ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285665)

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-26-2015 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11459917)
Aspartame.

ROFL

b00m.

Hammock Parties 04-26-2015 05:55 PM

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...68&oe=55975A80

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-26-2015 05:56 PM

I'd love for both of them to do more cardio.

RobBlake 04-26-2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11459917)
Aspartame.

5x a day sounds about right

ThaVirus 04-26-2015 09:21 PM

That dude's got bitch tits and a spare tire

RobBlake 04-27-2015 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11461077)

shh, lewdog can hear you ya know

penguinz 04-27-2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11461077)

It is a X-fit gym. Give them time, they will be ripped and on oxy-codone treating their back and knee injuries.

Aspengc8 04-27-2015 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11459847)
It can be, but not if you load it up with butter.

Whats wrong with butter on it? (curious as I've been loading my homemade mashed sweet potato's with grassfed butter).

penguinz 04-27-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 11461448)
Whats wrong with butter on it? (curious as I've been loading my homemade mashed sweet potato's with grassfed butter).

If it fits into your macros it is fine. Just quickly adds a lot of calories.

Silock 04-27-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 11461448)

Well, first there's the matter of calories. Second, ingestion of fat around the workout isn't ideal. Obviously you need fats, but they're best ingested at other times. I mean, it's not a deal breaker or anything, corn on the cob already isn't ideal post-workout because of the fiber content. Lots of fiber and fats slows absorption of the nutrients. And while it's true that the anabolic window is quite large (2 days or so), if you're exercising daily, you're going to want to keep that post workout meal as fat free as possible to maximize muscle uptake of protein and carb. Again, that's not saying that just concentrating on your overall macros isn't more important, because it is, but when you're really trying to find-tune things, quick carbs like potatoes go best in a fat free state, especially when paired with lean proteins.

Aspengc8 04-27-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11461722)
Well, first there's the matter of calories. Second, ingestion of fat around the workout isn't ideal. Obviously you need fats, but they're best ingested at other times. I mean, it's not a deal breaker or anything, corn on the cob already isn't ideal post-workout because of the fiber content. Lots of fiber and fats slows absorption of the nutrients. And while it's true that the anabolic window is quite large (2 days or so), if you're exercising daily, you're going to want to keep that post workout meal as fat free as possible to maximize muscle uptake of protein and carb. Again, that's not saying that just concentrating on your overall macros isn't more important, because it is, but when you're really trying to find-tune things, quick carbs like potatoes go best in a fat free state, especially when paired with lean proteins.

Thank you sir, great explanation! I used to drink a shake with dextrose back in the day.. but have read so much stuff lately that says that it is mostly bro-science and its more important to focus on overall nutrition. I have so much london broil in my freezer.. been pretty much having it with every meal. Steak and eggs, steak and sweet potato fries, steak and mashed.. I just dont get tired of it.

penguinz 04-27-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 11461767)
Thank you sir, great explanation! I used to drink a shake with dextrose back in the day.. but have read so much stuff lately that says that it is mostly bro-science and its more important to focus on overall nutrition. I have so much london broil in my freezer.. been pretty much having it with every meal. Steak and eggs, steak and sweet potato fries, steak and mashed.. I just dont get tired of it.

That sounds awesome. I have a bunch of Elk in the freezer but no time to fix any of it.

ThaVirus 05-05-2015 11:28 PM

The new "dad bod" craze. Thoughts?

el borracho 05-07-2015 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11459822)

Hmmm... might need some help with that page. I've entered age (45), weight (205lb), height (71") ok. Not sure about the "modifiers", though.

"Activity multiplier" for someone who works out 4 times a week = "moderately active"- correct?

"Calorie split" for someone looking to cut fat = "cut +10%/-30%"- correct?

With that information, this thing seems to think I have a lean body mass of just 137lbs (sounds way low) and a bodyfat of 33.15% (sounds way high). What am I doing wrong?

el borracho 05-07-2015 09:29 AM

Oh, and any advice on turning recommended macros into an actual diet?