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9764889)
Gochiefs definitely wants to be you.

Probably. I don't blame him. This new girl is a sexual deviant.

Frazod 06-20-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9764893)
Probably. I don't blame him. This new girl is a sexual deviant.

Does she blast you with the strapon?

Saul Good 06-20-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Why is it always you, though? DaFace has been here. So has BRC. Bearcat, too. Bowser and Flop have even been updating the OP and thread title. Hell, Flop's got nearly 200 posts in this thread.

Why is it always you? You've obviously got a history with Clay that keeps you from being objective, so why don't you just recuse yourself from anything that involves him. Let the other mods deal with him.