ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2013-2014 Official NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275118)

-King- 03-26-2014 08:55 PM

Lebron should never not have the ball in late game situations.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 03-26-2014 08:57 PM

Pretty good play design, good recovery by hibbert.

Would probably rarer hav lebron shoot a jumper, but designe up a good shot.

Please let us have 7 more of those in may

dirk digler 03-26-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10519495)
Lebron should never not have the ball in late game situations.
Posted via Mobile Device

or Wade or Allen. But if you are only down by 1 Lebron needs to take the shot

KC_Connection 03-26-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10519504)
or Wade or Allen. But if you are only down by 1 Lebron needs to take the shot

Why? If you can get a better shot than LeBron taking some low percentage contested jumper, get that instead.

I feel like we have this discussion every year.

KC_Connection 03-26-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10519487)
Good thing Lebron would rather pass to Bosh LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

This shit still? After all his great late game decision making over the past few seasons?

That was the play call. Had a decent look too (Bosh usually hits that), but Hibbert made a good contest.

-King- 03-26-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10519544)
This shit still? After all his great late game decision making over the past few seasons?

That was the play call. Had a decent look too (Bosh usually hits that), but Hibbert made a good contest.

Do you disagree? The superstar player should pretty much always get the last shot. Especially when he'd had the kind of day lebron had today.
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler 03-26-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10519542)
Why? If you can get a better shot than LeBron taking some low percentage contested jumper, get that instead.

I feel like we have this discussion every year.

I will take my chances with the greatest player in the world taking a shitty shot vs Bosh taking a shitty shot. If I am down 3 I want Allen to take the shot if I am down 1 Lebron has to. He is the best player in the world getting to the rim and creating his own shot. And I understand that the defense will dictate some of this but unless they are triple teaming him he needs to get the ball.

KC_Connection 03-26-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10519562)
Do you disagree?

Yes, obviously. Having your superstar take a contested shot (which it would have been in LeBron's case) is not always the best option. In fact, it's usually more low percentage than what you can get elsewhere.

There was nothing wrong with the play drawn up there. Bosh is a likely HOFer in his own right and has made a career out of hitting those types of shots. Hibbert made a good contest, though, and affected it.

KC_Connection 03-26-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10519575)
I will take my chances with the greatest player in the world taking a shitty shot vs Bosh taking a shitty shot.

I suspect the idea was for Bosh to be taking a wide open one, not a shitty one. And it nearly was that.

Quote:

If I am down 3 I want Allen to take the shot if I am down 1 Lebron has to. He is the best player in the world getting to the rim and creating his own shot. And I understand that the defense will dictate some of this but unless they are triple teaming him he needs to get the ball.
If there was just a bit more time or if the game was at home (where they'd be much more likely to get a call than in Indiana), I'd probably agree with LeBron driving and creating for himself or others there. But what they ended up with was fine.

dirk digler 03-26-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10519588)
I suspect the idea was for Bosh to be taking a wide open one, not a shitty one. And it nearly was that.

If there was just a bit more time or if the game was at home (where they'd be much more likely to get a call than in Indiana), I'd probably agree with LeBron driving and creating for himself or others there. But what they ended up with was fine.

The odds aren't high that you are going to get an open shot against the Pacers with 2 seconds left.

Anyway I think you are taking what I say about Lebron as a knock, it isn't. It is a knock on Spolestra and sometimes coaches try to get too cute. Luckily it was just a regular season game. I can't wait for these 2 teams to collide in the EC finals.

mcaj22 03-27-2014 12:21 AM

Them Spurs, still lookin good

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eNSad-xpiB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TEX 03-27-2014 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10519490)
Good. **** Miami.. The whole stupid ****ing city and all their players and fans!

This.

The East blows anyway. Put both those teams in the West and this would just be a game between two playoff bound teams. No big deal.

KC_Connection 03-27-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10519821)
This.

The East blows anyway. Put both those teams in the West and this would just be a game between two playoff bound teams. No big deal.

Except that's nonsense. The Heat have won the championship the past two years and the Pacers are clearly just as good as them (as they showed in the series last year and in the regular season this year). If those two aren't the NBA's two best teams, they'd at the very least both be in the top 4.

TEX 03-27-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10520394)
Except that's nonsense. The Heat have won the championship the past two years and the Pacers are clearly just as good as them (as they showed in the series last year and in the regular season this year). If those two aren't the NBA's two best teams, they'd at the very least both be in the top 4.

Not this season. They each would not be able to feast on the east. Id bet both would be in the 5-8 seeding. The grind of playing a more solid conference top to bottom would effetct them. Thats anything but nonsense.

KC_Connection 03-27-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10520420)
Not this season. They each would not be able to feast on the east. Id bet both would be in the 5-8 seeding. The grind of playing a more solid conference top to bottom would effetct them. Thats anything but nonsense.

I'm still not sure why the fact that the rest of the East sucks means that the Heat/Pacers are somehow worse than they were last year. It's pretty obvious they stand among the league's elite, they've taken no step back.