ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

Mr. Laz 04-20-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9608128)
True. Bowe played under the franchise tag. Yes he held out through some training camp but yes he played that season. He said very little and actually got rewarded.

Hypothetically I know it wont happen but if Albert were to miracuosly remain a Chief and play under the tag Im sure he would get rewarded.

well that's just it ... if Albert were to stay it would be because negotiations with the Dolphins showed Albert his market value.

So he would just sign a long term contract with the chiefs and not have to play under the tag.

Titty Meat 04-20-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9608118)
From what I'm told, Albert wants to be a Dolphin. This contract will get done.

Albert's not stupid. The last thing he wants to do is to go into 2013 under a tag and not have a long term deal locked up. He played the absolute best football of his NFL life last year.

He might not be stupid but our GM is.

Good god trading for a shit QB and letting a good player go. Repeating all of Piolis mistakes in 1 year.

chiefzilla1501 04-20-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9608135)
well that's just it ... if Albert were to stay it would be because negotiations with the Dolphins showed Albert his market value.

So he would just sign a long term contract with the chiefs and not have to play under the tag.

I'm going to trust that if Bad Guy doesn't think so, then he's working off some pretty good information. Bummer.

Saccopoo 04-20-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCwolf (Post 9608103)
You seem to be the one that talks football the most ....

What is your opinion of the BEST player in draft - which is Chance Wormack..

and what Lucky ASS team will draft him ?? G @ 1/1 is insane... but the kid is it

Chance Warmack, prior to the start of the 2012 college football season, was the third rated OL on the Tide behind Barrett Jones and DJ Fluker. It was Jones moving into the center position which then sandwiched Warmack between he and Fluker that catapulted him into first round consideration.

He measured smaller than what everyone thought he would at the combine and is apparently dumb as a fence post. He didn't bench at the combine and doesn't have very good quickness.

Personally, I don't think he's as good a prospect at the guard position in this draft as Jon Cooper.

-King- 04-20-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 9608088)
I have really soured to Albert and his whiney bitch act. You will play whatever position is best for the team.

I still remember him tweeting about how he got screwed out of the probowl like 3 years ago. I remember just laughing thinking how delusional he is

LOL

Direckshun 04-20-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

and what Lucky ASS team will draft him ?? G @ 1/1 is insane... but the kid is it

I think Warmack's overrated.

A real talent, to be sure. But I wouldn't touch him until the late 1st. Not in the early or mid-first. I think Johnathan Cooper's better.

Warmack is a good player, but I think he's looked superhuman playing next to DJ Fluker and Barratt Jones, both of whom are Top 5 talents at their respective positions in this draft. (Jones is the best center.)

I would avoid Warmack unless I have a huge hole at guard and I've got one of the last six picks in the first. I would probably take a harder look at him in the 2nd.

Bowser 04-20-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9608118)
From what I'm told, Albert wants to be a Dolphin. This contract will get done.

Albert's not stupid. The last thing he wants to do is to go into 2013 under a tag and not have a long term deal locked up. He played the absolute best football of his NFL life last year.

Well, at least it wasn't the Chiefs thinking that Joeckel or Fisher would be better than Albert as rookies, but Albert just not wanting to be here anymore. That makes it somewhat better if we take a tackle at 1.1, even if the selection still sucks.

Hammock Parties 04-20-2013 06:01 PM

Albert doesn't want to be here because we aren't paying him. Period.

Albert is blameless.

The Bad Guy 04-20-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9608154)
Albert doesn't want to be here because we aren't paying him. Period.

Albert is blameless.

Yes, if you consider blameless telling your boss that you aren't willing to play anywhere else for the good of the team.

Sorter 04-20-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9608007)
a left tackle in his prime for a team that needs help at left tackle

yea, nothing alike at all

value left tackle > (non-megatron type) wide receiver

ROFL.

Not every team views OL players as other positions.

Given how the Bears have addressed their OL in the recent years (difficult with Emery only being there 1 year), it's probably safe to say that they view WR as a more important position.

Additionally your last sentence is silly as well. It's exceptionally bland and doesn't take into account a variety of factors (i.e. while Percy Harvin isn't a "Megatron" WR, he's probably viewed as a more valuable piece by several teams).

Sorter 04-20-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

It's not.

Direckshun 04-20-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9608168)
It's not.

Who is, in your opinion?

Titty Meat 04-20-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9608160)
Yes, if you consider blameless telling your boss that you aren't willing to play anywhere else for the good of the team.

Where else were they going to play him?

penbrook 04-20-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9608178)
Where else were they going to play him?

Right Tackle.

-King- 04-20-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9608160)

Wait, you're saying he shouldn't have a problem with switching positions when he's a top 10 LT and had a career year last year?