ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Raiders Trade for Carson Palmer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251389)

Pasta Little Brioni 10-21-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 8029936)
Oakland is a pretty young team... over 3/4 of the starters are under 28 years old. Heck, 12 of 'em are under 25. Our "missing" picks aren't really missing - we took players now instead of in the draft. There are actually players represented by those "missing" slots. Giving up a low 1st & a 2nd doesn't necessarily "mortgage the future" of a young team. Raiders do have a relatively small window, though. They have to make the run before McFadden & Palmer wear out.

:homer:

SenselessChiefsFan 10-21-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8028927)
Hue presser a little while ago

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/v...a-dd96f9ba5d49

bank on it, it's Palmer with the start

I hate to say this... but I really like Hue Jackson.

I thought hiring him would be a mistake. And, I guess it still may end up being a mistake..... but I really like his style and speaking ability.

I know that the Raiders are trying to give the Chiefs the most to prepare for. I won't be surprised no matter who starts for the Raiders.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-21-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Oakland is a pretty young team... over 3/4 of the starters are under 28 years old. Heck, 12 of 'em are under 25. Our "missing" picks aren't really missing - we took players now instead of in the draft. There are actually players represented by those "missing" slots. Giving up a low 1st & a 2nd doesn't necessarily "mortgage the future" of a young team. Raiders do have a relatively small window, though. They have to make the run before McFadden & Palmer wear out.

LMAO Better hurry and build on that Super Bowl 8-8 season last year with those two proven studs. McFadden hasn't hurt his vagina this year yet which is impressive.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-21-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8029953)
:homer:

These Raider fans really think their team is a contender. They're saying things like "window" and "time" LMAO

R8RFAN 10-21-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8029972)
I hate to say this... but I really like Hue Jackson.

I thought hiring him would be a mistake. And, I guess it still may end up being a mistake..... but I really like his style and speaking ability.

I know that the Raiders are trying to give the Chiefs the most to prepare for. I won't be surprised no matter who starts for the Raiders.

No smart coach would give any team an advantage if he does not have too. If the Raiders can get the ball out when you guys stack the box will be the key for us.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-21-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Chiefs do have a relatively small window, though. They have to make the run before Holmes & Green wear out.

Chiefs fans circa 2003.

Ugly Duck 10-21-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8029977)
8-8 season last year with those two proven studs.

Carson Palmer was a Bengal last year. Oakland just recently traded for him - blockbuster deal - its all over the sports world news... turn on ESPN

Pasta Little Brioni 10-21-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8029987)
These Raider fans really think their team is a contender. They're saying things like "window" and "time" LMAO

They are worse than KnowMo, because they actually believe it. It's really kind of sad.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-21-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 8030021)
Carson Palmer was a Bengal last year. Oakland just recently traded for him - blockbuster deal - its all over the sports world news... turn on ESPN

...and last year Cassel>Palmer, so deal with it.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-21-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 8030021)

It was a blockbuster deal for the Bengals. The Raiders got raped. Again.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-21-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8029995)
No smart coach would give any team an advantage if he does not have too. If the Raiders can get the ball out when you guys stack the box will be the key for us.

I think that Boller is the better option for this week. He is more mobilie and Palmer won't know all the hot routes yet. He won't know the WR's yet.

I would have to think this is one of the most intriguing games of the week IF Palmer starts.

R8RFAN 10-21-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8030032)
It was a blockbuster deal for the Bengals. The Raiders got raped. Again.

LETS talk about that per capita thing that was a concern to you.

R8RFAN 10-21-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8030036)
I think that Boller is the better option for this week. He is more mobilie and Palmer won't know all the hot routes yet. He won't know the WR's yet.

I would have to think this is one of the most intriguing games of the week IF Palmer starts.

Happy Feet.............. we will see

The Bad Guy 10-21-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8029717)
Of course they are desperate. Wouldnt any team in a similiar situation be as well? You cant trot Kyler Boller or a rookie QB out there on a first place team. You cant do that to your fanbase.

They are going to be trotting Carson Palmer out there without the luxury of a training camp or off-season to get on the same page as his receivers.

By Week 12, they are going to be 3 games behind SD.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-21-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8030042)
LETS talk about that per capita thing that was a concern to you.

Raider fans are black, mexican and poor. That's not concerning, that's expected.