ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively DONE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270361)

chiefscafan 02-25-2013 12:34 PM

Pest for the first time Ever we are on the same side I want geno smith. I was just stating that I liked clowney also back in prep school like dackman. That the jags fan saying it isn't any big deal we all know it. Why don't you read the whole thread before attacking people thank you.

MR. Flopnuts please don't encourage him

B14ckmon 02-25-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9436478)
LMAO

Fake jags fan, you're such a 'tard.

I'm not really sure if you are actually reeruned enough to think I'm a "fake" Jaguars fan, or horrible at insulting people.

Shag 02-25-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9436476)
they showed the short version on the Scouting Combine coverage. They showed the full interview on NFL Total Access. He definitely blanked out at the chalk board on the play Mooch had given him a few minutes before. Mooch tried to helped him out and it all looked bad.

Look I was really hoping he would come in and answer questions like RGIII, Andy Dalton and the other ones that I had watched in the years past. But he kept uttering the scripted line about winning games between the ears and then proceeded to fail the mental part of the interview. The irony made it even more uncomfortable to watch.

Well, shit. I'm out on Geno, I guess. How is he supposed to win if he can't remember the brand new plays the coaches draw up during halftime?

KCrockaholic 02-25-2013 12:36 PM

We've gotten to the point where we just ask for anything better than the biggest busts in NFL history. Anything above that, and we'll accept it.

DaKCMan AP 02-25-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9436517)
I'll say it slowly:

AS - has - a much - better - pro - resume - than - them.

Where - in your imagination?

Alex Smith - 59.3% comp, 81 TD, 63 INT, 79.1 QB rating

Matt Cassel - 58.9% comp, 82 TD, 57 INT, 80.4 QB rating

duncan_idaho 02-25-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9436470)
3700yds, 68.5% comp, 27 TD, 8 INT as a true soph.

Bridgewater is basically Geno Smith. Very similar size and measureables. Similar ratios as true sophomore starters, though Bridgewater threw for more yards and was a second-year starter rather than a first-year guy.

Smith's 2010 offense at West Virginia had much more run balance, though it gained about 500 yards less total offense (Against a much more difficult schedule that included a stronger Big East and better non-con).

At least how I see it. I haven't done extensive watching on Bridgewater at this point (and hope I don't need to - because that would mean KC had drafted Geno).

Sorter 02-25-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9436500)
Anyone in the top half of the starting QBs qualifies for that statement. I don't think, as bad as you want to paint him, he was 15th or 16th, while Cassel was 32nd. So the point was and still is there is no ****ing comparison between the two.

So you think that there is no or a negligible difference between Rodgers at #1 and say, Smith at 16 because they're both in the top half of starting QBs?

chiefscafan 02-25-2013 12:38 PM

Look I'm pissed as anyone on this board

I've stated multiple times and have never wavered Geno is the answer!
The combine has reinforced this statement for me.

However we don't know what the chiefs are gonna do no one does not even the so called no it alls on here.

According to this thread I'm trying to find a positive to this situation.

Trust me if we don't draft Geno I'll be pissed too!

The Franchise 02-25-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9436518)
Pest for the first time Ever we are on the same side I want geno smith. I was just stating that I liked clowney also back in prep school like dackman. That the jags fan saying it isn't any big deal we all know it. Why don't you read the whole thread before attacking people thank you.

MR. Flopnuts please don't encourage him

Go **** yourself.

You waver more than anyone on this board.

tony77 02-25-2013 12:39 PM

So funny how people get so excited about college stats that mean nothing in the nfl.

PaulAllen 02-25-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9436511)
I'm sure you do. I do to. But I also understand what I watch.

Apparently not. Nobody in their right mind, having actually watched the games, would think Alex Smith is one of the best QBs in the NFL. Where he was picked at is irrelevant.

B14ckmon 02-25-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9436546)
Apparently not. Nobody in their right mind, having actually watched the games, would think Alex Smith is one of the best QBs in the NFL. Where he was picked at is irrelevant.

I think you underestimate how many shitty QBs are starting in the NFL.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-25-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9436541)
Go **** yourself.

You waver more than anyone on this board.

But you're on the same side. First. Time. Ever.

The Franchise 02-25-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9436550)

Don't encourage him Mr. Flopnuts.

Sorter 02-25-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9436550)

LMAO