ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If the Chiefs go 8-8 or better 49ers get a 2nd round pick. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272817)

patteeu 05-13-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9678575)
No, I don't.

But many in SUPPORT of the trade and price given cite that the team isn't "tied" to Alex Smith and can cut him lose, but that the deal was worth it because it gives them the best chance to win right now. While also saying that the Chiefs can always get their franchise guy later.

I don't either, so at least we're on the same page there.

I don't really see that argument being made in that way much by the people who support (or at least recognize the reasonableness of) the trade. Instead, what I see is those people throwing a bone to the Alex critics by saying if he sucks as bad as the critics say he's going to suck, the Chiefs haven't tied themselves to him in the way Pioli tied himself to Cassel. In the unexpected event that he does suck that bad, the Chiefs can easily move on after this season or after a lame duck 2nd season.

FTR, I expect an extension for Alex Smith next offseason and I don't expect the Chiefs to draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd next year.

Sandy Vagina 05-13-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9678581)
his team wanted him so bad they drafted his replacement, let him become a free agent, courted peyton manning, resigned him after manning signed, then benched him halfway through the year, then traded him.

that sounds like the timeline of a team "wanting" somone

Yet Harbaugh was sucking Alex off every chance he got to the media. Even brought Alex's wife flowers in the hospital. Harbaugh was the ultimate slick-oil salesman... He sucked Alex off to get him to stay in 2011... suckled some more to get him to start 2012 off at 6-2... then he pulled the rug out when he felt "his true golden boy" was ready. I get it. Kaepernick has crazy potential. Let us not pretend thought that Alex was discarded by Jim for some mediocre scrub though. Alex was in the top 5 in the NFL in efficiency when concussed... and then replaced.

O.city 05-13-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9678581)
his team wanted him so bad they drafted his replacement, let him become a free agent, courted peyton manning, resigned him after manning signed, then benched him halfway through the year, then traded him.

that sounds like the timeline of a team "wanting" somone

I forgot about the Manning courting. They didn't really want much to do with Alex Smith.

duncan_idaho 05-13-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9678591)
And I like it that they aren't rewarding Alex Smith with an extention like ***** did. They knew he was the best player available for the position, but if he doesn't back it up, he'll get benched.

The compensation sucks, but he was the best QB out there and we had no choice. SF had all the leverage.

Sure we did.

If the rebuild is such a messy situation and is going to take more than one offseason, spend less on a lesser QB to be your stopgap guy.

That was the alternative choice.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-13-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9678585)
best option to "win now" but its pretentious for us as fans to expect that. right?

This. The True Fan has now lined up behind Reid and are mooing their way to the OAD feeding trough. "don't give me logic or sense, please". "Moooooo" etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Alex Smith 4Ever 05-13-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9678552)
They wanted him so bad they benched him mid way through his best season and traded him in the following offseason...

Some peoples children.

You think the 49ers were going to pay Smith 7.5M to be a backup? GTFO. He was on his way to being cut as well. Shame the Chiefs were too scared that someone else might get a mediocre QB who hasn't done much better than Cassel for his career and overspent on yet another 49er washout.

Smith wasn't going to be cut. Someone would have traded for him. And who should we have gone after instead? Second round pick Geno Smith?

SAUTO 05-13-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9678593)
Yet Harbaugh was sucking Alex off every chance he got to the media. Even brought Alex's wife flowers in the hospital. Harbaugh was the ultimate slick-oil salesman... He sucked Alex off to get him to stay in 2011... suckled some more to get him to start 2012 off at 6-2... then he pulled the rug out when he felt "his true golden boy" was ready. I get it. Kaepernick has crazy potential. Let us not pretend thought that Alex was discarded by Jim for some mediocre scrub though. Alex was in the top 5 in the NFL in efficiency when concussed... and then replaced.

no one has said anywhere they discarded him for a scrub...

but they got as much or more back from him than they gave up for the future guy

SAUTO 05-13-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9678595)
I forgot about the Manning courting. They didn't really want much to do with Alex Smith.

now the guys will say " but but it was manning"

but it wasnt just that. they then benched him for the unproven kapernick.

and i know he gotconcussed but he could have played again and kap's first two games were nothing special

Sandy Vagina 05-13-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9678597)
This. The True Fan has now lined up behind Reid and are mooing their way to the OAD feeding trough. "don't give me logic or sense, please". "Moooooo" etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

See, this is the problem. You guys have given your faith to prior regimes and in turn, ate shit for being wrong. So now, you absolutely refuse to let that happen again. It's call being butt-hurt... scarred for life... and scared. You are scared to ever give some hope and faith to your team. Scared, lil boys...standing in the corner and crying, "I loved her and she hurt me!!! I'll never love again!!!! Neva!!!!"

Your team would be real proud of ya! :thumb:

SAUTO 05-13-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith 4Ever (Post 9678598)
Smith wasn't going to be cut. Someone would have traded for him. And who should we have gone after instead? Second round pick Geno Smith?

see this isnt a "we" thing.

but **** yeah they should have gone after geno. where have you been/

jd1020 05-13-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9678605)
See, this is the problem. You guys have given your faith to prior regimes and in turn, ate shit for being wrong. So now, you absolutely refuse to let that happen again. It's call being butt-hurt... scarred for life... and scared. You are scared to ever give some hope and faith to your team. Scared, lil boys...standing in the corner and crying, "I loved her and she hurt me!!! I'll never love again!!!! Neva!!!!"

Your team would be real proud of ya! :thumb:

I'll give some hope and faith to the Chiefs when they start following the blueprint of building a successful NFL franchise and stop trying to reinvent the ****ing wheel.

The Hunts are hell bent on trying to prove that another teams trash can be the Chiefs treasure.

RunKC 05-13-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9678585)
best option to "win now" but its pretentious for us as fans to expect that. right?

Pretty sure win now to them means making a strong push for the playoffs or making the playoffs (best case).

Pretentious thinking of win now is expecting them to automatically make the playoffs and start winning playoff games as a worst case scenario.

O.city 05-13-2013 10:46 AM

They went with the win now approach, which is great. I'm ready for them to win now. But they did make the win now move, so I don't really see why there is a problem holding them to that standard.

People have been pissed on here saying people are too negative, yet now it seems we are getting that some are being too positive?

Sandy Vagina 05-13-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9678611)
I'll give some hope and faith to the Chiefs when they start following the blueprint of building a successful NFL franchise and stop trying to reinvent the ****ing wheel.

The Hunts are hell bent on trying to prove that another teams trash can be the Chiefs treasure.

Not how it works. That's just called hopping on the bandwagon.

SAUTO 05-13-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9678612)
Pretty sure win now to them means making a strong push for the playoffs or making the playoffs (best case).

Pretentious thinking of win now is expecting them to automatically make the playoffs and start winning playoff games as a worst case scenario.

and 8-8 is making a strong push...

guess what 8-8 isnt even playing "winning" football.

and if you trade 2 2nds for a win now qb you should be making noise come playoff time, no learning seasons...