ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

Pasta Little Brioni 07-20-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8747122)
I hope Combo comes back like gandolf but instead of Gandolf the grey the call him. Combo The Pretzel and Cheese. He then passes out copies of 2-Short greatest rap songs to all the home boys and they get high and head to 7-11 to see if they can buy a 2-liter of orange crush

I chuckled

The Franchise 07-20-2012 06:17 PM

Season 4 complete. ****ing. Awesome.

L.A. Chieffan 07-20-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 8756478)
Nope, Saul's guy Huell took it when he patted him down at Saul's office. That was the theory during the break and confirmed in the premiere.

There are slow motion videos on you tube showing Huell putting something in his pocket after "checking" Jesse.

how was it confirmed

Third Eye 07-20-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8756753)
how was it confirmed

Walt and Saul talk about it right before the big confrontation. Saul even says something to the effect of: "Huell could have broke this thing with his hot dog fingers."

Red Brooklyn 07-20-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8746885)
This.

This show is a masterpiece with these types of things.

Exactly. This is what the show has always done best. It' too bad, as Reaper said, the show is tending away from these moments in favor of bizarre, giant caper/action scenes.

Just watched the premiere. The opening was perfect. There were some great little moments, all quiet. But, again, the show started to get away from itself as it unfolded.

Maybe they're trying to beat their reputation for slow starts. I don't know. But I'm still all in. I'm super excited to see what happens/where it goes. But if this episode was a blueprint of what we can expect from here on out, I could see myself losing interest on a character level entirely, and shift to only wanting to see what happens next.

I don't want to become like the lazy LOST fans. I want to stay invested.

okcchief 07-21-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8757027)
Exactly. This is what the show has always done best. It' too bad, as Reaper said, the show is tending away from these moments in favor of bizarre, giant caper/action scenes.

Just watched the premiere. The opening was perfect. There were some great little moments, all quiet. But, again, the show started to get away from itself as it unfolded.

Maybe they're trying to beat their reputation for slow starts. I don't know. But I'm still all in. I'm super excited to see what happens/where it goes. But if this episode was a blueprint of what we can expect from here on out, I could see myself losing interest on a character level entirely, and shift to only wanting to see what happens next.

I don't want to become like the lazy LOST fans. I want to stay invested.

The giant/caper action scenes have been a part of the show from the beginning as well. I'm sure you'll get plenty of the scenes you are looking for still. Obviously, the action picks up as the show goes along since their lives are batshit crazy now.

People who have previewed the first few episodes are talking the next one up quite a bit. Can't wait!

notorious 07-21-2012 09:11 PM

http://2tfu.files.wordpress.com/2012...ight-tight.gif

Bewbies 07-21-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8757395)
The giant/caper action scenes have been a part of the show from the beginning as well. I'm sure you'll get plenty of the scenes you are looking for still. Obviously, the action picks up as the show goes along since their lives are batshit crazy now.

People who have previewed the first few episodes are talking the next one up quite a bit. Can't wait!

Yeah, off the top of my head they stole those barrels to make meth, blew up the building, heck, even the series opener with the mobile lab was a caper of sorts...

Reaper16 07-21-2012 10:26 PM

It's not that there are capers. It's that the scope of them is increasing.

Demonpenz 07-22-2012 08:35 AM

what if they kidnap Don Capers

Pasta Little Brioni 07-22-2012 08:39 AM

Yeah, the magnet thing about went full Nip/Tuck

Red Brooklyn 07-22-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8758434)
It's not that there are capers. It's that the scope of them is increasing.

The scope, and the logic.

But it's about balance. I can take large, semi-idiotic or less believable capers as long as there is a healthy balance of character study happening. Other than the opening, and Skylar's scene in the hospital, there wasn't a lot of character development in this one episode. Which is fine, it's just one episode.

I'm just saying I hope as these capers increase, so does the other stuff. I'd hate to see plot dictate character much more than it already has in the series.

Gonzo 07-22-2012 07:55 PM

FIVE MINUTES, BITCHES!

Third Eye 07-22-2012 09:20 PM

It was brief, but was that The Caine Mutiny playing in the background? Interesting choice if it was.

Reaper16 07-22-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 8760461)
It was brief, but was that The Caine Mutiny playing in the background? Interesting choice if it was.

Great catch.