ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What's for dinner? Here's mine... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269869)

lewdog 06-29-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10722407)
Only if he learns to not put shit in his burgers. :)

A relationship is all about compromise, young grasshopper.

In58men 06-29-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10722347)
No. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

That's a common meatloaf add, and it's not happening. And I don't want no White Castle burger.

Oh no this is a lot better than gold fishes. Like 20 times better. I'm being dead serious.

Stewie 06-29-2014 01:07 PM

Just got an email from HyVee. Black Angus sirloin steaks for $3.99/lb. on Monday and Tuesday. Sweet corn for $0.19 each. There are limits, but dang, that's a good deal.

Fire Me Boy! 06-29-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10722427)
Oh no this is a lot better than gold fishes. Like 20 times better. I'm being dead serious.

Dude, you should totally smear Nutella on the next ribeyes you do. The chocolate imitates a faux mole sauce and the roasted hazelnuts add a wonderful nuttiness and smoked quality. You'll love it. No really.

For realsies, not gonna happen. Not because I don't think you like it (and maybe others, too). But because that's a meatloaf burger, and I don't like meatloaf in general. That onion mix is a frequent add to meatloaf, and I'm not having it.

mlyonsd 06-29-2014 01:10 PM

Worcestershire, garlic powder, onion salt, pepper. Done

In58men 06-29-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10722434)
Dude, you should totally smear Nutella on the next ribeyes you do. The chocolate imitates a faux mole sauce and the roasted hazelnuts add a wonderful nuttiness and smoked quality. You'll love it. No really.

For realsies, not gonna happen. Not because I don't think you like it (and maybe others, too). But because that's a meatloaf burger, and I don't like meatloaf in general. That onion mix is a frequent add to meatloaf, and I'm not having it.

Sooooooo all ingredients added to a meatloaf you won't add to a burger patty?

Fire Me Boy! 06-29-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10722442)
Sooooooo all ingredients added to a meatloaf you won't add to a burger patty?

Nah, I'm totally OK with beef, salt, and pepper. :)

I don't mind the onion flavor if it comes from caramelized onions, but I don't want to make something that reminds me of meatloaf. I already said I don't like meatloaf. I've never had a meatloaf I thought was good.

Why don't you try making a burger without all that other shit? It'll actually taste like a hamburger. You might like it.

In58men 06-29-2014 01:16 PM

What's for dinner? Here's mine...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10722449)
Nah, I'm totally OK with beef, salt, and pepper. :)

I don't mind the onion flavor if it comes from caramelized onions, but I don't want to make something that reminds me of meatloaf. I already said I don't like meatloaf. I've never had a meatloaf I thought was good.

Why don't you try making a burger without all that other shit? It'll actually taste like a hamburger. You might like it.

I have tried many regular hamburgers with just salt and pepper. I like to experiment with different ingredients. I like to add chopped jalapeņos in my burgers too. I try to do something different each time. Keep the old taste buds guessing. Chipotle sauce was a hit last night. The wife even added that instead if her normal mayo.

Make the chipotle sauce.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/30/ebesa6ab.jpg

Add the whole can 7 oz including sauce in a blender with Hidden Valley Ranch and blend. Let chill for 2 hours. Amazing.

It takes about 3/8 cup of ranch. If it's too spicy add more ranch.

R8RFAN 06-29-2014 01:20 PM

How bout some lamb loin chops
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/30/8a8y7y3y.jpg

In58men 06-29-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10722464)

I don't care for lamb.

Fire Me Boy! 06-29-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10722457)
I have tried many regular hamburgers with just salt and pepper. I like to experiment with different ingredients. I like to add chopped jalapeņos in my burgers too. I try to do something different each time. Keep the old taste buds guessing. Chipotle sauce was a hit last night. The wife even added that instead if her normal mayo.

Make the chipotle sauce.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/30/ebesa6ab.jpg

Add the whole can 7 oz including sauce in a blender with Hidden Valley Ranch and blend. Let chill for 2 hours. Amazing.

It takes about 3/8 cup of ranch. If it's too spicy add more ranch.

Now chopped chipoltes I could get behind.

Stewie 06-29-2014 01:28 PM

I know a ton of people who don't like lamb. It's a gamey meat even though it's domesticated. The trick is to have a good fan that removes the smell and then slice it and serve with a ton of spices and tzatziki.

In58men 06-29-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10722471)
Now chopped chipoltes I could get behind.

Try making the sauce sometime. Definitely worth the try.

Fire Me Boy! 06-29-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 10722480)
I know a ton of people who don't like lamb. It's a gamey meat even though it's domesticated. The trick is to have a good fan that removes the smell and then slice it and serve with a ton of spices and tzatziki.

You can also trim as much fat as you can and soak it in milk overnight. Rinse and dry when you're ready to cook. That will take care of almost all the gaminess.

R8RFAN 06-29-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10722485)
You can also trim as much fat as you can and soak it in milk overnight. Rinse and dry when you're ready to cook. That will take care of almost all the gaminess.

Does not bother me, cooked in butter in an iron skillet with a side of cucumber and onions and I am good